Travis Giarde

View Travis Giarde's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Pepsi Stock Split Could Happen Anytime [View article]
    Thanks for the comments coaly1234.
    May 3 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pepsi Stock Split Could Happen Anytime [View article]
    Thanks for the comments winmay.
    May 3 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi BabaOreilly,

Thanks for your comments, please dig alittle deeper than looking at just the picture in the article. In seeking alpha articles they contain links to more data, because it would just be boring to include tons of data that not everyone would want to look at in pictures. you will notice that in my article it talks about buys the CEO made during the last 6 months, that picture is only for a month or two. You need to click on the number 33 in the article where it talks about buys it is a link to more data with more buys. You will notice that he purchased 17,000 shares at least in November 2012 and if you go even further back to August he purchased another 10,000 shares, he has been buying shares for a while. Again thanks for your comments. And yes sustainability may come into play at some point, but everyone has been saying that for years, and it doesn't hurt to buy and sell immediately at a dividend change, your losses will be minimal if your keeping an eye on it. Unless you would rather have your money some place else then put it their, to each their own.
    May 2 03:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Nice comments Scottish Dough, thanks!
    May 1 12:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for your comments maybenot. Your correct many stocks are good for some but not for others. I like to buy high yielding dividend stocks and I keep them if they turn around and collect a nice yield and if they don't, stop the dividend or cut in substantially I sell and get out taking minimal to no losses. Here are a couple examples where I did this and WIN is another one I will do the same with.
    RSO - Resource Capital Corp: Bought in 08-09 when the market was tanking and everyone was down on real estate and saying to get out they are going under. Well I bought liking their dividend yield. In this case I won because I bought around $2-3 a share and its now over $6 and paying near the same dividend it did in 09, I have already received over $5 per share in dividends on the stocks I own.
    OXF - Oxford Resource Partners, bought a few months back because of the high yield for around 3 something a share, then heard of the stoppage on dividends and sold for 3 something a share and took a $100-$175 loss. So it didn't work this time but I am still ahead with RSO and the next one.
    BGS - B&G Foods again bought this back in 09 as a gamble they had cut the dividend, the stock had tanked to $5 a share but was still paying a yield so I bought some figuring I would collect a few dividends and if they stopped them I would just sell, well now the stock is over $30 a share and paying a larger dividend then when I first bought it, so I won with this one as well. I have had pretty good luck, I know everyones strategy is different and the chunk of my portfolio are larger dividend growing companies, but its still nice to hit some of these once in awhile, but you do have to watch your portfolio daily for news of any dividend cuts so you can make sure your losses are as minimal as you can make them. Thanks everyone for the comments and good luck with your ideas and strategies as well!
    May 1 12:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for your comments DrJim, it was great reading your information and thoughts.
    Apr 30 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for your comments David Crosetti, one of the great things about seeking alpha is getting to hear everyones thoughts and opinions. It very hard to blanket a comment to everyone since almost everyone's strategy or reason can be slightly different, its great to hear from everyone.
    Apr 30 11:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for the comments Dryhopped2!
    Apr 30 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for the comments Invest n Run.
    Apr 30 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for the great comments and info Tom.
    Apr 30 11:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for your opinions and comments gtcoogee.
    Apr 30 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for the links to data!
    Apr 30 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for the comments Davephd.
    Apr 30 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win With Windstream's 11% Yield [View article]
    Thanks for the comments mwaldmer!
    Apr 30 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment