Trade Radar Operator

View Trade Radar Operator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Google's Big Mistake [View article]
    Can you address the potential of the AdMob acquisition for Google? Providing ads (without depending on search) on mobile devices - seems to be what you are saying is missing from Google's arsenal.
    Jun 1 12:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does the Market Deserve to Be This Oversold? [View article]
    As pointed out in the article, growth stocks by definition have high PEs. Does that mean one shouldn't have any growth stocks in their portfolio? Should all value analysis exclude growth stocks?
    May 31 01:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does the Market Deserve to Be This Oversold? [View article]
    TTM earnings are used in this analysis. I should have specified that.

It is my understanding that EV-to-EBITDA less than 6 is considered "deep" value so the 6 to 12 range, in my opinion, can be considered "reasonable value" to fairly valued.
    May 31 01:06 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Durable Goods Report: Not Disappointing for Tech [View article]
    Point taken; however, the period you mention was during the Internet bubble so I'm not sure it particularly makes sense to compare current conditions to bubble conditions.
    May 29 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is the Semiconductor Rally Coming to an End? [View article]
    Personally, I have been a tech bull for months, especially with respect to semiconductors. So it came as a surprise to see the article about inventory buildup. It was a jarring note, so to speak, so I thought it was worth posting about.

I remain bullish but watchful.
    Apr 20 05:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodity Markets Not Crazy Enough? Just Wait, Here Come the Quants [View article]
    My fear exactly!
    Apr 8 11:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Strong Trending Stocks for Your Consideration [View article]
    The NAFC referred to in the post is Nash-Finch. they are a food service company, not a steel company. They are up at least 4% since the post was published on my site a couple of days ago. Maybe you have the symbol wrong?
    Mar 2 05:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Rally's Not Dead Yet [View article]
    Moving averages show where we have been. The point of my post was to show that the moving averages suggest underlying strength remains; therefore, the pat of least resistance would probably remain up.
    Mar 1 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie/Freddie Discover Karma, Push Worst Loans Back to Banks [View article]
    I admit I'm not an expert on mortgage securitization. I was merely enjoying some righteous taxpayer indignation.

I agree that forensic accountants are digging into these loans but they are starting their analysis by looking at the securities showing the greatest number of defaults. In my simple way, it seems like where there's smoke there's fire.

It is all too true that banks are tightening lending standards. Keep in mind, however, stupidly lax lending standards are what got us into this mess to begin with. So the pendulum swings; eventually we'll end up in a reasonable place.
    Feb 1 10:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Market Will Recover: In the Meantime, Run for Cover [View article]
    There's more to this economy than banks and mortgages.
    Feb 1 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare: Affordable Private Insurance Is Already Available [View article]
    Another laughable post from the main apologist for the status quo
    Nov 9 11:41 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Price Safety? Time to Desert Stable Value Funds [View article]
    Sometimes the Seeking Alpha editors take liberties with the posts that they publish. For example, they removed the link that I provided to previous posts on the subject. Here it is for those that are interested:
    blog.trade-radar.com/s...

Also, the title has been made more provocative than that on the original post. I am not suggesting investors should flee stable value funds altogether, just that they should consider lessening their exposure.

On Oct 10 11:41 AM Alan Young wrote:

> I have done a lot of studying on investment, but this is my first
    > encounter with the term "stable value fund." Sounds like a good idea,
    > but what is it? Imagine my dismay when the article gives no definition,
    > no explanation, no examples, not even links to the previous "several
    > posts."
    > Well, maybe "dismay" is too strong a word. But it sure makes the
    > article useless for many readers.
    Oct 10 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution: Plenty of Event Risk on the Horizon [View article]
    Manuel, you are correct. My caution arises from the fact that so many stocks have accomplished this. This indicator can't get much better but could easily get worse.

On Sep 14 10:02 AM manuel wrote:

> sorry I am learning, but if a shorter term MA(20) crosses a longer
    > term(50) isn´t that a bullish sign?
    Sep 14 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup's Doomed IT Strategy [View article]
    Digs - please don't confuse productivity with cost savings. Everything is 10 times harder to accomplish and takes 10 times longer now that more systems and services are integrated and rationalized. You are spot on, however, in your assessment of Citi's auditors.
    May 22 02:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel (INTC) Q109 EPS of 11 cents beats by 8 cents. Revenues $7.1B vs. consensus $6.98B. [PR]  [View news story]
    If you look deeper into the numbers, the picture is not so rosy. They didn't take as huge a write-down as expected on certain assets and their tax rate was 1% instead of the expected 27%. Processor sales were down significantly. Don't get me wrong, the company did well under the circumstances, but this is not short sellers manipulating the market.
    Apr 14 04:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment