Vash Patel

View Vash Patel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    The idea is to get into the strategy just in case this IS the bottom. Think about it this way: if you're in it for the long term, your entry point doesn't matter as much as it would if you're thinking short-term. If you are able to get in now and hold for 5+ years, it won't matter that the price dipped down to $30. You'd be cutting into your profits slightly but that's a risk you'll take either way. What if you choose to wait and this is the bottom? If there's a rally up to $40 and that's when you decide to get in, you'll still be cutting into your profits. In the end it's your prerogative to weigh the pros and cons but I don't see CLF moving much lower, nor do I see a dividend cut.
    Aug 31 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    I have not tried them on my live account because I am long CLF in that (I mentioned this strategy was only for those who didn't like the idea of going long on the stock, which I still think is the best strategy). I've tried the option strategy in my virtual account with the same broker which works just as a live account.
    Aug 31 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    Techincals are not very clear at all. The only sell signal I see is that the price is trading below my EMA lines. The RSI shows oversold and the MACD is converging with the signal. I don't consider something a bottom or a top unless all the signals match up and in this case, they don't.
    Aug 31 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I'd wait until it cools down a bit now. It seems this article along with the two others that were published after it have led to an artificial rally. Should retrace after some time.
    Aug 29 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I agree completely. I don't think the shorts are doing their homework and it may end up haunting them big time.
    Aug 27 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I was looking for a long term investment but as long as you made a profit, I'm happy.
    Aug 27 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    Awesome, glad you made a profit.
    Aug 27 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    No problem! I can definitely see it hitting $20 really fast but $33 might take a while and a short squeeze alone probably wouldn't take it that far up.
    Aug 27 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I haven't done much research on ZAGG so it may not be my place to comment but I think it's actually overvalued just based on their products. I don't think it's something that's going to do well in the long term.
    Aug 27 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Cliffs Natural Resources: An Undervalued Dividend Stock [View article]
    Completely agree. I don't think anyone is predicting a doomsday for the industry, though. I think they're just failing to look past the slow economic growth for long term potential.
    Aug 21 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks! I'm just surprised at how little time finance majors I know spend researching and learning their craft. By the way, I'm a senior :)
    Aug 20 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, if you enjoyed the article, why don't you follow me :)
    Aug 20 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A high beta may have scared a lot of investors into selling to cut their losses. Personally, I don't mind the swings. I don't think most investors like you and I who are looking forward 10 or even 15 yrs mind too much.
    Aug 20 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hope you make an awesome return on it!
    Aug 20 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Could you point me to where you found the 30%? That's a huge difference from what I quoted and I'd like to edit that if you found a more recent statistic than me.
    Aug 20 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment