View as an RSS Feed
View Trefis' Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAL, AAPL, ABBV, ABT, ABX, ACN, ADBE, ADP, AEO, AIG, AKAM, ALK, AMAT, AMD, AMTD, AMZN, ANF, ANN, ANR, AOL, APC, ARO, ARUN, ATVI, AXP, BA, BABA, BAC, BBBY, BBRY, BBY, BCS, BHI, BIDU, BK, BLK, BMY, BP, BRCM, BRCMB, BSX, C, CAT, CBS, CHA, CHK, CHL, CHU, CL, CLF, CMCSA, CMCSK, CME, CMG, COF, COH, COP, COST, CREE, CRM, CS, CSCO, CSX, CTCT, CVS, CVX, DAL, DB, DD, DDAIF, DELL, DFS, DIS, DISH, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DTV, DUK, EA, EBAY, EL, EMC, ETFC, EXPE, F, FB, FCX, FDX, FFIV, FIO, FSLR, GE, GES, GILD, GLW, GM, GMCR, GME, GOOG, GOOGL, GPS, GRPN, GS, HAL, HD, HIG, HMC, HNZ, HOG, HPQ, HSH, IBM, INTC, ISRG, JBLU, JCG, JCI, JNJ, JNPR, JNY, JPM, KMB, KMP, KO, KRFT, KYAK, LB, LDK, LEA, LMT, LNKD, LNVGY, LOW, LRLCY, LUV, LVS, LXK, MA, MCD, MDLZ, MDT, MEE, MET, MFC, MFE, MGM, MMM, MO, MRK, MS, MSFT, MSI, MT, MU, MWW, NDAQ, NEM, NFLX, NKE, NOK, NSC, NTAP, NVDA, NWS, NWSA, NYT, NYX, OPEN, ORCL, OUBS, P, PAYX, PCLN, PEP, PFE, PG, PM, PRU, PWRD, QCOM, RAD, RBGPF, RBS, RENN, REV, RHHBY, RIG, RIO, RL, RSH, S, SAP, SBUX, SCHW, SFLY, SFTBF, SINA, SIRI, SLB, SLW, SNDK, SPWR, SSNLF, STJ, STP, STT, STX, SYMC, T, TGT, TM, TMUS, TOSYY, TRIP, TRV, TSL, TSLA, TTM, TWC, TWTR, TWX, TXN, TZOO, UA, UAL, UL, UNH, UNP, UPS, URBN, USB, UTX, V, VALE, VIA, VIAB, VMW, VRSN, VZ, WAG, WDC, WFC, WMT, WYNN, X, XOM, YAHOY, YELP, YGE, YHOO, ZNGA
iPad Could Benefit From New Apple-IBM Enterprise Apps
- New MobileFirst apps and the broader IBM partnership could help Apple ship more iOS devices to businesses.
- The new enterprise-focused tools could provide some upside for iPad sales.
- Our $120 price estimate for Apple is slightly ahead of the current market price.
What's Driving Our $120 Price Estimate For Apple?
- We have increased our price estimate for Apple from $110 to about $120, to account for stronger projections for iPhone ASPs and gross margins.
- With the launch of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Apple has effectively filled a void in its smartphone lineup and looks set to gain market share in the premium smartphone market.
- Bucking the trends in the broader smartphone market, Apple’s new handsets are likely to see significantly better average selling prices (ASPs).
Apple's Q3: iPhone Does Well Across Price Points; Mac Defies Shrinking PC Market
- Apple announced its fiscal Q3 2014 results on July 22, reporting a reasonably strong set of numbers that beat market expectation on earnings, although revenues were slightly lower than anticipated.
- For this quarter, Apple shipped about 35 million iPhones, representing a 12.7% jump over the same quarter a year ago.
- The Mac saw particularly strong sales through the last quarter, with shipments growing by around 18% year-over-year to around 4.4 million units, despite the shrinking PC market.
IBM Deal Could Help Apple Become An Integral Part Of Enterprise Computing Infrastructure
- The companies are working together to further their enterprise mobility initiatives by bringing IBM's cloud computing, big data and analytics capabilities to Apple's iPhone and iPad devices.
- IBM will develop industry-specific apps and solutions for iOS devices, optimize its cloud services for the iOS platform and help with marketing Apple devices to enterprises.
- While Apple has been successfully increasing its presence in the enterprise space, the deal with IBM will give the company a more well-targeted push.
- Apple Introduces Cheaper iPhone 5C Targeting LTE Growth In International Markets
- Apple Receives Holiday-Quarter Boost But Guidance Suffers On Inventory Changes And Software Revenue Deferrals
- Imminent China Mobile Deal Could Add $45 Billion To Apple's Value
- Apple Could Sacrifice Margins To Bag China Mobile Deal
- Apple Earnings: How To Tackle Saturation In The High-End Smartphone Market?
- Apple's Mixed Report Shows Need For Faster Emerging Markets Growth
- Apple Earnings Face Cloud Of Uncertainty Over Future Catalysts
- Forget Einhorn, Apple Needs To Lay Out Its Plan For Growth Markets
- Apple Benefits From Cash Allocation Talks, But It Still Needs A Better China Strategy
- Apple Takes On Microsoft With 128GB iPad, As Tablets Munch On PC Sales
- Can Apple's Earnings Put Fears To Rest?
- Verizon's Q4 Smartphone Sales Imply Another Big Holiday Season For Apple
- AT&T's Smartphone Sales Point To A Strong Holiday Quarter For Apple
- Apple's Valuation Remains A Steal, Sticking With $710 Estimate
- Apple's Holiday Quarter Could Be Boosted By Chinese Approval For iPhone 5
- Qualcomm's 28nm Supply Woes May Delay A China Mobile iPhone 5 Launch
- Apple's Well-Fortified Supply Chain Can Manage The Sharp Scare
- Foxconn-Sharp Deal Will Give Apple Greater Control Over Its Supply Chain
- Apple Falls Behind Samsung In Smartphone Sales, But iPhone 5 Is Near
- An iPad Mini Won't Move Apple's Stock
- Apple Earnings Preview: What We're Watching Post-Jobs
- Apple's Long-Term Challenges Without Steve Jobs
- Why Apple Still Dominates Tablets
- iCloud: Fortifying Apple's Moat in Mobile
- iPad King of the Hill but Average Prices Will Decline
- Competition Will Keep Pressure on iPhone Pricing
- What to Look for in Apple's Earnings
- iPad's Outlook Encouraging but Impact on Stock Limited