Trent Guinn

View Trent Guinn's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chesapeake Energy: A Wise Bet On The Popularity Of Natural Gas Vehicles [View article]
    While I agree it is dangerous, it is hardly a bluff. They actually went naked.

I can only see this going one of two ways: 1. An absolute home run, or 2. A huge strike out.

I have a feeling that with the downside to NG limited(below most operators cost to produce), the odds may be that this is a home run.
    Apr 10, 2012. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I assume that the cost to hedge at $4-6/MCF when prices are hovering around $2/mcf is quite high. Not many people are willing to make that deal right now. Kind of like buying puts. If you ink the hedges when prices are closer to the hedge price they are probably a lot cheaper, and more expensive when the prices are further away from the hedge price. Therefore, if they just took these hedges off, I assume they made a bit of money off of them.

I am not an expert on this, so I would appreciate if someone would correct me if I am wrong.
    Apr 9, 2012. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monday's Commodity News To Trade On: Acquisition Rumors And News Moving These 5 Stocks [View article]
    No way the CHK board is accepting a buyout.
    Apr 9, 2012. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CHK just announced the removal of their natural gas hedges. This could signal that CHK believes this is the bottom of NG prices. Without these hedges, they will save money and leave room to the upside.
    Apr 9, 2012. 02:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mr. Tradestar,

It seems to me as if YOU have the raw nerve. It seems to me as if you have a personal vendetta against CHK for some reason, or you are trying to place blame for the losing trade you made. To try to blame it on "hype" articles, however, is foolish. Seeking Alpha has many different viewpoints, and it is up to the reader to decide which route they want to take. That is the beauty of this website. But these articles are just that, VIEWPOINTS.

I am done responding to you, and I hope that some other author can make you back all the money McClendon and I lost you. Happy trading.
    Apr 6, 2012. 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandridge Mississippian Trust I: Reinvestment Should Be Actively Managed [View article]
    SDR priced between $19-21. http://reut.rs/HiPDBq
    Apr 5, 2012. 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas: A Winner In 2012 [View article]
    Reserve replacement; i.e. lease more acreage.
    Apr 5, 2012. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Actually, after checking out your profile, I see that you call anyone recommending a stock a pumper. If you want I can start writing articles about how Apple is going to $1000 and you should dump a cool million into those shares.
    Apr 4, 2012. 09:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm going to respond to both this response and the one below it. It will be lengthy, so please bear with me.

"It smells foul to me." Are you accusing me of market manipulation? I guess I will take that as a compliment, because if I can get less than 30k viewers and ~30 followers to make ANY significant impact on the share price, I suppose my articles and opinions are very convincing. Also, I don't have the money to own nearly enough shares to make any sort of significant money. LOL.

As to you losing so much money; don't blame the CEO and his ways AFTER you bought !!55,000!! shares. Maybe you shouldn't put over a million dollars into a stock that you can't do enough research on to discover that the CEO that has been in place since DAY 1 does things the way he does.

If you really did have so many shares and lost so much money, it sounds like you deserved it. If not, I would appreciate it if you would stop recklessly bashing stocks and accusing the SA Authors of market manipulation.
    Apr 4, 2012. 09:24 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not sure but that is worth looking into. However, you are not limited to investing in just one company. CHK will have a very strong presence in the CNG market, as well as still being a top oil and gas producer.

Picture it as a "major oil(Shell, Chevron, BP, etc.)" company, being both on the "refining" and production side of things.
    Apr 4, 2012. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the insight, Okgenie!
    Apr 4, 2012. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good question, Harry.

The Total deal was inked when NG was around $3, and I believe you are grossly overstating the cost of acquisition. I can't find the $/mcf on their recent filing, but the $/mcfe CHK has listed is just north of $3.

In conclusion, I don't think they are worth much less.
    Apr 4, 2012. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Slimback,

Anything is worth as much as someone will pay. In this case, people(the CHK JVs) have paid a whole heck of a lot for the acreage.
    Apr 4, 2012. 10:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, Skip. I agree it is risky, but I believe CHK management can pull it off.
    Apr 4, 2012. 09:18 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hgtorres, thanks for the comment.

With a bet on CHK you are receiving the upside potential from both the NGV and NG prices. The only producer in the US with more gas production is XOM. If you want to invest in them for a rebound in nat gas be my guest, but good luck seeing the impact in such a behemoth.

As for getting my facts straight, I believe I have them straight so far. Would you mind pointing out which ones in particular you are concerned about?
    Apr 4, 2012. 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment