Vash Patel

View Vash Patel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    I like that idea. I haven't played with calender spreads much but I'll have to look into that with one of my next few articles. What type of calender spread would you go with if you were looking into opening a Facebook position today?
    Aug 13 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    That's a sense of humor, not immaturity.
    Aug 13 01:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google: A Short-Term Options Play Based On Fundamentals And Technicals [View article]
    According to the average joe, these days it seems any market trade that doesn't involve putting your money under a mattress is ballsy!
    Aug 12 09:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    More reward for more risk. It's not a guarantee that we're heading off the cliff, but if we do you better believe it's guaranteed that the market will eventually come back to current levels.
    Aug 12 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Honestly, I'd love to see a crash. I know that seems crude to say but for new investors, nothing provides a good entry point like a crash. I'm still young, it'd be a great time to load up.
    Aug 12 09:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm surprised you're saying everyone is bullish. Everything I see these days is bearish and talking about double dip recession and financial cliff.
    Aug 12 08:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    I don't see a pre-election rally either but it wouldn't surprise me in the least and I wanted to be sure to outline all the risks. Bernanke and company would want Obama back in office and he'll do everything in his power to make sure that happens, which may mean something to boost short term markets (whether QE will provide that boost or not is another topic of discussion).

As for 2000, I was 9 years old :).
    Aug 12 05:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sure thing. Are you planning on using a larger spread between strike prices also?
    Aug 12 05:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 5 Insider Buys Filed On August 10 [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Typically forget to checkup on what companies have the largest insider buying going on so it helps to see an article every now and then about it.
    Aug 12 01:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Stocks Trading Around $3 That Could Be Poised To Double [View article]
    Enjoyed the article. The only thing I'd disagree with is Pizza Inn. Before delving into numbers the biggest thing I look at for a company is how well it seems to be performing to the naked eye. From what I've seen Pizza Inn seems to be closing older locations same store sales look to be down since traffic seems to have decreased. Of course none of this is backed by solid numbers, just conjecture based on what I see at physical stores I've been going to for years. Nice to see a different perspective though!
    Aug 12 01:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    Read everything you can find and start small. Figure out what amount of money you'd be willing to completely part with just to learn about the market and then dive in with that.
    Aug 12 01:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    Thanks to Glenn and Iron Hamster for the encouragement. I write these articles because it helps me wrap my head around everything I talk about. No better way to learn than to do.
    Aug 12 12:59 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    I completely agree a few successes can and will lead to a big head. That's actually how I started. I began with binary option trading and ended up making a pretty good return on my first few trades. Luckily I withdraw the money I initially invested before I got killed about a week later. In my opinion, it was a good experience. No better way to learn the risks than find yourself on the wrong side of the consequences.

Hopefully when someone loses a ton of money, it's money they can afford to lose, but that's their responsibility!
    Aug 12 12:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    Good commentary. I do agree that everyone should do their own homework but I think articles like this help more so than reading books. For example, I learned everthing I know about options simply by reading similar articles and then playing with the spreads. While it's not necessary to put real money at risk to do so, I think the only way to LEARN is to play with the options with something like a demo account. This article and others (that are similar) are just giving people a place to start.

Appreciate the thoughtful comment!
    Aug 11 05:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Facebook For Bears [View article]
    I couldn't even tell what remurraymd was trying to say. I skip comments that don't seem to be in plain english. Thanks for the clarification.
    Aug 11 05:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment