Transcend Asset

View Transcend Asset's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Code Orange For Apple: Market Share Decline Is A Pounding Headache [View article]
    Tim Devine,

Good for you for having made money on Apple. Many tech companies that have done well, increased in share price, paid out dividends, done a split - have later failed to reach their former glory.

To ask new buyers to come in on Apple based on past performance given these headwinds is to ask them to disregard all this.

CSCO, MSFT, INTC, AMD, ORCL as case in point.
    Aug 5 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    imac007,

LOL! You're funny =)

What I'm trying to get at isn't that Apple's app sales aren't great - they are. What I'm getting at is that device sales are important and I don't think given the market share numbers, they'll be able to keep cranking out record-breaking profits based on that. If you take a look at software and services, they're not able to exceed hardware sales. Hardware is still very important.
    Aug 5 05:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Michael,

I think it is a risk because the "wealthy" adopting iPhone may at most be the 1%. Unless you believe that all those carrier-supported iPhone owners are wealthy? My question is WHAT happens if carriers pull the plug?
    Aug 5 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    shaned,

HOW does one get over 103%? Right off the bat, I question why I should consider what else is said.

You can't consider one company's profits and add it to another company's. Their costs are based on different things, different marketing spends, for example.

The further I read on, the more your argument becomes convoluted. A company's profit is not based on how someone else lost. But based on managing costs. For the record, BlackBerry is targeting cashflow positive by Q4 2015. 3 more earnings reports to go! And Foxconn completely addresses the vulnerabilities with regards to supply issues and build costs. Lowered costs, breakeven or profit becomes possible.

If Apple had stayed out of enterprise and not announce the partnership with IBM, I would be inclined to agree with you that it is not competing with BB. But as it is entering territory that neither Apple nor IBM is the dominant player, I highly question your reasoning. Mine is clear for all to see: Apple is competing with BlackBerry. But then, Samsung is too. Have you seen the wall hugger videos? They've gone viral. Samsung is noticing what BB is doing on the battery. The truth is that BB's battery is tops and even though Sammy is the one spending on ads, BB is the one with the truly exceptional battery life.
    Aug 5 04:39 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    teeth26,

Really? Can you show me a link? Here's a link showing Kevin discussing how he dumped the Apple for the BB Z10:
    Aug 5 04:19 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Caught In A Short Squeeze [View article]
    Ziffster,

EXCELLENT reply! Yes, dilution will only be done when institutionals look at the big picture and realize they can get more ROI from going from debenture to stock. From fixed to equity. This fear mongering is ridiculous.

I decided to give a dose of my own thinking re: Apple to Apple longs, since an AAPL long is obviously doing so to BBRY longs.

For a different take on Apple, please feel free to look into Code Orange for Apple: Market Share Decline a Pounding Headache
    Aug 5 04:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Roll up,

I'm not bullish on Apple, but it doesn't mean it can't pull through on iPhone 6 and the carriers won't ignore the market share issue. I'm saying they've got headwinds, big ones.
    Aug 5 03:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Rogers,

Yes, thanks for that! and I'm not short Apple =)

I'm ok with people who want a dividend owning it. It's not for growth investors or people who like a distinct kind of growth: emerging markets minus the single-market risk, and a turnaround under good management.
    Aug 5 03:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Big Elephants Afraid Of A Mouse: What Apple Is Not Telling You About BlackBerry [View article]
    Thanks, Corey! Cool posts =)
    I will look at them later tonight =)

I'd do an Author's Pick, but SA really isn't letting us at the 2nd level... hmmmm
    Aug 5 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MKIA,

I think it boils down to the way Apple says things or doesn't say things keep people who are not tech savvy thinking their products are immune to viruses and hacks and this is where Apple wins in a sneaky way.
    Aug 5 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ratty and all,

Thanks for keeping this page's counter chugging! As promised, I did jump in and say a bit more about Apple. SA has now released it, so it would be appreciated if this Apple and IBM/ BB debate can just flow right over to this one here:

There's a place for elephants and a mouse. I just think that the Apple elephant needs to concede that it's great at making $$ but there's others who will also make $$ due to improving market share... while Apple's method is to increase prices.
    Aug 5 02:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    In response to the persistent thread from bears that Apple can have BB for a snack, I re-emphasize that the company isn't available.

Reuters reports with an internal memo:
    Aug 5 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Colorado Buff,

Interesting point of view and I know where you're coming from. I agree that Apple has enough $$ to weather many storms. In answer to why predict one is in trouble and the other not, and why that's even of concern, devices is the biggest revenue generator. Problems quickly develop for these mobile techs when their phones fail to sell. More on my next article, but it seems SA is overloaded or something, it's still in the queue. I'll save the debate for that one when it is out.
    Aug 5 02:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MKIA,

I've seen a bunch over the years.

Aug 5 02:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Throws A Screen Pass On 4th And Long With Acquisition Of Secusmart [View article]
    MKIA,

Well, it's not... so now it becomes a case of.... do you VALUE security enough to go for the full BB solution? if not, go ahead and *suffer* ;)
    Aug 5 01:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment