Tyson Halsey, CFA

Well done.
    Jun 9 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Liquid Natural Gas Market Is Taking Off [View article]
    My focus is primarily on MLPs and don't have an opinion on AVACF or NADL.Thanks
    Jun 9 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Liquid Natural Gas Market Is Taking Off [View article]
    LNG and CQH for retirement accounts. CQH may not be cheap, but I don't see how it is dangerous.
    Jun 9 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Liquid Natural Gas Market Is Taking Off [View article]
    Your point is valid and this note, which is missing its charts, really is a timing piece. I indicate an interest in exiting in 2015/16, but think there is a ride as we go into the ramp up.
    Jun 9 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Plunge For RGS Energy? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment on Hawaii. I thought that Kam was a very smart operator. Perhaps he missed this Achilles heel.
    I am hoping that the Solar space rebounds and that RGSE's cheap relative valuation lifts this stock.
    It is probably a great buy here, I just regret I did not sell some or all of it higher. I did not see the acquisition as a problem.
    Apr 14 01:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Metric That Favors Apple Over Google [View article]
    I question whether there will be the type of growth in the future for AAPL sufficient to achieve requirement 1.
    "Does the company have products or services with sufficient market potential to make possible a sizeable increase in sales for at least several years?"
    I sense that the iPhone, iPad markets are getting more and more competition, and that AAPL is coming under the pressure of the law of large numbers.
    Dec 2 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calumet And Tesoro Are Attractively Priced [View article]
    Snoopy, I did mention the dividend increase inspite of the poor quarter and the insider purchase in the article published on Aug 15. Thank you for supporting and summarizing my update on CLMT.
    Aug 29 09:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hidden Earnings And Value Case For J.C. Penney [View article]
    It may be that the stock was crossed in the overthecounter market and not reported on the NYSE. I am not an expert on this, but it would seem highly unusual for Citi to claim to have executed a transaction that was not consumated. I think it is a typical large spot secondary.
    Ackman sold it to Citi who then lined up buyers for the stock.

I believe Ackman is out and the stock has been placed.
    Aug 29 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hidden Earnings And Value Case For J.C. Penney [View article]
    Today's sale of Bill Ackman's stock should help the company turn itself around with fewer distractions and missteps. It is a blessing and probably marks a major bottom. I looked at LEAPs and saw the January 2015 20 calls were $1.90.

If they were 50 cents it would be a great speculation. At close to $2 it is more a speculation.

We recommended the stock as it came up in our quant screens and we believe that it has a real chance to turn itself around. Turning itself around, however, is no small or easy feat. It is why we recommend for our clients that they invest in our model portfolios which have ten or more deep value opportunities like JC Penney.
    Aug 27 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Timely MLPs: Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP And Tesoro Logistics LP [View article]
    to get a 20% type total return, the RINs issue must improve. Otherwise it is a low teens proposition, which is better than the average return profile for other MLPs
    Aug 26 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I will check on RINs this week, but plan to add this week because the WTI Brent spread has moved in our favor as expected and the future new projects will lead to distribution growth.
    Aug 26 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    1. I have no evidence that they will lower RIN fees.I think given the rise, there will be pushback from consumers and shareholders who see that this fee is not behaving as it should.
    2. The WTI Brent spread has already widened so I am more positive. I look at the distribution increase in the last quarter as indicative of the BOD's intent to continue raising.
    3. Combination of company guidance and optimism.
    Aug 26 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The feedback I heard was that some investors were not paying attention and were caught by surprise by this.
    Aug 26 08:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am looking for 20% PER YEAR.
    I may be too optimistic about the RINs, but there will be pushback. Given the rise from 2 cents to over $1 I just assume that ssuch an enormous move will correct, though may not settle back to levels like 2 cents.
    The spread has widened so I feel more compfortable than when I wrote the article. I plan to buy this week.
    I will check on RINs
    Aug 26 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are right.
    I am betting on new projects and the WTI Brent spread widening to $6-8--and it already has.
    Aug 26 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment