TraderMark

View TraderMark's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 50 Cent Pushes a Penny Stock; 1999 Redux [View article]
    Word to your mother.
    Jan 13 10:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Amazing Statistic About Our Abnormal Market [View article]
    Makes you wonder how Germany is doing so well with only a 3.5% deficit to GDP eh? ;)
    Jan 13 10:56 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As S&P 500 Breaks to New Highs, Short Sellers Dropping Like Flies [View article]
    Late April to late June was the only time we did not have

QE1
    QE 1.5 (rollover of mortgage funds to new treasury purchases)
    QE2

Aside from the crazy May 6th it was also the only time this market acted normally. May 6th is an issue onto itself of technology getting ahead of regulators.

I was having a grand time in those months as stocks hit resistance, pulled back, bounced off support, and generally acted as if buyers and sellers were battling it out. Since Jackson Hole Wyoming we're back to super abnormal.
    Jan 13 10:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Canada and Brazil Taking on U.S.-Like Characteristics in Debt Exposure [View article]
    rising rates hurt housing. Brazil has an inflation problem so rates shall continue to go up. So housing will have some headwinds until the easy money from the Western central banks slows down.
    Jan 13 09:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Do you have Canada's version of Home and Garden channel? lol.
    Jan 13 09:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This was the same logic in the U.S. in 2006

"These doom and gloomers - what idiots!"
    Jan 13 09:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gliding Along the 13 Day Moving Average - Deja Vu [View article]
    me?

Never.

(innocent look)
    Jan 12 10:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    wake up and smell the ponzi

www.distressedvolatili...

Brian Sack early October 2010:

"Nevertheless, balance sheet policy can still lower longer-term borrowing costs for many households and businesses, and it adds to household wealth by keeping asset prices higher than they otherwise would be. "
    Jan 12 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unemployment Is Becoming a Structural Problem [View article]
    I love rhetoric in the face of evidence. I would love 0% tax rate myself. But where were all the jobs the tax cuts of 01 and 03 created? Id argue almost all job creation came from deficit spnding..since medicare supports our healthcare, the taxpayer supports our schools and the taxpayer supports govt jobs.

I am not Keynesian. I am pointing out facts. Most of the tax cuts at the top generated increased wealth but the siphoning of jobs to asia did not stop. There was no condition in the lowering of taxes to create jobs domestically just the great trickle down economics myth offered for 30 yrs. The main private job driver was building homes due to easy money bubble builder Alan Greenspan...that had zilch to do with tax cuts. And those jobs were obviously fleeting. Building homes has little productive value. Like many of the new jobs we have created and replaced the old fashioned types where we made things it is just shuffling of money for unproductive reasons, not muc different from a bar keep or nail salon. By the way bars an d restaurants were the next highest growth area after healthcare, education, and government. Another indictment of the structural issues the US has.
    Jan 12 05:37 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unemployment Is Becoming a Structural Problem [View article]
    actually healthcare, government, and education have been where all the job growth has been the past decade. All supported by the taxpayer totally or very heavily. Nothing to do with energy.

The private sector has created no jobs (net) in the past decade since for each one we create, we ship one away, or automate it away. And then an extra one.

About a year ago the chart showed +7M jobs in healthcare education and govt. And -3M+ in private sector.

Remember all those jobs the Bush tax cuts created? errr

www.fundmymutualfund.c...
    Jan 12 03:37 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unemployment Is Becoming a Structural Problem [View article]
    Wrote about this in 2007; but I don't work for an investment bank so I guess it doesn't matter.

Glad to see more and more are seeing reality that a few of us saw long ago.

www.fundmymutualfund.c...
    Jan 11 08:29 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 in 6 Americans Live in Poverty [View article]
    good point

I suppose if you live with mom dad, eat their food and take public buses you have disposable income. But is that really 45M Americans? Maybe 10M, 15M.
    Jan 11 03:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 in 6 Americans Live in Poverty [View article]
    So a family of 4 making $24K or less has iphone and xbox? And a single person making $14k or less does? Frick I need to drop to the poverty level...I am missing out on all these toys.

I must really be poor at my budgeting skills because with a 14K (or less) a year income, if I divide by 12 and account for a roof over my head, heat, water, electric (to recharge by iphone and play my xbox), make a few trips to grocery, put gas in my car, pay for car insurance, and such I don't seem to have all that much left over each month to buy those xbox games or pay that monthly fee to ATT for my iphone. But again I am bad at budgeting on 1000 a month income unlike these folks who have fgured it out.
    Jan 10 02:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 in 6 Americans Live in Poverty [View article]
    Huh? I can go get an air conditioner or 6th tv. I just don't have the need.

As for 1920s recessions many less lived in cities back then and many more were agragrian. Being poor but self sufficient in food was a bit easier in that construct. Granted that did not help out a decade later during the dust bowl.

So it sounds like you are with me. People are just too lazy and if we end all subsidies to the poor we will teach them to get off theirr butts and go work another 1 or 3 jobs. Granted finding 35M more jobs is a minor issue but I am sure with some elbow grease they will figure it out.
    Jan 10 02:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 in 6 Americans Live in Poverty [View article]
    Ironically I dont have air conditioning and only have 1 TV. (been in this house for a decade) But I am not in poverty. Somehow I am surviving but I am probably looked down upon by our society ;)

Again lets take away our government programs and we'll see what real poverty is. Many are surviving on government subsidy to pay for the things you mention. Granted the country would probably be a far more dangerous place to walk around since hungry people tend to do bad things, but we'd see the true state of the economy.

No one every takes me up on this offer - if we only kick people out of their subsidized housing, ended their food support, and did not allow them into our hospital emergency rooms - maybe then we could strive to have poverty akin to the Indians or a solid 2nd or 3rd world country.
    Jan 7 09:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment