Vash Patel

View Vash Patel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Time To Buy Cliffs Natural Resources: An Undervalued Dividend Stock [View article]
    I'd like to add it at a lower price but I tend to look at technicals to find bottoms and it's just not ideal for this stock. That said, I'd rather invest at $45 and see a rally up to $70 in the future rather than looking for a $30 bottom and having to buy in late if I don't see it.

It's just a matter of preference and your appetite for risk but your viewpoint is completely valid.
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The economy has never not recovered. It can take longer after some downturns than others but over the longer there's always an upwards trend. The goal is to find stocks that have been beaten up more than they should be because of the economy and make sure they have solid footing to make a comeback when the economy DOES recover, which it will over a period of years (5-10 yrs).
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You've clearly done your research and your comment would make for a great counter-argument article but there are some things I'd like to point out. A while back there was an SA article that was about how commodity prices don't typically have an effect on stock price. Iron price may have gone down but revenue has increased significantly in the past quarter so clearly management is making the right moves to deal with the economic environment.

Like any type of investing, there's always two sides to the coin and only one can be right so we shall see. However, I want to clarify that this is a stock I'm expecting to pay off in the long run--seven to ten years down the line. I'm not expecting to double my money next year.
    Aug 20, 2012. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IRSA Investments and Representations: The High-Yield Small Cap You've Never Heard Of [View article]
    I didn't look into that before writing the article but now that I did some research it looks like George Sorros' was an early investor and got rid of most of his stake in the 90s.
    Aug 20, 2012. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I look forward to that. The lower I can pick it up for the better.
    Aug 20, 2012. 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks! If you like my articles, why not follow me?
    Aug 20, 2012. 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I actually picked it up at $50 so I've already seen some loss but nothing that worries me. I don't see why this wouldn't be at $100 once the economy becomes more stable, especially considering they're on track with emerging market expansion.
    Aug 20, 2012. 11:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I may look to average down if it moves lower also. I love this deal.
    Aug 20, 2012. 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree it may go lower but the reason I side on buying early is that if we're wrong and there's a macroeconomic rally (since some indicators around SA are pointing that way) we stand to make a hefty profit from current levels. If we wait for the absolute bottom and it turns out this is it, you may miss your chance to get in. Based on the revenue vs price chart over 10 years, it seems the market prices in revenue before earnings dates.
    Aug 20, 2012. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CNO Financial: A Stock With 120% Upside [View article]
    Thanks! If you like this article, why don't you follow me so you can keep track of my new ideas?
    Aug 20, 2012. 12:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    Great article Russell. Working on any new options strategies for these stocks?
    Aug 20, 2012. 12:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 6 Most Popular Stocks Owned By Congress [View article]
    Food for thought. Appreciate the conversation!
    Aug 18, 2012. 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CNO Financial: A Stock With 120% Upside [View article]
    This article sums up RDCF pretty well: http://bit.ly/SBigZS
    It's a valuation method that attempts to determine what type of growth the market expects from a stock to justify it's current share price.
    Aug 18, 2012. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Research In Motion Options Strategy For BlackBerry 10 Release [View article]
    I don't particularly like Options trading. I like the idea of buying options as an investment if I think the price is headed a certain direction. I think of trading options away before expiry as more of a stop-loss for options.
    Aug 18, 2012. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 6 Most Popular Stocks Owned By Congress [View article]
    Dag, I understand that it can be frustrating and I don't particularly blame you or anyone else for wanting things to change. What I meant to say is that I'd rather spend the time and effort into growing my capital and giving away a small percentage of it rather than risking little or no growth while I fight for fairness. I'm not saying you can't do both but it may be tough to be a political activist and an investor (especially if you have a day job on the side like most people).

It's safe to say neither one of us is wrong, it just comes down to your philosophy on government and it looks like I'm more of a pessimist (or you're more of an optimist) in that category!
    Aug 17, 2012. 11:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment