Transcend Asset

View Transcend Asset's Comments BY TICKER:
  • When The BlackBerry Dam Breaks: Rising Revenue And Other Good Things The Bears Are Not Telling You [View article]
    WaveRider,

Since you brought it up... I'd say no good if you go iP6 and your employees bend it for fun and games, then say OH! it just happened. An you end up with a endlessly ballooning repair bill. Not to mention lack of resale value.

Which would you prefer? A device that works a long time, dies, and can't be repaired, so you buy a new one 4 years out? Or one that dies once every 5 to 6 months because it's fragile?
    Oct 3, 2014. 03:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Accidentally Helps Watsa As BlackBerry Finds Love In New York, Tokyo And Seoul [View article]
    What's wrong with it being fan or not? Isn't it more correct to see if there's celebs using them? and in particular, the BB10 iterations??
    Oct 3, 2014. 03:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    its-on,

celebrity blackberry user, celebrity blackberry sightings

Looks like there's even more than I mentioned! Have fun proving to yourself the celebs are BB users! True, I am trusting dates given by whatever writers on pages I've grabbed info from. But I cannot be 80% wrong, margin of error might by 1 or 2 person due to buying an iP6? highly unlikely if they're still on BB10 devices in 2014 mentions. Anyways, this is not a science. I don't have the contacts for asking these people directly.... although they might respond via Twitter, now that I think of it. Anyways. You can look around. Springboard here:

Oct 3, 2014. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    its-on, i googled for them. i specifically looked for people who meet my requirement: time has to be 2013 to present. also looked for adoption of z10, q10, etc devices. i am also aware some ppl use multiple devices. I am only including people who've declared they own a BB device though they may market a Samsung, or their BB is for work, they may also use iPhone.

Some celebrities market or use a Samsung or iPhone, and then for personal use, it is BB. For work, it is BB, also see this opposite scenario.
    Oct 3, 2014. 02:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Ziffster,

Ah! I welcome your thoughts! Fantastic =) I love it when people question whether I've thought deeper. Yes, I have. Hence, sitting and ruminating on this info for 3 months at the very least. Didn't keep a real count but roughly, my gut feeling...

Anyways, actually, BB has WAY more countries where it is in the top 100. In the interest of kicking this article out, I had at least 6 strands of ideas, only present 15%? If you wish, let me rest up and repursue this BBM stuff a bit more =)

I have worried about statistical significance too. For example, Cayman Island is more of an "interesting!" thing to list on the table. The stat sig of the rest really seem more plausible given it's in high pop countries.

Great thinkin' =)
    Oct 3, 2014. 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi BBwetrust,

19.9% from now till November 13. He's freed of the rules Nov 13 is how I understood it. Given the word "until"
    Oct 3, 2014. 10:18 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ochah, I found comments where Apple fans said they cancelled orders and are switching. I guess that will have to await another article. Thanks for your opinion!
    Oct 3, 2014. 09:49 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, or working with zero sleep because after sifting info in this vein for 3 months (?), she sat here all night writing. And just woke up from 1.5 hrs of sleep.
    Oct 3, 2014. 09:29 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SN,

20% of Line's revenue was from stickers. It's no joke. The money that can be made is amazing. Hence, I am not writing it because I have nothing better to do.
    Oct 3, 2014. 09:27 AM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    LYogi and its-on,

It will definitely not be sold for $10 or $12. Institutions and deep pockets have the ability to hold for a very long time. Insurance companies and banks call the shots. If you think they'll agree to even $20, I think you're out to lunch.
    Oct 1, 2014. 05:20 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mrabody,

I think I read somewhere that Apple NFC does not support the user of other devices.. and Apple Pay has its own devices at the cash register? Well, I vaguely think I read one article on that. So can't really say 100% I think that's true. Adoption rates are probably hindered now, iBent and all.
    Oct 1, 2014. 03:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rmccleary97,

So true! the backlash on a CEO buying an undervalued company is so bad, they can't deal with it. Will only buy companies at inflated prices. Makes them look more clever. Inverted world LOL
    Oct 1, 2014. 03:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jinn2,

The board needs to approve a sale, so does the government. Neither want to see the company sold. Not to mention many shareholders.

$100 or I wait.
    Oct 1, 2014. 02:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rmccleary97,

What a hacker hacks an iPhone or Android device and gains entry into some rich celebrity's house... this could be all it takes.
    Oct 1, 2014. 01:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi User307,

Congrats on your first writeup! I'm honored to see you post on my article =)

Wall Street has a lot of money in Apple. The US is also very loyal (buy American), and that can explain a part of it. The other is that Apple and Samsung can afford to throw marketing dollars to sway the media. BlackBerry has to sell truth and honesty to claw its way back in North America. But I have seen some major improvements in certain areas of Asia that bode well for future BB products. Singapore, Japan, Korea, and also Indonesia (of course, lol). I'll save the details for another article ;)

We'll keep the bears wondering what I've found out ;)
    Oct 1, 2014. 11:17 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment