Travis Lewis

View Travis Lewis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Apple Story: Alpha, Algos And A Poorman [View article]
    You do what I do. On my site, I have up Apple's option chain, graphed out. I sell weekly, monthly covered calls, cash puts, put spreads, call spreads (point is, credit) Take in slow monthly income.

I concentrate on where Apple will NOT be, not where it will be. Gains are never looked or even sought after. Never taking a loss is the #1 goal. If you do that, gains take care of themselves.

To answer your question, yes. You would sell puts of some kind on Fridays and sell calls on Tuesday/Wednesdays. That is how you would use the spirit of the algo for selling options.

I personally don't sell weekly put spreads until Monday or Tuesday as I'm using open interest to take my position. (see my site or past articles)

For the record, this algo has nothing to do with buying or selling options. This is 100% stock and capitalizes on a trend.
    Jun 6 01:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Apple Story: Alpha, Algos And A Poorman [View article]
    The cylinder graphs are real results.

Are you talking selling covered calls? Give me an example of what your thinking and I'll give you my thoughts. This algo is 1 of many strategies I have. I sell a lot of options too, rarely buy them (sans LEAPS)
    Jun 6 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Book Value Is Irrelevant [View article]
    @Author

I see your point and I'm going to come from the other side.

Apple's book value is the only thing that matters.

It is the only correlation to stock price. Mac sales, iPhone, EPS, rev growth, margins etc, have never tracked AAPL's share price.

The only thing that has ever tracked in lockstep is cash to share price (or book). It has trading up and down of 5x's. Figure out Apples book value (or cash) for Jan'14 and you will know Apple's shares price. Simply multiply it by 5.
    May 30 05:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Almost In The 'Buy Zone' [View article]
    @ Author

Apple's ttm EPS isn't $41.04.

$450 would put AAPL @ 3.85 x's cash. You know the last time that happened? I do.

Q1-Q2FY'09 when AAPL hit $78.20 a share.

Everyone knows AAPL trades off its cash level.

Cool story though
    May 17 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Price Is Back To Pre-Earnings Levels [View article]
    The author's research stopped when Apple's balance sheet surface was hit.

ASP was lowered due to Mr. Rosenmans comment. GM% is much higher because of product mix. GM% is also increased due to aging product cycle.

Buying up the supply chain and equipment with your $115B(real-time) doesn't hurt either.
    May 9 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Start Of The Apple Doldrums [View article]
    Yup, pretty standard. Will be selling credit to lower my cost basis as I wait the massive iPhone rally.

That Dividend/Buy Back talk on the CC in July will probably put an end to this years stall...next year, same routine, different excuse.
    May 7 08:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Memo To Tim Cook: Do Not Split Apple Stock [View article]
    I second no split but in fact reverse split if anything. I'd rather have 500M float than 2B. Supply/Demand. Look at these IPO's that come to market with no float.
    May 3 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Actual Value In Free Cash Flow Terms [View article]
    Thanks. I can handle my own taxes and thats about it. Too complicated of a system. I thought they only had to pay differential. Guess not.
    Apr 26 09:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kudos To The R&D Guys At Apple [View article]
    @ Stephen

You got it. It's going to be scary, even for those of us who have $1T tags on the company. Looking at what AAPL is trying to spend in 2012, it's no joke, iPhone 5+ is about to be unfathomable. With that budget all I can say is 2 words or 1 if you combined them. China Mobile.
    Apr 26 09:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Actual Value In Free Cash Flow Terms [View article]
    Why would AAPL have to pay 35% tax on its overseas cash if they brought it over?
    Apr 26 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What A High Beta Means For Apple [View article]
    Hey, Bad cop....

I don't subscribe to dollar value max pain theory for trading.

I do my own thing using open interest. This isn't my article so I'm not going to link to what I do, but, I'm sure you can find it.
    Apr 19 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What A High Beta Means For Apple [View article]
    ericjackson
    Hedge Fund Manager ownership of tech equities as of yesterday (per BBG): $MSFT 4.28%, $AAPL 6.53%, $GOOG 7.18%, $RIMM 10.09%, $YHOO 18.95%

ericjackson
    Retail ownership of those techs: $RIMM 15%, $MSFT 12.8%, $YHOO 12%, $AAPL 1%, $GOOG 0.5%

$AAPL ownership (http://bit.ly/HLzTRR): Inv Advisor 84.2%, HF Mgr 6.5%, Pension 3.3%, Govt 1.6%, Bank 1.1%, Mut Fund 1%, Individual 1%, , Insurance 0.8%

All in all, I'd say AAPl is underowned when we use facts. The great thing is, hedge funds whip AAPl around while mutuals/pension buy and sit for a lifetime.
    Apr 17 07:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Has Lost Its Alpha [View article]
    Well, then there were facts. Alpha huh? How do we measure that? I sure wish we could.

Oh wait, we have an index -- it's called -- AVSPY. I put everything on, AVSPY goes much higher year end.

FYI, AAPL Alpha started at $130. It's now $226 in 1.5 years. Now that's Alpha.
    Apr 12 09:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Mea Culpa With Apple [View article]
    Sorry to hear another person got caught up in what the 'books' say should happen.

Market cap has zero to do with current or future growth. That's just the facts.
    Apr 9 10:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparing Apple 2012 Vs. Cisco 2000? Misreading The Charts [View article]
    @ Author,

Nice article and thanks for the time involved during your research.
    Apr 9 12:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment