Tom Shaughnessy

View Tom Shaughnessy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 5 Ways Herbalife Is Like A Penny Stock [View article]
    QTR - Excellent article. Numbers 2-3 are my favorite, on the mis-steps of the % other than distributors. Moreover, a company should never respond like they have, solid business operations will feed investor influence, not a fight against reality.
    Feb 4, 2014. 04:13 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Bull Is Dead Wrong On Pandora [View article]
    Awesome rebuttal QTR, I would consider this debate finished with this article! With regard to Pandora, it is hard to justify an long investment in the company.
    Jan 1, 2014. 12:39 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Patent Challenge Applications Denied [View article]
    I have nothing against Apple, I enjoy my iPhone 5S and Mac Pro, just sharing the information for investors and readers alike.
    Dec 14, 2013. 02:24 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Look No Further: Chinook Energy Is The Real Deal From The International Energy Patch [View article]
    Thanks for the excellent article!
    Dec 7, 2013. 05:24 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • God Help Me, I Woke Up With A Long Position In BlackBerry [View article]
    Don't forget about BlackBerry's share in the Rockstar consortium!
    Nov 20, 2013. 01:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Young Users Will Drive The Next Stage Of Mobile Devices [View article]
    Amazing article Michael. Very interesting and well written as always.

I see it as a very credible for you to show your positions up front in an article. I applaud your clarity, even though it is sad that people have to attack you since they have trouble attacking the information in the articles - since their stance is lacking. A bad fight for them, although well-done in defending yourself!

Nice calls on Apple and MSFT as well! Good job on the case, seems as though it must have been a long ordeal at the time.
    Nov 10, 2013. 03:55 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Winning Strategy [View article]
    Well I will take the other side of the above comment, I found the article extremely informative and straight forward.
    Oct 23, 2013. 03:22 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Post En Banc [View article]
    Timely and straight forward. Thanks for sharing.
    Dec 16, 2014. 12:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX jumps after USPTO denies RPX petitions [View news story]
    A link to my past article on RPX and VHC can be found here for those who want the backstory:

TheIpHawk originally found and uploaded the PTAB doc
    Jun 5, 2014. 04:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seeking Alpha Embraces Pseudonymity [View article]
    Excellent approach Eli, thanks for your research and reasoning.
    Mar 19, 2014. 08:44 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: I Missed It, Now What? [View article]
    Kurt, I agree I do not see a separate BBM sale, I think Chen was just trying to do some lip service on the back of the sales of Viber and WhatsApp
    Mar 6, 2014. 11:51 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Palo Alto Really 'Win' Juniper Patent Decision? [View article]
    Excellent analysis Dan - I appreciate your IP articles and insight and am looking forward to your thoughts during the trial.
    Feb 12, 2014. 10:22 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valuable Insights Positions For 2014: Still An Abundance Of Unique Ideas In Small Caps [View article]
    Thank you Valuable Insights for your extremely knowledgable information, any investor stands to benefit from a close reading of your Q/A.
    Jan 8, 2014. 10:09 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Kicks Off The New Year With A Bang: UK Company Purchases Vringo's Mobile Business [View article]
    It does not get more timely than that - thanks for the dedicated coverage Justin.
    Jan 3, 2014. 06:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple May Earn $46 Billion In Annual Profit From TV By 2020 [View article]
    Wow, awesome article Alex - very interesting.
    Nov 30, 2013. 07:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment