Vash Patel

View Vash Patel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    The PEG values I used are directly from Nasdaq's stock comparison tool. I can see how someone would choose Google or Apple based on fundamentals alone since both have their respective advantages. I rated it a tie because it comes down to what type of investor you are. Growth investors would put more weight on PEG, which means GOOG is the way to go. Dividend investors and value investors would put more weight on P/E and div yield, which would lead one to think AAPL is better. Neither is right or wrong!
    Sep 24, 2012. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    You're welcome. Make sure not to rely too much on analyst price targets, though!
    Sep 24, 2012. 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Vs. Google: Which Should You Invest In? [View article]
    I'm not sure that there's enough coming from R&D to sustain the rate of growth we've seen recently but there's no doubt in my mind that there will be growth nonetheless. Part of the reason there's been a large rally is because with the uncertainty of the entire market, people may be looking for secure large caps to move their investments to.
    Sep 24, 2012. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monster Energy - The Momo Train Is Letting Off Passengers, Time To Short [View article]
    I don't think marginally slowing growth is reason to short this stock. In fact, I'm bullish on this because their marketing techniques are flawless (built around extreme sports). I think the slowed growth is just a hiccup. Still, if you were bearish on the stock shorting is extremely risky. I'd prefer to use options to manage my risk.
    Sep 13, 2012. 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Cliffs Natural Resources: An Undervalued Dividend Stock [View article]
    If you plan on owning something for 5 or 10 years, it doesn't make sense to worry about seeing a dip, especially when it's the macro environment and not the company that is responsible for it. That said, I am actually bullish so your statement is correct.
    Sep 13, 2012. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Mark Zuckerberg Duped The Market [View article]
    I'm not sure I see a huge rally coming. 20 million new users barely makes a dent in Facebook's already massive user base. You also have to consider most Instagram users are mobile users which means that Facebook is adding 20 million users who will not increase revenue in any way!
    Sep 12, 2012. 10:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Mark Zuckerberg Duped The Market [View article]
    Hype is exactly what it is right now. As more shares unlock, they have a two-fold negative impact. They're diluting current shareholder equity as well as opening up the market to more people who have been waiting to sell.
    Sep 12, 2012. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Mark Zuckerberg Duped The Market [View article]
    The acquisition of new users through Instagram is a one-time thing. They won't be able to replicate anything like that again, at least not as a way to maintain growth.

They keep saying they are "on track" to make more money on mobile but nothing solid has been released about HOW they plan on doing so. If they can figure it out, there's a large market to capture, I just don't think they're anywhere near the solution yet though.
    Sep 12, 2012. 09:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: 2 Options Strategies For This Dividend Bull [View article]
    I'm not sure what you're asking but if you look at the graphs, you can see how each option effects your profits. Below $10, the short put makes you loss money but the long put along with the long call compensate for it so that your maximum losses are capped at about $1250 per spread (assuming you were talking about the second spread).
    Sep 10, 2012. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: Solid Fundamentals With 13% Dividend [View article]
    What did you use to help you decide to go long?
    Sep 10, 2012. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: Solid Fundamentals With 13% Dividend [View article]
    I meant to say revenue per employee is NOT always a perfect metric. Sorry for the typo!
    Sep 10, 2012. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    I can't really tell you what would be a good strategy for you because that's something only you can answer. I can provide you with different strategies and tell you the pros and cons but it's up to you to decide how risk averse you are (or aren't). Since you've been going long on the stock, a common strategy is to use simple put options for downside protection should there be a huge sell-off.

If it were me, I'd just hold on to the stock for a few years. I have no reason to think that when we get out of the economic slump we're in this won't go back up to $100.
    Sep 5, 2012. 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I'm not sure how using an incorrect term (which still gets the point across) makes the analysis any less valid.
    Sep 4, 2012. 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I urge you to read the entire article before commenting. Immediately after the sentence you quoted, I wrote:
    "While there are higher end headphones out there for audiophiles that are more expensive than both Beats and Skullcandy (think Segio, Klipsch, and Shure), they're not marketed towards the general population."
    Sep 4, 2012. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    Analyst reports are great to determine if you want to start researching a company or not but I don't put much weight on their recommendation. I am long plenty of positions that they recommend as a sell. Seems like you understand that though.
    Aug 31, 2012. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment