Transcend Asset

View Transcend Asset's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Pandora Radio: Stuck In The Mud Until 2015's Catalyst [View article]
    Err... sorry, but Google does very well with ad support for their search engine. Hence, Bing wants a bit of the pie too. So ads can keep a business alive if done properly.
    May 24 06:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After rising nearly 13% at the open following better than expected Q1 revenues with a jump in subscribers to its premium service, Pandora (P -4.2%) shares moved too far too fast before falling amid questions about the quality of its results. "Pandora needs to show further monetization gains in order to reach sustainable profitabilty," Dougherty's Steven Frankel says. "The mission is far from complete." [View news story]
    Thanks! How did you come up with 25%? In this SA article, the writer thinks it's 50%. http://seekingalpha.co...

I am just wondering if really and truly there's no way for Pandora to make money. Hrmmm...
    May 24 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the link, DigitalMediaView. Question for you... which category does Pandora fall under? Is it PurePlay? Thanks!
    May 24 05:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Bank Of Greece: Trading Halts Between May 24-30 [View article]
    zgfunkz, you should ask your broker. It varies by brokerage.
    May 24 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blackberry (BBRY) is downgraded to Hold by Bernstein's Pierre Ferragu, who lowers his price target to $15 from $22. "We dislike the risk/reward of our BB10 trade," he writes. "With Blackberry Live behind us, we see few additional positive catalysts coming through in the next 6 months." Shares -2.3% premarket. [View news story]
    Yada yada, lighten up =D

In the end, we're just trying to have BlackBerry brand everything BlackBerry, no? QNX's problem is most people do not know it's owned by BlackBerry. BB10's problem is the code is not the same as QNX. And we're getting technical *sigh*

My gripe is that BlackBerry is no good at telling the Americans they've got QNX under their hood. Maybe that will stop the shorting.

Knowitall is a Nokia fan. And I'm a Nokia and BlackBerry shareholder... used to be a fan of both. Kinda zoned out on both of them... both stocks are out of life support/ out of the emergency room but still in critical condition LOL. Peace to all!
    May 24 01:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I see it, the lack of marketing of QNX 2 hurts shareholders. We know of it, but because it doesn't get enough air time, Apple gets all the credit. And BlackBerry gets all the DOWNGRADES =(
    May 24 01:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • National Bank Of Greece: Trading Halts Between May 24-30 [View article]
    Ksmanyam01,

Stocks under $5 are risky -- depending largely on your timeframe and cashflow. It's fine to hold if you believe it will be around 5 years from now. If you expected immediate appreciation, this is where the headache comes in. Diversify and also at all times, know that you are not buying a GIC or government bond. The risk with stocks is always the possibility of a big zero. So spread your money out (doesn't mean a bank won't fail and a GIC won't be a zero or a government won't fail either... but, anyways! back to stocks...)

Personally, I have been adding to my holding of NBG. If it goes up, great, if it wants to sit there for a very long time, I'm ok with it.

To be honest, when I first got in to this stock, it was probably $1.50. All it did was go down and freak me out. It went down to 80 cents or so. I thought it would be a zero. It was depressing because for this stock, I did not go in anticipating a zero. Because it's Greece's largest bank, I classified it as a zero-risk turnaround subject to a big zero only if the country became socialist or communist or something like that. And the lowest I expected it to go was $1.25 or so.

Needless to say, my approach to a stock affects my emotional response. I'm sorry to hear you sold at a lost. Only time will tell whether this thing turns out to be a zero or not. I'm in now only because I've been following it with real money now for so long. And because I have managed to make money on it.
    May 23 11:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Bank Of Greece: Trading Halts Between May 24-30 [View article]
    Skipper, buy NBG on the Athens exchange. Then you get issued rights. You are supposed to be an owner of the shares by tomorrow. Then, it's pretty much $5.50 per share when you exercise your rights. That's 55 cents equivalent before the reverse split.

No idea if you are going to get the rights if you purchase tomorrow though or the settlement date has to be tomorrow.

What I want to know is if the rights are going to be transferable. Can they be sold to other non-owners? Since the ADR version won't have rights going directly to owners but have rights sold off and then cash dividend directed to us, I wonder what of the Athens version... is it a transferable kind of right or not? Hrmmm... and though we cannot get the rights out west, I wonder if we can buy the rights on the exchange?? Meaning the North American exchange.
    May 23 11:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • National Bank Of Greece: Trading Halts Between May 24-30 [View article]
    Any idea how Alpha Bank became over the counter stock?

My only worry is that NBG becomes OTC. Alpha Bank has a market cap over $1 Billion, though the share prices are under $1. My research on Nasdaq requires a value of $1 million and 750,000 shares. NBG seems to meet that requirement now and in the future. Your thoughts?
    May 23 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If we keep moving up like this, stocks could go "parabolic," says Art Cashin. The stocks that have the heaviest short positions have already raced ahead of the indices, and they are going to crumble if we keep going. (Video). [View news story]
    Herr, where do you go to find margin requirement changes? I'm interested. Thanks =)
    May 23 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Thoughts On The Recent Surge In National Bank Of Greece [View article]
    Greek banks are receiving a lot of hedge fund attention. I agree that the price will likely not drop quickly at this point, though continue to slide. I believe the stock stops trading this Friday and will not be back on till May 30th. This is due to the reverse split. That should control the chaos even if we have another red day on the markets tmrw and Friday.
    May 23 01:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodak Doesn't Think Much Of UniBoss, So Why Should You? [View article]
    News ahead, shorts better cover! As per this article,

"UniPixel has also been invited to attend the 10th Annual Craig-Hallum Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 29, and on the next day will present at the Cowen Group's 41st Annual Technology, Media & Telecom Conference in New York City. The company will then attend Computex Taipei in Taiwan on June 4-8, where it will showcase product samples and prototypes."
    May 22 08:03 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Thoughts On The Recent Surge In National Bank Of Greece [View article]
    Roll the dice... I am getting in now because I anticipate any good news in Greece will raise the stock. Doesn't have to be directly banking news, can be any macro signs of recovery.
    May 22 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Thoughts On The Recent Surge In National Bank Of Greece [View article]
    Not surprised given the commentaries on another SA article by the author states the ADRs do give a small dividend (in the past) when they don't get the rights. But it seems there's no formal announcement from NBG itself so then the ADRs are stuck in the dumps.
    May 21 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL +1.9%) roundup: 1) Brian White cites Chinese 3G growth as a reason for his $888 PT: he points out China's 3G sub base rose 83% Y/Y in April to 293.1M, and is expected to hit 375M-400M by year's end. China Mobile (CHL - previous) had 120M 3G subs; China Unicom (CHU) had 92M, and China Telecom (CHA) 81M. 2) Taiwan's Economic Times reports Apple is testing 1.5" OLED displays for an iWatch, and that "market rumors" indicate Foxconn has received iWatch trial production orders. 3) Digitimes reports MacBook orders are expected to grow 20% Q/Q in Q2, as Apple launches new systems sporting Intel Haswell CPUs at June's WWDC conference. [View news story]
    Apple Analysts are crazy folks. What with the $1111 PT and now a $888 PT. They sure know how to sway people with magic numbers.
    May 20 05:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment