Vash Patel

View Vash Patel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    The idea is to get into the strategy just in case this IS the bottom. Think about it this way: if you're in it for the long term, your entry point doesn't matter as much as it would if you're thinking short-term. If you are able to get in now and hold for 5+ years, it won't matter that the price dipped down to $30. You'd be cutting into your profits slightly but that's a risk you'll take either way. What if you choose to wait and this is the bottom? If there's a rally up to $40 and that's when you decide to get in, you'll still be cutting into your profits. In the end it's your prerogative to weigh the pros and cons but I don't see CLF moving much lower, nor do I see a dividend cut.
    Aug 31, 2012. 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    I have not tried them on my live account because I am long CLF in that (I mentioned this strategy was only for those who didn't like the idea of going long on the stock, which I still think is the best strategy). I've tried the option strategy in my virtual account with the same broker which works just as a live account.
    Aug 31, 2012. 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies For The Cliffs Natural Resources Bull [View article]
    Techincals are not very clear at all. The only sell signal I see is that the price is trading below my EMA lines. The RSI shows oversold and the MACD is converging with the signal. I don't consider something a bottom or a top unless all the signals match up and in this case, they don't.
    Aug 31, 2012. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I'd wait until it cools down a bit now. It seems this article along with the two others that were published after it have led to an artificial rally. Should retrace after some time.
    Aug 29, 2012. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I agree completely. I don't think the shorts are doing their homework and it may end up haunting them big time.
    Aug 27, 2012. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I was looking for a long term investment but as long as you made a profit, I'm happy.
    Aug 27, 2012. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    Awesome, glad you made a profit.
    Aug 27, 2012. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    No problem! I can definitely see it hitting $20 really fast but $33 might take a while and a short squeeze alone probably wouldn't take it that far up.
    Aug 27, 2012. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Impending For Skullcandy [View article]
    I haven't done much research on ZAGG so it may not be my place to comment but I think it's actually overvalued just based on their products. I don't think it's something that's going to do well in the long term.
    Aug 27, 2012. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Cliffs Natural Resources: An Undervalued Dividend Stock [View article]
    Completely agree. I don't think anyone is predicting a doomsday for the industry, though. I think they're just failing to look past the slow economic growth for long term potential.
    Aug 21, 2012. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks! I'm just surprised at how little time finance majors I know spend researching and learning their craft. By the way, I'm a senior :)
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, if you enjoyed the article, why don't you follow me :)
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A high beta may have scared a lot of investors into selling to cut their losses. Personally, I don't mind the swings. I don't think most investors like you and I who are looking forward 10 or even 15 yrs mind too much.
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hope you make an awesome return on it!
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Could you point me to where you found the 30%? That's a huge difference from what I quoted and I'd like to edit that if you found a more recent statistic than me.
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment