Trade In Mexico

View Trade In Mexico's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How I Am Playing The Rebound In High Yield Bonds And Getting Paid 9.5% [View article]
    Funny how many incorrect comments were made here about the yield and not one comment about the bigger picture brought up by Hawkinvest in the article which is that the ECB bond buying program is likely to boost demand for high yield assets in the coming months and that HNW now trades at a discount of nearly 5% when it has often traded for a premium in the past. If the thesis of this article plays out investors could get nearly 9.5 yield plus possibly 6 to 7% or so in capital appreciation if the discount returns to historical norms. That about 15% or more in potential gains over the coming year which would be excellent in this low yield world!
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:15 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Emsone11: You are wrong, the annual dividend of $1.62 is based on the lowered 13.5 cent per share monthly dividend so the article is correct. Hawkinvest correctly stated the current distribution.

Why are some many people posting here making basic math mistakes and posting incorrect info???????????
    Mar 19, 2015. 11:52 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Madmoneyskillz:

You are also wrong, once again:

It is incorrect to say the yield is 7.75% because the expense ratio is is taken out BEFORE which means the net yield for shareholders is nearly 9.5% as stated in the article.

Do the basic math for yourself: 13.5 cents per month dividend is $1.62 per year which clearly indicates a yield of nearly 9.5% for shareholders.
    Mar 19, 2015. 11:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    turk-

Mar 19, 2015. 11:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Genworth: Why Investors Should Take Advantage Of The 50% Off Sale [View article]
    GNW is one of the few true bargains in the stock market. I agree that once GNW puts in a solid quarter or two that the valuation of this stock will normalize at much higher levels.
    Mar 19, 2015. 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Metalico: Buyout Deal Arbitrage Could Offer 50% Gains [View article]
    I made money buying WG when the Hawk wrote about it in the $4 range and then it went to around $7 and I sold it. That was another great trade thanks to the Hawk. I was looking at it today after the big drop and wondering if it was a buying op also but the management at WG seems to have lost credibility and I think it too hard for me or the Hawk or anyone to know what is going with a company like WG when management delays filings. I did see an analyst come out today and say WG could be worth $5 per share if they sell assets and if that is the case it seems today's drop is a buying op. But possibly a high risk one. Just my opinion for you Skylar...
    Mar 18, 2015. 11:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Metalico: Buyout Deal Arbitrage Could Offer 50% Gains [View article]
    Looks like a great risk reward opportunity! When more news comes out and as more investors learn about this buyout offer, MEA should move much higher.
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sterling Construction: I See Very Significant Upside In This $3 Stock [View article]
    Jeremy, after this I won't say it again, but you were/are clearly missing the big picture. STRL sold off excessively because too many investors (including yourself) were concerned about the breach. Hawk correctly predicted that STRL would get a waiver and STRL surged 30% by the close today. You were wrong to warn people here with excessive focus and concern on Comerica, and I bet more than a few missed huge gains in this stock because you were too negative and doubted that STRL would get the waiver and they did. There is more to STRL than its credit line, ok? You were wrong to be overly concerned and focused on the breach, that's all. It's time to admit it, acknowledge the market reaction of a 30% gain, congratulate Hawk and move on.
    Mar 16, 2015. 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jeremy, Are you joking??? STRL got a waiver and the stock is up about 25%. You appear overly focused on Comerica.....
    Mar 16, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Obiwan- Interesting points, the only major difference is that I think STRL could be much higher than $5.50 by year end, especially since it was above $5.50 just weeks ago. The 200-day moving average is $7.18. I think Mr. Varello will be announcing some good news as he takes the helm when Q4 come out and that could get it back over $4 very soon.
    Mar 12, 2015. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    goldenretiree: But optimists like the Hawk can be right... The Hawk wrote about MDR and ANGI recently and AFTER those two stocks ended up being the biggest percentage movers after earnings according to SA (see below). Also Hawk wrote about KEG when it was just a buck not too long ago and it more than doubled in value in a few weeks. You need to give the Hawk some credit as it is due!

TOP GAINERS ON EARNINGS, LAST 30 DAYS
    Name Symbol 1d stock impact
    of earnings Earnings Date EPS Actual
    Angie's List, Inc. ANGI 60% 02/18/15 0.26
    InfoSonics Corp IFON 59% 03/04/15 0.05
    Benefitfocus, Inc. BNFT 47% 02/24/15 -0.39
    Eagle Pharmaceuticals Inc. EGRX 41% 02/17/15 -0.39
    Vivint Solar VSLR 33% 03/04/15 -0.36
    Uni-Pixel, Inc. UNXL 32% 02/26/15 -0.63
    Rocky Brands, Inc. RCKY 31% 02/12/15 0.59
    NetSol Technologies Inc. NTWK 28% 02/11/15 -0.14
    McDermott International, Inc. MDR 28% 03/02/15 0.03
    Chegg, Inc. CHGG 27% 02/23/15 0.19
    Mar 12, 2015. 09:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    STRL looks like a bargain. I noticed the 50 day moving average is $4.10 per share (see chart link below), so it would not be surprising if this stock goes back over $4 by March 16, especially if STRL announces it received a waiver and or if new CEO announces strong goals and guidance.

Mar 12, 2015. 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I doubt Comerica is in a position to play "hardball" with STRL with the stock at $3.

There are probably plenty of other lenders willing to extend STRL the minimal line of credit Comerica has offered. The new CEO probably would not have taken the job for $1 per year if the covenant was a serious issue. Also, you are wrong, it often is just a case of waiving a covenant breach as the Hawk stated.
    Mar 12, 2015. 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Reading Seeking Alpha Really Help Beat The Market? A 5-Year Meta-Analysis [View article]
    I wrote about CHTP when it was just a $1 and a few months before the "Bronze Winner" mentioned in this article did and he called it a buy at $2. For this reason, the stats (and awards) in the article depend on the timing. Here is my article:

Mar 10, 2015. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Long Idea For 2015: McDermott International (Part 2) [View article]
    Nice 30% rally in MDR today, now at $3.30!
    Mar 3, 2015. 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment