Travis Giarde

View Travis Giarde's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy The Coca-Cola Dip Before Its Next Dividend Increase [View article]
    Thanks for the comment njja. I jumped into KO before the August stock split and have been looking for another entry point which is why I wanted to write the article.
    Feb 14 05:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Slurps Up Growth Led By Emerging Markets [View article]
    I agree with you deshirley, sounds like a great decision! I wrote an article for seeking alpha about thinking the time to buy more shares is now before another dividend increase, if they run it you should give it a read. If they decide not to then I would be happy to share it with you.
    Feb 14 04:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Private? Who Cares? You Win Either Way! [View article]
    Thanks for the comment rumblefox, who knows, which is part why I was shocked to see it being discussed in a seattle times article. But you can never put it past corporate executives to figure out how to pull it off, haha.... For instance my only thought would be that some of the big insiders don't have to be bought out such as Gates, Allen and Ballmer if they can show they would benefit from going private, maybe that number comes down depending on how many shares they own if they get a piece of the private pie.... Jsut thoughts.... Thanks again!
    Feb 13 02:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Private? Who Cares? You Win Either Way! [View article]
    Great comments people! I agree it would take a lot of money to do this. And I agree with wigit5 that its probably highly unlikely anytime soon. Total defensive stock with dividend growth potential for those needing to be very conservative. I was surprised to see the Seattle article on it on feb 5th. Keep the discussion going!
    Feb 13 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I will check SFL out, thanks for the suggestion!
    Feb 12 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks for your comments teeth26!
    Feb 12 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks for the additional info Owen!
    Feb 12 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Hi chenmj. Thanks for your comment. Your correct it is always a gamble trying to figure out when to go into a stock. To help me hedge and limit my risk in a riskier high yielding stock I usually set a goal of, for example owning 100 shares. If that is my goal then I would usually buy in chunks of 10-25 shares at different times to help as best as possible to not buy all at the high, or if the stock does come down some buy in towards my 100 share goal in different lots. I know for some this doesn't work if you are required to buy so many shares or if your buy and sell fees are high, but some extra fees may pay off in the long run. I don't know if you bought in one lump but I would have probably recommended buying only 200-250 at a time to see how the stock was reacting over a period of time, this way you could have bought another 200-250 during this dip and hedged some. As long as they continue paying the dividend I don't see it as being very bad for you, however I would watch it for any updated dividend news, if they cut the dividend substantially or all of it, I would definitely sell to cut losses. Thanks again for your comment and hope this info is useful.
    Feb 12 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks for the comments smoothdf. Glad to see I am not the only one watching BBEP!
    Feb 12 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Hi Linkdonald, Thanks for the comment. You are correct, not all high dividend paying stocks are for everyone, some, like you mentioned may only be worth the dividend then once they can't sustain it or cut it should be a immediate sell. I always suggest keeping a good eye on your high yielding stocks in portfolio for such situations. Thanks again!
    Feb 12 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks Valueplay98!
    Feb 12 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks Owen for the comment. I agree, great dividend pick up at this point. I like it anywhere from 8.5% yield and up as long as they keep steady with the dividend, should they ever stop or decrease the dividend payment substantially I would recommend just getting out and moving to another good dividend payer to keep any potential losses small. Thanks again!
    Feb 12 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Hi gjasick. Thanks for the question. I like SCCO and have watched SCCO for a long time. Unlike you I should have pulled the trigger and bought back in 2009 but I never did. Luckily I did buy stocks such as BGS and EXR back in 2009. SCCO not too long back had a special dividend payout of $2.75. The stock really ramped up leading up to that until the recent dividend payout of 24 cents. I potentially see a pull back to between $30-$35 and the area I would like to start my buying. Its a great stock to have in your portfolio, but I would just give it some time befoer adding more. Hope this helps! Thanks again!
    Feb 12 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    My thoughts are the same, good eye 166649.
    Feb 11 02:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Could Give You A 10% Yield On Their Next Dip [View article]
    Thanks for your comments and reading Tom.
    Feb 11 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment