Transcend Asset

View Transcend Asset's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Mixed Bag Of Goodies: A View Of BlackBerry In China, Amongst Analysts, And More [View article]
    bobvonbobby,

Interesting! switching to use a phone.... hmmm... guess time will tell if the carriers that are sidelined or choose to stay to the side have regrets.
    Oct 8 01:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    its-on, you only went long yesterday. That's really a short view. One day, and you're out...

I promised my readers to chronicle the entire BlackBerry turnaround. Just keeping my promise. And since I have information I think a lot of people haven't found, I continue to make time to write.
    Oct 8 01:21 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Crispin, interesting info! Thanks =)
    Oct 8 01:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dezee,

I could say some people have mad hatred for this stock even though it's under new management. I can respect "not viewing the world through rose tinted glasses." I don't think I do. The glass is always half full and half empty in my world. Cheers!
    Oct 8 01:00 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    daugherty,

I fail to understand your twisted logic. They're sold out. If nobody has them, how can the orders be from distribution channels? Further, "pre-order" has a special meaning, same goes with words like shipped, sell-through, and sell-in.

Pre-order is by customers.
    Oct 8 12:53 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vlad,

Chen's English abilities are not limited. Let it be known he got promoted by his former boss while at a business I believe prior to SAP. Being a visible minority did not hinder his career. Also, he later was the boss of his boss.

There are countless numbers of people willing to work for him.
    Oct 8 12:51 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Accidentally Helps Watsa As BlackBerry Finds Love In New York, Tokyo And Seoul [View article]
    BlackBerry sells phones in China. Apparently, only focusing on the Bold and Porsche series. Found that was all they market on the Chinese BB site. Along with BBM.
    Oct 6 11:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    scott,

More like shake the tree, last try, get the options, $9.50 calls. Sentiment and news plus sell outs; fall lower on Amazon bestsellers, restock, get back up to #1, rinse and repeat...

This frenzied pace should make bears uneasy.

AsBB is selling in batches instead of waiting months and months to stockpile then release phones, BB has analysts stumped, unable to predict what's going on because "now you see it, now you don't." They can't inventory check or channel check. This bodes well for hardware sell-through recognition and revenue recognition. Increase % get to end user, then following company's recognition rule, recognition faster. Limited marketing for each incremental dollar earned would help keep gross margin high.
    Oct 4 08:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Egon,

Thanks for the link! So fast the sentiment changes. I have learned that public sentiment is a fickle thing. Changes like the weather. Just look at fashion.. what's appears ugly and dated is later brought back and made cool all over again.
    Oct 4 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    its-on, That's so true! What we need to know is if this can be a 10-bagger stock. Since many of us have a significant holding in it, myself included, it becomes important to closely monitor the company.
    Oct 4 08:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Egon,

I'm split between the Passport and a Z3 on steriods which BB is apparently not releasing this year. My favorite color is white... unfortunately, I checked with Rogers and they really don't carry it. Read online that white is November... guess I'll have to wait and see XD

I just picked up Z30 ~ 5 to 6 months or is it longer? this mobile "fast fashion" thing is something I do believe is really hitting the sector. Went into details on the article before this, if anyone missed it, that is found here: http://seekingalpha.co...

BB is causing me to go from phone purchases approx ~ 9 to 12 mos at a time to WOA! am I gonna really be hooked into getting a new one every 5 to 6 months?! makes me wonder...

Anyways, I'm not the one writing a Passport review anytime soon, by the looks of things ^^
    Oct 3 11:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When The BlackBerry Dam Breaks: Rising Revenue And Other Good Things The Bears Are Not Telling You [View article]
    John, hahahahhaa!

TOO FUNNY! Well, you know how Apple is! DENY! Even if it exists! It could be continuously tracking you for the purpose of troubleshooting, debugging, etc etc excuse. But yes, verbalizing it via Siri would be THE END for people hahahaha.

Well, the worse thing to happen would be it tracking your purchases, stealthily, and then a hacker comes along, hacks it, gets Siri hacked to start randomly making comments.....

With Apple, ya never know anymore how ridiculous things will get.
    Oct 3 05:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Cool =D Love your rhyme =) I will share it with BB =)
    Oct 3 05:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    LOL! Yeah, there were some that made me go... wow, guess I only became a fan with Z30, because beats me if I know what model it is! The shape's a BB, but don't ask me the details!

Cheers =)
    Oct 3 05:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    WaveRider,

Since you brought it up... I'd say no good if you go iP6 and your employees bend it for fun and games, then say OH! it just happened. An you end up with a endlessly ballooning repair bill. Not to mention lack of resale value.

Which would you prefer? A device that works a long time, dies, and can't be repaired, so you buy a new one 4 years out? Or one that dies once every 5 to 6 months because it's fragile?
    Oct 3 03:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment