Tsachy Mishal

View Tsachy Mishal's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A REIT That Could Yield 30% [View article]
    I would note that ARCT is better equipped for hard times due to its superior tenant quality.
    Aug 21 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A REIT That Could Yield 30% [View article]
    ARCT has better quality tenants and trades 30% cheaper. Being a landlord is not rocket science and its hard for me to accept that O's management is deserving of a 30%+ premium.
    Aug 21 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A REIT That Could Yield 30% [View article]
    The AFFO is the adjusted funds from operations. This is the metric that is used with REITs, similar to EPS. I used the guidance the companies have given. Its on their earnings transcripts.

ARCT is a relatively new company and acquires properties with long term triple net leases, typically well over 10 years. O is a more seasoned company so they have older properties where the leases have ended or the tenants have gone bankrupt.
    Aug 21 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare Part I - Will Insurance Companies Survive? [View article]
    Employers could have always saved on costs by not offering insurance. Obamacare does not change this. On the contrary there is now a penalty for discontinuing coverage, whereas no penalty existed before.

Your argument about not needing to offer healthcare is quite a stretch. Employees will still want healthcare. The average person does not make the calculations that you are talking about and does not have $20,000 a year sitting around to pay for it when its needed. Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
    Jul 3 08:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare Part I - Will Insurance Companies Survive? [View article]
    It does not make any sense to me why large companies that are paying for health insurance right now will stop because of Obamacare? Are you referring to large companies who are currently not paying for health insurance?
    Jul 3 03:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare Part I - Will Insurance Companies Survive? [View article]
    Isnt it more likely that if the "free rider" problem causes prices to soar for everyone that they create a separate pool for the people who are already sick. This is done with car insurance for high risk drivers.

If the system is not working than they can fix it along the way. Nothing is written in stone. Soaring costs would not be good for Democrats or Republicans. There would be huge incentives to change it and that would be the most likely outcome. With Republicans controlling Congress it would be unlikely that any changes to the law kill the HMOs.
    Jul 3 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare Part I - Will Insurance Companies Survive? [View article]
    I dont see why anything will change in regards to large companies. The "free rider" problem effects them minimally and should not effect pricing by much. The pricing on the exchanges will not be the same pricing large corporations receive. They will be treated as two separate lines of business.

If the exchanges will be effected by the "free rider" problem and costs will soar than why would large companies opt for the exchanges? The prices on the exchanges will be higher. You can't have it both ways.
    Jul 3 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare Part I - Will Insurance Companies Survive? [View article]
    I think the "free rider" problem is greatly overstated. Wellpoint has the highest exposure to the business lines that will be effected by the "free rider" problem, which are individuals and small groups. Those two groups amount to a whopping 15% of their operating income. Far less for the rest of the insurers.

"the three factors I've outlined above guarantee that health insurance companies will probably not survive before the end of Obama's second term". That is a brazen statement especially considering that healthcare reform is built around the HMOs. Although Im not certain what to make of the words "guarantee" and "probably". Do you guarantee that the health insurers will not survive Obamas second term or will they probably not survive Obama's second term? Who will perform the functions that the HMOs currently perform if none of them survive?
    Jul 2 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CA Technologies Seems To Be Feeling Pressure From Activist Shareholder [View article]
    Are you saying its a coincidence this man has found himself on the board and that he has nothing to do with the Haefner's? What is bothering you?
    Nov 2 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am aware that Walter Haefner's son runs the business. But I don't see why putting that fact in the article changes anything. His son has been in charge for a while.

I believe I gave concrete evidence of a link between the Haefner's and the new board member. I do see an abrupt change in strategy to a more shareholder friendly strategy as evidence of activism. The fact that both happened within months of each other makes the evidence stronger.
    Sep 15 06:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Want to Like Teva [View article]
    TEVA can pay its debt off with a years worth of earnings. I believe the company should be repurchasing their own stock at ten times earnings rather than doing expensive acquisitions.
    Feb 9 07:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celgene: Bargain Biotech [View article]
    It looks like the Sanofi/ Genzyme deal is happening. I believe this is bullish for large cap biotech. I wrote an article a week back explaining why. bit.ly/ferW3h Please note that i did not own Celgene at the time of that article.
    Feb 6 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: Must-Know News [View article]
    A Genzyme deal would be a boon for large cap biotech bit.ly/ferW3h
    Feb 1 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: Sellers Are Missing the Bigger Picture [View article]
    I believe the price of Gilad discounts the Viread expiry and then some.
    Jan 31 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: Sellers Are Missing the Bigger Picture [View article]
    Genzyme deal will be a boon for large cap biotech. www.capitalobserver.co...
    Jan 31 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment