Value Digger

View Value Digger's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Oil Markets: Sentiment And Lame Thinking Are Currently In The Driver's Seat [View article]
    Lakeaffect,

This is what I have been saying about the oil price:

" In other words, I am a strong believer that BRENT is not going to stay below $75/barrel for long, and the dubious Thomas are welcome to read the facts that will propel Brent higher than its current levels by early 2015."

Apparently, you missed it and you posted what YOU think I have been saying about the oil price.

Dec 20, 2014. 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bettheranch, I do not use my instincts when I invest. The profitable investments are a result of knowledge, not a result of instincts, in my opinion.

Dec 19, 2014. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Will Definitely Cheat On Storm Resources With Its Natural Gas Weighted Peers [View article]
    Good catch, Jion. Yes, that was a very good transaction for QXP's fundamentals.

Dec 19, 2014. 08:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Duago,

Thank you for your kind words. But, do not let the margin calls and the ongoing tax loss selling in the energy sector cloud your judgement. And please also keep in mind that a fall that lasts a couple of months is not a fundamentally-driven fall.

This article is not for day traders either, so if you judge me now, you just judge too quickly. As noted in the subject article, you are welcome to judge my call by the end of H1 2015 or the summer of 2015 (the latest).

Dec 18, 2014. 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ben,

Thank you for your kind words.

In terms of your question about the central point of reference, OPEC's reports give you a rough estimate but they are not accurate. This is why, Kuwait's oil minister stated just a few days ago that the extent of the surplus was not clear. Asked about the size of the overhang in the market, he replied: "We do not know how big it is."

In other words, the direct participants in the oil markets who make their living by selling oil for decades now, do not know the extent of the surplus. Also, Kuwait's oil minister believes it will be absorbed very soon, which implies that there is not such a huge surplus that can justify a steep slump in the oil price in just 4 months.

Nevertheless, many media parrots who see oil only when they pump gasoline into their vehicles, have made the investors think that this unprecedented slump in the oil price is fundamentally-driven, pushing the sheeple to the slaughter, as usual.

Dec 16, 2014. 08:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gigem,

Thank you for this material information about Libya.

Nevertheless, the big media/opinion makers have decided to NOT post this material information about Libya thus far. Actually, they have been ignoring all the geopolitical risks over the last 3 months. Instead, they have been posting lame estimates and unsubstantiated glut concerns.

Libya's latest material news coupled with my link above regarding the decline in North Dakota's oil production in October 2014, will be disseminated through the media (CNBC, Reuters etc.) only when the time is right....

Dec 14, 2014. 04:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Lawrence, thank you for your kind words. Regards, VD
    Dec 14, 2014. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    frogmaier,

Balancing your 1-2 months picks with your 3-12 months picks is great because you can maximize your returns this way.

Nevertheless, the scope of this article is to demonstrate the double speaks in the oil markets along with the facts that can impact the masses and make them go to extremes.

And based on these facts, this unprecedented disruption in the oil market along with the oil slump since September 2014 have nothing to do with a huge fundamental change in the supply/demand dynamics.

Please see also this:

" North Dakota announced on Friday that oil production in October declined by about 4,000 barrels per day to 1.18 million daily barrels compared with September, the first decline in eight months. Drilling for new wells also declined and is expected to decline even more in 2015. "

If you are surprised and you wonder where I unearthed it, please see the link below:

Did you see it anywhere online (i.e. CNBC, Reuters, Yahoo etc.)? Of course not.

And we talk for a decline in October 2014 when WTI was much higher than today.

Can you imagine what is going to happen when the November 2014 and December 2014 numbers are announced by North Dakota's officials?

But again, none of the big media (i.e. CNBC, Reuters etc.) covering the oil news daily have posted this material information thus far, maintaining the investors' bearish sentiment.

After all, is there an agenda behind this coordinated media effort during the last 3 months ? Well, this is just your food for thought.

Dec 14, 2014. 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Lakeaffect,

First, you compare apples to oranges. The factors and parameters that determine the oil price are different from those behind nat gas pricing. I will not deepen on that because it is beyond the scope of the article.

Second, natural gas was at $2/MMbtu in H1 2012, and it was much higher by the end of 2012. It remained much higher than $2/MMbtu during 2013. Also, it hit $6.5/MMbtu in H1 2014. And it stands at ~$4/MMbtu today. Therefore, I see a big increase compared to the 2012 levels.
    I wonder why you do not see it and which chart you are looking at.

Dec 14, 2014. 08:04 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia Corporation: Has George Soros Arrived Too Late To The Party ? [View article]
    Chandrasekhar,

PVA has experienced one of the biggest declines among all the energy stocks, given that it plunged from $16.5 to $4.5 per share.

Hope you read the subject article back in April 2014 that helped you save a significant amount of money.

Right now at $4.8 per share, PVA is not my cup of tea. Given the drop of all the energy stocks, I currently recommend much cheaper companies with much stronger balance sheets than PVA's to the subscribers of my newsletter below:

Dec 13, 2014. 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rknigh2,

The placement at C$0.42 per share is very good news for QXP and another strong indication of QXP's gross undervaluation compared to the peers.

Dec 12, 2014. 09:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Petroamerica Oil: Welcome To The Cheapest Oil Producer Worldwide (Part 2) [View article]
    Munger Fan,

I have contacted Suroco's executives and PTA's executives more than once, because I bought Suroco Energy at C$0.28 - C$0.29 in H1 2014 before its acquisition by PTA.

I have a very good impression about them, but the quarterly reports speak volumes too. The quarterly reports reflect the fact that they know their stuff very well. And the quarterly report matters more than my impression about these executives.

Dec 11, 2014. 04:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GrowthGeek,

Thank you for your comment. We both made it clear that there was nothing "overly aggressive or defensive" in our posts, and this matters most, I think.

Thank you also for your kind words. I am an author who will always stand behind his calls, as long as the fundamentals are there. My picks are not for day traders, and my investment horizon is between 8-12 months.

Last but not least, good luck with your investments and I wish you to jump aboard some quality energy stocks at the right time in order to be handsomely rewarded by the end of 2015.

Dec 11, 2014. 04:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will CAMAC Energy's Bears Continue Laughing All The Way To The Bank? [View article]
    Rufiji,

Thank you for the insightful comment. As I noted in my previous comment, CAK will most likely miss again its recently updated production estimates for December 2014.

In terms of the company's production in Q1 2015, we will see. A new delay is not out of the question. Meanwhile, the company will be burning cash by Q1 2015 (the earliest), which means that the company's fundamental position deteriorates further.

Dec 11, 2014. 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, it can platonicbomb.
    Dec 10, 2014. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment