Uncle Scrooge

View Uncle Scrooge's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buffett's 2002 Petrochina Investment And Rosneft Today - A Similar Opportunity? [View article]
    Sorry John, but for personal reasons I haven't been following the markets closely in the past 6 months. I just stick to my core holdings (banks, energy and consumer staples) and regularly contribute to a couple of index funds.
    Feb 22, 2014. 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gazprom: This Oil And Gas Large-Cap Could Yield 10% By 2016 [View article]
    Nice article
    Jan 20, 2014. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sweeten Up Your Portfolio With This Stock [View article]
    Agreeable remarks
    Nov 7, 2013. 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Bullet-Proof Dividend Growers Paying Almost 5% - The Sequel [View article]
    Nice article - I am an Eni shareholder and agree with your investment case.
    Aug 2, 2013. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've written about Gazprom in the past - http://seekingalpha.co... and http://seekingalpha.co... - I've made a nice profit from it but now it has fallen from grace. Lukoil is interesting as well, but I am not following it.
    Aug 2, 2013. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe: Never So Cheap Since 1983 [View article]
    Hi guys - sorry I had to give up writing on Seeking Alpha but I have been quite busy in the past months and took a long break; honestly I don't know if and when I will be back on track. I have made a few changes to my personal portfolio, and Europe woes are still worrying investors this side of the ocean. I stopped following Enel so I cannot give you an advice in relation to the plant sale in Belgium, although I think it barely affects global operations. As for Eni, I added to my position a few months ago and am planning to buy some more in the coming week, yet I am worried it will then make up too big a chunk of my portfolio. My current portfolio is made up of the following stocks (% of total assets):
    Eni (23.4%), Suedzucker Mannheim Ochsenfurt (12.8%), Rosneft (10.8%), Siemens (7.8%), Vinci (7.6%), Banco Santander (7%), Emerging Markets Bonds ETF (6%), CF Industries (5.6%), Fresenius Medical Care (5.4%), Veolia Environment (5%), Posco (4.3%), Other funds (4%).

Eni is having some trouble with the investment in Saipem , which it plans to dispose of, but in the words of the CEO it will have little effect on EPS. So in Europe I currently think that Eni, Santander and Veolia are still good investment opportunities. Suedzucker is a German company I recently discovered: it is the largest sugar producer in Europe and in my opinion is a good stock to buy and hold, but I suggest you do your own research if considering a purchase.
    Have a nice week :-)
    Jun 23, 2013. 01:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe: Never So Cheap Since 1983 [View article]
    I've been busy for a while now - A month ago I increased my position in E and bought Fresenius Med Care (FMS) , Veolia (VE), Siemens (SI) and Vinci (VCISY.PK) - Seem reasonable value stocks in my opinion
    Mar 5, 2013. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gazprom Is A Steal [View article]
    Hi Veritas ) thanks everybody for sharing their opinions - I know Gazprom is not an easy company to put in your portfolios; it's probably on of the most speculative large caps (+$100B) out there, so I understand if one decides to pass - I'm invested long term, but if i make a quick 30% I may decide again to sell some of my shares and bank the profits.
    Dec 14, 2012. 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gazprom Is A Steal [View article]
    See also http://bit.ly/128wYPK
    Dec 12, 2012. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gazprom Is A Steal [View article]
    Thank you for your remarks Amvet - unfortunately I am not an expert in geology or engineering so I must rely on google searches to answer your question. I found four interesting reads on the subject; I hope they serve you well:
    * http://bit.ly/SVnt2P
    * http://exm.nr/T9nn6b
    * http://onforb.es/MQhEgN
    * http://bit.ly/T9noH7
    Dec 12, 2012. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gazprom Is A Steal [View article]
    That's why the company has been punished and lost 30% of its value in these past two years - but this is going to be balanced by more supplies to asian countries and increasing prices at home and FSU countries where it has nearly a monopoly.
    Dec 12, 2012. 01:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe: Never So Cheap Since 1983 [View article]
    Where did you get them from? Europe is here to stay, I don't see any break up anytime soon - moreover the financial crisis seems to be easing
    Nov 30, 2012. 05:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Interestingly Valued Company With A Good Dividend Track Record [View article]
    I didn't really look into that - for what I read it has suffered from declining revenues in the past quarters.
    Nov 29, 2012. 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bolloré Group: A Great Chance To Profit From The African Economy [View article]
    No, unfortunately I am not Buffett... I sold Bollorè months ago for a small profit and missed the huge price rise
    Nov 20, 2012. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take Advantage Of Market Folly And Buy Enel [View article]
    I though it was a bargain at € 2.85 ; I think it is a better bargain now at € 2.50 - in fact I added to my position around € 2.30 three weeks ago. I'm in for the long run, so I reckon the bad results from Endesa and Enel in Europe are temporary and will be compensated by the growth in Latin America in the next years.
    Aug 24, 2012. 11:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment