Understanding Businesses

View Understanding Businesses' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gentex Corp: Undervalued With Huge Potential [View article]
    They delayed the ruling again on Dec 31st. I haven't found any new information on it, and I've been looking for the past couple days.
    Jan 16 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    It's hard to say. I believe its still too early in the implementation stages to tell. The specific business segment including Volly hasn't even contributed $100 million in income yet, and has a long way to go before it substantially diversifies the company's product mix. The product has drawn interest though. There's an article on it here: http://on.mktw.net/Vhtoj3
    Jan 15 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    Interesting. I didn't think that was normally the case. I'll take a look at TEF. Thanks!
    Jan 15 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    With depreciation, I was arguing that it could be possible that some assets loss their value, mainly because some of those assets are postage meters. It is very plausible that these assets could become irrelevant and lose their value, but I also realize that property is also included in that depreciation. Thank you for pointing at my cash flow error. I do see my mistake, but was trying to emphasize how some of PBI's assets could lose their value (mainly their equipment).
    Jan 15 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    Actually, Moody's and S&P have PBI's debt one notch above speculative grade. At that point, it'll only take one slip up for them change their minds. Also, asset's such as postage meters can very well become worthless over time. Comparing Coke's formula or Disney's parks isn't nearly an adequate comparison. It is much easier to say your grandkids will be taking their grandkids to Disney World, and they'll also be drinking Coke. Can you say with confidence we'll be using Pitney-Bowe's postage meters in 50 years? I don't think so.
    Jan 15 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EZCorp Filled With Value [View article]
    Certain laws are passed in different municipalities that may have a negative effect on profits. It varies by areas, and hasn't affected earnings too much. Profits margins are up to 14.5% from 10.2% in 2007.
    Jan 15 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    I have taken into account the margin interest. The company's upcoming earnings should provide a better picture of its current position. Thank you for the comment!
    Jan 15 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    Yes, I agree the dividend would still be enticing if it was cut to 4%. What I'm trying to argue is that if it is cut, investor fear will drive the price down even further. Basically, I don't believe they have bottomed out yet.
    Jan 15 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    Thank you! Yes, it seems very true that the dividend is now hurting the company.
    Jan 15 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    Good approach! And plus I'd rather read slightly grammatical incorrect articles on less relevant companies, rather than 7 different grammatically flawless articles on Apple a day.
    Jan 15 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    He may be able to change the company around, but in those scenarios I like to refer to this quote by Warren Buffett, "
    When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact". I just believe they're in a declining business, and management will have an extremely difficult time turning things around.
    Jan 15 09:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    The company may have a good 2013, but my argument is focused more long-term. I believe eventually its large cash outflows will catch up to it.
    Jan 15 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    I would have to agree. The company could add substantial value if it cut the dividend, and used that money to get rid of some of its debt. On the other hand, I believe there is very little chance the company will be able to keep paying that large dividend for 8 years at its current income level.
    Jan 15 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EZCorp Filled With Value [View article]
    I don't believe he would either. I was just saying it isn't completely out of the question.
    Jan 15 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes Is A Ticking Time Bomb [View article]
    Hypothetically, if they did largely cut their dividend and began investing more in themselves, I might be more interested. The reason I'm short is because I believe there little to no chance they do so until they run out of the necessary capital at the last second. When they do, I believe investors' pessismism will increase even more, they will begin to realize there's many more problems with the company, and that will lower the price even more. At that point, when the company is forced to reconsider their finances, that may cause me to change my mind. In brief, I'm short because I feel there's a large possibility that the aforementioned event will happen soon.
    Jan 15 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment