Tom Wynowski

View Tom Wynowski's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Investing In OTC Stocks: Take No Shortcuts [View article]
    It is tricky indeed! But I agree, there are real, concerned investors who are putting out good information as well as the bashers and pumpers.
    Mar 13, 2013. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In OTC Stocks: Take No Shortcuts [View article]
    You raise some good points here, which I should have addressed in the article: Because of the low volume problem, it is often easy to get in and hard to get out and the problem of paid "research", which makes it even harder sometimes to tell what is real or what is a "pump".
    Mar 13, 2013. 12:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In OTC Stocks: Take No Shortcuts [View article]
    The whole point of my article is that a cursory look at a company's msg boards or cursory look on google can lead you down a path that seems genuine but it often proves to be spurious. These are all good points you raise about Mimvi. The most important criteria in investing in any stock is DD. Doing your DD and alerting others of the research you've done doesn't make you a pumper. Pumpers are usually pumping pure hot air.
    Mar 12, 2013. 04:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In OTC Stocks: Take No Shortcuts [View article]
    Perhaps I wasn't entirely clear, but I state that I believe "it is entirely possible that this is a case of shorters doing what shorters do: Bashing a company in order to drive its price down" rather than "a case of investors with legitimate concern warning other investors to steer clear of this company." Sorry for any confusion.
    Mar 12, 2013. 03:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's Mobile Allies [View article]
    @ss...good point. Didn't occur to me at the time of writing, but they are probably a good target for MSFT.
    Jan 17, 2013. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Positive News Followed By What? [View article]
    Thanks. I am actually looking at Microsoft's mobile strategy at the moment. Hopefully Microsoft will still be around when it is published...haha
    Jan 15, 2013. 09:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Positive News Followed By What? [View article]
    I originally submitted this article on Friday am and it has been held up by SA every since - as it is my first article I suppose - so sorry about the too little, too late aspect - I think you will find that my articles are a bit more timely in the future.
    Jan 15, 2013. 01:09 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment