Trade Radar Operator

View Trade Radar Operator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 15 Value Stocks Breaking Out [View article]
    Agreed, but sometimes these stocks can be very rewarding. With all the current negativity, they are ripe for a bounce.
    Jul 10 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Stocks Bucking the Down-Trend [View article]
    Thank you for the correction. That helps explain the strong chart...
    Jun 20 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Six Reasons to Avoid iShares Barclay's 20 Year Treasury Bond Fund ETF [View article]
    Yes, I remember that post. I think I said that you have to hold your nose in order to invest in those stocks but at the time they did show a bump in momentum according to my stock screening program. Sure enough, after that bump, they went back to being stinkers.

I must say, though, I didn't think TLT would bounce back as strongly as it did.
    Jun 16 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time for a Recovery in Tech? [View article]
    The company has released a statement saying their supply chain is not impacted by the Japan situation.
    Apr 20 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financials Among Top Trending ETFs [View article]
    To bigskings and truebrit,

This post is not an endorsement of the financial sector. In my personal opinion, this is one of those "hold your nose while investing" scenarios.

In any case, this post is merely pointing out that the trend has been positive for the sector. For those who are trend followers, that may be useful information.
    Jan 10 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Computer Science Corp: On the Verge of Better Things? [View article]
    Some have suggested that CSC could be a good fit for Oracle. CSC remains profitable (after all, struggling companies don't typically raise their dividend) but perhaps it will take a Larry Ellison to get the company on a stronger growth path.
    Dec 28 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has the Bond Bubble Burst? ETF Trending Provides a Clue [View article]
    I agree, TBT always seems like it deserves to rally but it never does.

This post just points out that some technical indicators suggest it could happen this time. Time will tell...
    Oct 19 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ON Semiconductor Breaking Out [View article]
    Keep in mind, breakouts are always followed by pullbacks. The jury is still out, waiting on the next earnings report. The recent pullback was exaggerated by an analyst downgrade whose thesis, increased competition from TXN, doesn't seem all that compelling to me.
    Oct 11 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comtech: A Bullish Reversal, New Dividend and Still a Value Stock [View article]
    I believe the $500 million contract was for phase 2 of a project after CMTL had already been awarded phase 1.
    Oct 10 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Challenges Grow for Server Vendors [View article]
    I've had no better luck trying to find out when EMC might begin paying dividends.

With respect to Rackspace, I think they're in a good place in terms of the movement to outsource data centers and server support; however, I'm not so sure they are cloud leaders and I have to think their margins and return on assets will continue to be thin. IMO, they are currently over-valued.
    Oct 10 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q2 Earnings Don't Confirm Double-Dip Projections [View article]
    The article did not focus on Q2 earnings at all, only on forward guidance. Unfortunately, the Seeking Alpha editor used the word Earnings in the title.
    Aug 25 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Q2 Earnings Don't Confirm Double-Dip Projections [View article]
    Please see the post that does just what you suggest: Is company guidance worth listening to? (blog.trade-radar.com/2...)
    Aug 25 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Agriculture's on Fire: The Sector's Best Stocks and ETFs [View article]
    Good to hear from someone with direct experience. What do you think - is this ag sector bull run over done?
    Jul 26 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction in the Offing for Semis? [View article]
    Totally agree. Traditional chips continue to edge toward being commodity products. The value-add is in the higher integration chips which should provide fatter margins.
    Jul 3 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Android Good for Google? [View article]
    Agree with respect to MOT, no opinion on HTC but Samsung has been in serious growth mode for the last few years including in the cell phone market. I wouldn't bet against them. Google could do a lot worse than partner with Samsung.

With respect to Apple, I don't get the impression Jobs would ever partner with anyone big to any significant degree. Walled garden, etc.
    Jun 4 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment