View as an RSS Feed
View Troy Bayer's Articles BY TICKER:
Apollo May Be The Government's Next Victim In Its Aggressive Oversight Of Financial Aid Recipients
- Apollo's predatory recruiting, low completion rates, and high expenditures on marketing and executive compensation are red flags for the Feds.
- Apollo's enrollment numbers are in steep decline, leaving the company vulnerable to further contraction.
- Corinthian Colleges collapse serves as a warning to the entire for-profit sector.
Energy Investors Should Not Overreact To New Climate Change Rules
- The Obama administration rolled out new regulations intended to reduce carbon emissions in the fight against climate change.
- States' plans to reduce carbon emissions will not be approved until as late as 2019; hence there is little immediate impact to energy stocks.
- There are many challenges, both legal and political, for the regulation to overcome before successful implementation.
Weakness In For-Profit Education Makes Grand Canyon Education Available At A Bargain
- Fear of government regulation is weighing down the for-profit education sector, making LOPE available at a bargain price for investors.
- LOPE’s share price does not currently reflect its substantial room for growth.
- Based on student enrollment projections, LOPE remains primed for 25 percent growth with a target price of $60 per share.
Knicks Struggles Will Continue To Hinder MSG Growth
- MSG is hindered by growing operating expenses largely due to the NBA and NHL Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- The Knicks poor performance this season rippled throughout the Sports and Media segments.
- Contrary to previous statements from MSG executives, the company's financial results are dependent on the success of its sports teams.
DeVry Is Significantly Overvalued And It's Time To Sell
- Based on declining enrollment and weak profit margins, DeVry Education Group, Inc. is overvalued at $41 per share.
- Proposed regulations by the Obama administration present significant long-term risk.
- DeVry’s executives blame the company’s struggles on the national economy, however, other for-profit colleges are thriving in the current climate.
Solid Student Body Growth At Traditional Campuses Is Key To Grand Canyon University's Success
- Based on strong student enrollment and operating margin growth, LOPE has a 2015 target price of $62 a share.
- LOPE continues to expand its traditional campus to the benefit of shareholders.
- LOPE is mitigating the risk of government regulation by emphasizing strong admission standards and quality degrees.
- Closer Look Shows MSG's Q2 Earnings Are Not As Strong As Advertised
- Madison Square Garden Running At Full Capacity For First Time In Three Years
- Amidst Fed Pressure On For-Profit Colleges, LOPE Is Poised For 33% Growth
- Basketball Player Could Make Or Break Madison Square Garden Stock
- Surging Part-Time Workforce Mean Big Opportunity For CRRS
- Grand Canyon University: Time To Invest In America's First For-Profit Division I University
- Keep Expectations Low For Madison Square Garden Earnings
- Toll Brothers Is Immune To The Fed And Could Double In 2 Years
- Why D. R. Horton Is The Top Candidate To Build On Housing Optimism
- NBA's New Collective Bargaining Agreement Could Pose High Risk To Madison Square Garden
- Facebook A Value Buy? Stock May Not Have Hit Bottom Yet
- Emerging Market And Patent Lawsuit Make Document Security Systems A Good Play
- Q3 Nevada Gold Mining Results: Junior E&D Companies Becoming Safer Investment
- New Competition Could Drive Novartis Shares Down
- Biotechs Treating Incurable Disease Warrant Early Look
- The Next Big Growth Sector In Health Care: Stem Cell Therapy
- The State Of The Nevada Mining Industry: An Executive Interview
- Miracle Improvement In ALS Patient Could Force Big Pharma To Get Serious On Stem Cell Therapy
- Coeur Remains Undervalued After Strong Second Quarter Financial Results
- Coeur D'Alene Mines Corporation's Second Quarter Earnings Could Trigger Stock Price Rally
- New Study Deals Another Blow To Abbott Labs
- Why Google's Second Quarter Earnings Could Mean Billions For Vringo
- Barrick Should Dig For Better Deals And Pass On Kinross
- Solid Investment Potential In Nevada's Modern-Day Gold Rush
- Potash Mining In America Has Long-Term Investment Potential