Transcend Asset

View Transcend Asset's Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Open Letter To John Chen [View article]
    Nicely done! Bravo!
    Feb 19 11:59 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Yes, Things Can Get Worse [View article]
    I wouldn't be that quick to declare death on the company. I work with people who have an iPod for their music but have been getting their friends to ditch Samsung S4s and switch to Z30s. They only text, run their business, and make phone calls with their phone for the most part. Profile: Business owners, 50+. Blackberry's target market? YES!

Time will tell =)
    Dec 23 09:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Durable Goods [View news story]
    Yes, but *core* durables are down. ie. CapEx minus aircrafts (military goods) is down. And has been revised down for August.

Oct 25 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    There's a link posted on someone's Twitter, refers to a patent troll article. It seems to follow the same line of thought as Assensio... which is that Universal is a patent troll. I am not sure it really is one in the sense that it continues to improve OLED products and conduct research. A true troll doesn't. Of course, some may just argue we can forget the troll part and see what this legislation change could do to the bottom line. Safer to just watch this thing from a distance till ER.

Interesting read: http://nyti.ms/19ewGKx
    Oct 18 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    Sidney, here's the link:

Now, if you would be so kind as to apologize that would be appreciated! There is no "we." It's just me. And since you get to just call yourself Sidney, I can call myself Transcend Asset. My first name is Linda and that's as far as I'll go. We should all be allowed some privacy, and as it is, I share more on SA than you do.

If you're upset about your position on OLED, you can write a counter argument and we can entertain the viewpoint. Address the arguments, not the person. Otherwise, I'll have to report you for abuse of the forum.

I tried my best on the content re: OLED. Some have said that I'm not a chemist, so they've decided to disregard my research. Each to their own.
    Oct 17 11:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    If you have read my other twits, you would have seen I said I don't know what this thing is doing any more. So were were discussing things.

Me, and this guy Chris who goes by Piggybank on StockTwits. You could have chatted with me vs randomly making stuff up.
    Oct 17 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    Sidney, you have it all wrong! I was talking to this guy called Chris and he asked me where I saw the comment. That COMMENT was not mine. It belongs to someone posting on SA. I also twitted the link! Geez, talk about paranoia!
    Oct 17 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Debt ceiling debate reportedly over [View news story]
    So.... when's the speech telling us when the next drama begins all over again?
    Oct 16 11:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    slacker,

1) I'm not trying to say there can only be one IP holder. I am trying to say OLED is a complex subject matter and there are so many companies and people involved in the research on an ongoing basis. There will be groups insisting they are the ones that should get the credit. To complicate matters, some entities buy out others. And some entities work with others (cooperation) sharing ideas.

That's all good until Universal gets too much media attention. Then, yes... we get suits due to some party angry and thinking... "HEY! We helped you/ what about us/ you think you could do it all by yourself!"

Part of Universal's problems lies in their grandiose attempts to paint a picture that they are the dominating force behind OLED. Sometimes, they seem to forget how they got to where they are and how many other companies worked with them and how academia was the original source of much research, not Universal itself.

LG/ Kodak and Samsung/ Novaled are used to give the reader an understanding of how complex the OLED industry is and how large companies need to get IP from the smaller company to assist them in their endeavors. Kodak IP helps LG Chem. Novaled helps SMD.

More overlapping ideas in my response to 2) below.

2) There are many selling assorted emitters. PHOLED development has been ongoing in companies and academia for over 20 years according to some articles I have read. I admit to the details being too technical sometimes, and I cannot understand them as I am not a chemist or physicist. The reason Universal has been sued is because they keep wanting to say they are the driving force behind the development. Dig a little deeper, and you will find that much of the development in OLED field is through cooperation and sharing of ideas. Universal has had to work with Dow, Mitsubishi, etc to advance their work. Dow sells OLED material to Samsung but they don't hype it up: http://bit.ly/161U2iW

Also of note is Duksan Hi-Metal of Korea which supplies the blue material and was involved in patent suits with Universal until they decided to cooperate and further share knowledge to enhance each other's future offerings.
    Oct 10 01:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    First time, early September, close to but under $37 then covered as I did not have time to do more research. Mid-September, been holding it through the volatility... $33 something.

How about you? I guess it's valid to ask if you are long or short.
    Oct 9 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    Revenue and earnings may or may not beat expectations. I am waiting for Samsung's latest earnings report to determine the actual breakdown on their revenue from various products. Not sure if it's out yet, have not checked in the last 2 days. I'd appreciate it if someone knows and can share the actual date for that.

To you, guidance is everything. To me, PE is important. It's too high, in my opinion. Also, I'm concerned that continued dependence on Samsung will stall this company's growth.
    Oct 9 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    It's Ms and no, I have no relationship to Ascensio and quit the investment industry in disgust during the market downturn. I do not appreciate selling crappy investments to unsuspecting clients and could not do what my manager wanted. i quit.

Hope that helps.
    Oct 9 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Gold Dust Or Saw Dust? [View article]
    Thank you for your insightful comments, Esekla. I will read your article later tonight. One small comment on your belief that this will be an excellent earnings quarter: Universal is only paid twice a year. Q2 and Q4, I believe. This quarter will be slim pickings, no?
    Oct 9 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Nokia Shorts Were Right All Along, And Fatally Wrong At The Same Time [View article]
    Ughhh... personally, I'd hate to see even MORE shares issues. If you've been a Nokia long, you'd see how crazy it is given the existing shares on the market. It's so hard to get Nokia up. Except when there's big news and everything goes up. Otherwise, the large volume of shares outstanding causes a massive landslide.
    Sep 8 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Me too. I think Elop convinced the board there was no alternative: no Android, no buyer for the hardware... and feared a broader backlash so he engineers the sell and makes off like a bandit, quitting the scene and leaving us to sell our shares to lock in profits.

I've bought some shares once more but I can't say I'm a happy camper. A CEO that I don't like is gone, but the company's lost a big part of its identity.
    Sep 8 01:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment