Understanding Businesses

View Understanding Businesses' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • EZCorp Filled With Value [View article]
    Thank you! I believe the value of all their acquisitions will catch up to them in the long-term. The Latin-American market also has yet to be fully tapped, and EZCorp is in an excellent position to do so. I think analyst's will begin to lower their estimates after the company's past misses, and eventually EZCorp will beat them. Only time will tell.
    Jan 14 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    I'm quite happy about the gain too. Unfortunately Coach tends to be very volatile, and can drop down 4% another day. Let's hope earnings gives them a good boost.
    Jan 14 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes: A Good Bet For 2013 [View article]
    Here's the quote from the 10-K, "During the year, we entered into a series of settlements with the IRS in connection with its examinations of our tax years 2001-2008 under which we agreed upon both the tax treatment of a number of disputed issues, including issues related to our Capital Services business that was sold in 2006, and revised tax calculations. As a result of these settlements, we recognized tax benefits of $90 million in income from continuing operations and $264 million in discontinued operations. Our additional liability for tax and interest arising from the 2001-2008 IRS examinations was approximately $400 million, which was previously paid through the purchase of tax bonds."
    Jan 13 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    I sure hope so! It's hard to judge an investment on a monthly basis, but I believe Coach's stock price will increase over the upcoming years.
    Jan 11 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    It seems like it so far. Sales for the mens segment has doubled from $200 million last year, to $400 million this year.
    Jan 9 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    I believe it will also. Todays jump in retail certainly helped. I am interested into listening to their next earnings caall.
    Jan 8 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    I can see your concern with Coach. Although you may not fully believe in Coach's international prospects, I believe management's success over the years separates Coach from its competition. Their ability to keep the company growing, even through a recession makes me feel much more comfortable with my investment in the future. I appreciate your opinions though. Many users don't usually critique my investment thesis', so I appreciate your alternative view. I will do more research on Coach's factory outlets when get more free time.
    Jan 8 07:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    The mens line consists of primary items such as wallets or briefcases.
    Jan 8 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: Undervalued And Growing Rapidly [View article]
    Yes, I definitely agree. The company has grown very successfully over the past 71 years and has the right management in place to continue to do so.
    Jan 8 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's 1 Serious Problem [View article]
    Most likely a similar Pay-per-Click basis.
    Jan 4 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's 1 Serious Problem [View article]
    Yes, they are trying to slowly move over, but they haven't done very much yet with improving their third-party ad program. The ads may be more relevant, but that won't exactly stop the fraudulent clicks.
    Jan 4 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's 1 Serious Problem [View article]
    I've also heard of those ad blocking programs. I think it'll be very difficult for Google to counteract programs like that, especially with millions of internet users trying to find different ways to hide those ads. It'll only get more difficult as younger generations begin to get more tech-savvy.
    Jan 4 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's 1 Serious Problem [View article]
    Exactly! I believe Google's third-party advertising isn't a sustantial business model. More exposure doesn't guaruntee more sales!
    Jan 4 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gentex Corp: Undervalued With Huge Potential [View article]
    They have many patents that they can hopefully translate into new products in the future. With company's past record of innovation excellence, I only see good things for the future.
    Jan 3 05:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gentex Corp: Undervalued With Huge Potential [View article]
    I am also surprised the bill was delayed again even with the President's reelection. It would make sense that the government was very occupied with the fiscal cliff. Gentex may have also had high expectations that the bill would be passed(and orders would start flying in), and therefore increased their inventory on that speculation.
    Jan 3 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment