Transcend Asset

View Transcend Asset's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Big Elephants Afraid Of A Mouse: What Apple Is Not Telling You About BlackBerry [View article]
    Thanks, Corey! Cool posts =)
    I will look at them later tonight =)

I'd do an Author's Pick, but SA really isn't letting us at the 2nd level... hmmmm
    Aug 5 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MKIA,

I think it boils down to the way Apple says things or doesn't say things keep people who are not tech savvy thinking their products are immune to viruses and hacks and this is where Apple wins in a sneaky way.
    Aug 5 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ratty and all,

Thanks for keeping this page's counter chugging! As promised, I did jump in and say a bit more about Apple. SA has now released it, so it would be appreciated if this Apple and IBM/ BB debate can just flow right over to this one here:

There's a place for elephants and a mouse. I just think that the Apple elephant needs to concede that it's great at making $$ but there's others who will also make $$ due to improving market share... while Apple's method is to increase prices.
    Aug 5 02:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    In response to the persistent thread from bears that Apple can have BB for a snack, I re-emphasize that the company isn't available.

Reuters reports with an internal memo:
    Aug 5 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Colorado Buff,

Interesting point of view and I know where you're coming from. I agree that Apple has enough $$ to weather many storms. In answer to why predict one is in trouble and the other not, and why that's even of concern, devices is the biggest revenue generator. Problems quickly develop for these mobile techs when their phones fail to sell. More on my next article, but it seems SA is overloaded or something, it's still in the queue. I'll save the debate for that one when it is out.
    Aug 5 02:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MKIA,

I've seen a bunch over the years.

Aug 5 02:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Throws A Screen Pass On 4th And Long With Acquisition Of Secusmart [View article]
    MKIA,

Well, it's not... so now it becomes a case of.... do you VALUE security enough to go for the full BB solution? if not, go ahead and *suffer* ;)
    Aug 5 01:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    bit,

I think BB's purchase does make something clear. They may be most secure for end to end transmission of data, but if they did not buy out their partner Secusmart, then their voice transmissions are just as vulnerable as that on any other phone. Hence, the Secusmart is an admission that they can do better.

So yes, they can continue to "be secure" and the leader in being data secure, but only up to one point without the Secusmart to make it the most secure.

Point taken =)
    Aug 4 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    z10isgreat,

I appreciated the link. I even read UTBBlogs. It is true though that some BlackBerry fans have a thing for black and blue... and BB adds the purple. I have brought this up with one of their managers. He hates it too but has no ability to say anything about it on a higher level, though you will note that the BB Blogs are VERY easy to read and information is accessible. Frankly, white background is easier to read.

The 2 signs that Apple is not a growth stock (and no longer for me) are the dividend increases and reverse split, along with the Beats purchase when there's better things out there that could be had for less.

The paragraph that stood out for me from your link:
    Now we find that Apple, for the first time, is also violating one of its long-held tenets: Retaining the Beats brand identity. Whereas there was a time when every product (built or bought) become an Apple brand, this is no longer the case -- and it's very telling: By retaining the Beats name, Apple admits its own brand is not as strong as, or quite possibly weaker than, Beats. Which means that the cracks in the Apple armor are beginning to show.
    Aug 4 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The C Man,

Yeah, I can relate to that. I had a friend that drove me crazy saying that the PC I recommended he get for his startup is hard to use. He was price sensitive and said his biggest concern was keeping costs down. Well, Macs are expensive to buy, expensive to service, and when you want to start an office with quite a few.... Anyways, I regret having said anything. He's an Apple-fanatic and for him, Macs are easy to use and virus free.

Even after I showed him countless hacks and virus reportings, he still stands by Apple and shrugs it off. Strange spell that Apple casts on people.
    Aug 4 05:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    944,

I agree with you. BB doesn't have to release and iPhone/ iPad killer. The iPad is dying on its own. The iPhone is having market share issues. Has been since 2012 or further back. The decline is non-stop.
    Aug 4 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    shubarua1,

I clicked on your link and went to my gmail. Can't see anything though..?
    Aug 4 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If it is truly trivial, then why do you write about it? lol. You hope to buy when the share prices are lower.

Secusmart's technology can be used to prevent wiretapping. I don't know which government would not want this if offered. BlackBerry will be the one to make it available.

I am sure everyone loves the NSA listening in *sarcasm*.
    Aug 4 03:54 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    To continue the argument that BlackBerry has a place in the future and is relevant whether Apple likes it or not, we must note that BB is continuing to innovate. It's involvement in the connected car world means that Apple is the dependent party, relying on BB's QNX technology. Here is a good read: http://bit.ly/1lqPbzC

Further to that, the progress of BlackBerry is well detailed in a piece written here:

My 2 favorite points were about filling a void and grabbing customer attention. Soap bars are getting boring. The Passport is a way to bring attention to BlackBerry's security offering.

At the end of the day, there's plenty of iPhones being secured by BES. But Apple is not going to admit that.
    Aug 3 10:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, I think it is.... lol
    Aug 3 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment