Vash Patel

View Vash Patel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Skullcandy: Poster Child For Short Investors? [View article]
    I think you're in the same boat as me and many others wondering what short investors are waiting for to cover. Sooner or later one of two things has to happen: shorts are right and SKUL wraps up their time as a company or they're extremely wrong and the covering should bring price up to an extremely overvalued price.
    Nov 23, 2012. 07:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy: Poster Child For Short Investors? [View article]
    I'm actually working on putting together a few spreads for SKUL for options investors. Keep an eye out for that article in the next few days. I think the options contracts are massively mispriced and it's just wrong not to take advantage if you're bullish.
    Nov 23, 2012. 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy: Poster Child For Short Investors? [View article]
    It's likely not an accounting issue since the CFO clarified why the cash conversion cycle is a little bit misleading. The problem, I think, lies in the fact that investors see their product as more of a fad than anything else. For those people, I'd say read up on the short history of Monster and how the shorts got slaughtered betting that energy drinks were a "fad".
    Nov 23, 2012. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy: Poster Child For Short Investors? [View article]
    I can definitely see a lot of growth in the European market though I'd be weary about expanding their line of products to clothing or anything outside of purely audio electronics. One of their strengths, in my opinion is that they're so focused. In fact, one of the reasons people may be shorting is because of their expansion into high end audio which may seem like they're losing focus because of sluggish sales. It's a difficult decision management will have to make sooner or later. Would it be best for the company to expand into different merchandise or stick with what they know?
    Nov 22, 2012. 06:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy: Poster Child For Short Investors? [View article]
    It's worrisome that the cash conversion cycle is increasing, however revenue growth is also increasing which leads us to believe that management's investments are providing proper returns. It's a fairly new company looking for fast growth so it's not unheard of for cash to remain tied up in investments for long periods. Overall, I'd consider it a small risk for the possible upside this stock holds in the long term but it's important to weigh the pros and cons against your own risk appetite.
    Nov 20, 2012. 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500 Most Heavily Shorted Stocks [View article]
    How about considering it on a company by company basis? For example I wouldn't buy First Solar because I don't see a bright future there (despite what others may say). On the other hand, I may look into JCP because I see this as just a hiccup and I think it could come back. Obviously, these are first impressions without looking into any other numbers, which is a must before buying in.
    Nov 13, 2012. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Payer Set To Take Control Of Cloud Computing Services [View article]
    I really appreciate the encouragement, and thank you for the follow!
    Oct 30, 2012. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    First of all, investing based on what the price does over a month is not the goal of this or any other article on Seeking Alpha. Second, if you HAD bought both Apple and Google when this article was published, you'd be down 9.5% on Apple and only 5.3% on Google.
    Oct 19, 2012. 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    I will admit the PEG is way off and I should have double checked that. However, when I say Apple is running out of fumes, I don't mean specifically iPhone sales. What I meant is what people are saying after using the iPhone 5. Reviews have been good by critics however there seem to be more and more flaws with each and every release. With the last iPhone, the antenna was the big issue. With 5, the big issue is maps and Siri. Siri is supposed to be one of the major selling points of the iPhone and to have a flaw in something so important is not something we're accustomed to seeing from Apple.
    Sep 28, 2012. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    As a lot of you have pointed out, the PEG I quoted from Nasdaq's website for Apple is, in fact, incorrect. The correct PEG is 0.69 which means Apple is the better buy for GROWTH investors based on fundamentals alone. I still stand my ground that Google is the better buy overall, however.
    Sep 28, 2012. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    I agree that the biggest flaw with Android is development for multiple platforms but if you compare Android phones from last year to the newer Android phones, you can tell the newer phones run the OS much smoother. The reason that iPhone tends to win in benchmarks, in my opinion is also because iOS is optimized for one platform.
    Sep 25, 2012. 05:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    The iPhone 5 is a great product if it had been from any other company. From Apple, people expect seamless and bug-free. Until now, bugs were few and far between in iOS and were fixed immediately. As far as I know, the maps issue has still not been addressed which means quality control is deteriorating (whether it's due to a new CEO or not can be argued). Most of my friends that own iPhones (which is most of my friends) have not yet updated to the new iOS because of this issue alone.

Until recently, the iPhone was a lot "smoother" than Android because of one key advantage: Apple is developing software for one specific set of hardware and can tweak it to work well. Google's Android was developed for multiple platforms with different hardware so it was difficult to get that same "smooth" feeling. If you've used some of the new Android phones, however, you can see that it's no longer an issue.
    Sep 24, 2012. 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    So think about market share like this: Apple, by itself, controlled 16% of the market in 2010 and 19% in 2011. Android, split among HTC, Samsung, LG, and a few other manufacturers, controlled 24% and 46% respectively.

Also, you talk about reviews but you're only selecting to hear good things about the iPhone. As far as speed is concerned, the Galaxy S3 has a quad-core 1.4 GHz CPU. Apple has not released details about CPU so anyone saying the iPhone is "faster" is essentially basing it on opinion. Both phones have 1 GB of RAM, so again, iPhone is NOT the clear winner here.

As far as software capabilities of the phone go, the iPhone most certainly does "lag" Android. It's no secret that Android is more open for developers. You call it a Frankenstein collage but when a layman consumer compares capabilities side by side, who wins? it's not about what's more ideal, it's about which one looks more valuable to the consumer. Until now, it's been the iPhone but that's quickly changing and the iOS debacle is simply a catalyst for that.
    Sep 24, 2012. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    I don't fully agree with you that Cook is inferior to Jobs but I do think the market sees him as less competent. As far as the dividend is concerned, I imagine with the excessive amounts of cash Apple was sitting on, investors would have started to get angry with no dividend.

On a different note, I DO think Apple is losing some fans with the latest iOS release.
    Sep 24, 2012. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    What's your reasoning behind shorting? Based on all proven valuations both Google and Apple are cheap. The only thing that would make them go downhill would be a decline in their revenues (which is possible, but the decline would be too slow to short).
    Sep 24, 2012. 11:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment