Vegas Ben

View Vegas Ben's Comments BY TICKER:
  • One can safely add Amazon Web Services (AMZN) price cuts to life's short list of certainties. A few months after cutting storage prices for its popular S3 storage service by 24%-27%, AWS has cut S3 data retrieval prices by up to 60%. AWS has also been busy slashing prices for its EC2 computing service, DynamoDB database service, and much else, as it tries to maintain a pricing edge relative to Rackspace (RAX), Microsoft, Google, and others. Rackspace introduced cloud storage volume discounts last month. [View news story]
    Can you explain that? Do they not have to buy servers, internet access, IT support, electricity, etc?
    Apr 3, 2013. 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Zynga? [View article]
    They've done nothing since last earnings! Everybody knows that! Apple completely sucks right now!!! What better time to buy than when a great company is priced for failure? Apple should be trading at $500+ per share.
    Apr 3, 2013. 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Zynga? [View article]
    You're right that it was a steal at the low $3s, but I don't think it was unreasonable to think it would drop under $3. It worked for me last time when it dropped under $3 on February 21st and I was out a few days later for huge gains. Apple is also steal at its current levels, and earnings are coming up in a couple of weeks, so I opted to add to my Apple position instead.
    Apr 3, 2013. 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Zynga? [View article]
    I missed the jump. Another 6 cents down and I would've been in.
    Apr 3, 2013. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Zynga? [View article]
    I'm still holding out for the $2.90 to $3.00 range.
    Apr 1, 2013. 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on BlackBerry (BBRY) FQ4 earnings: Co-founder Mike Lazaridis is retiring from the company, effective May 1. Company shipped 6M smartphones in Q4, including about 1M BB10 units. Maybe the most fascinating news: The firm sold 370K Playbooks. Shares +9.2% premarket. (PR[View news story]
    This is what I woke up at 6:00am for? I'm going back to sleep...
    Mar 28, 2013. 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Is Set For Thursday [View article]
    I don't know about Canada, but a CEO in the U.S. would be in serious trouble for saying something like that if it wasn't true.
    Mar 26, 2013. 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Is Set For Thursday [View article]
    Yes, that helps! Thank you very much!
    Mar 26, 2013. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Is Set For Thursday [View article]
    Can someone explain the poison pill to me? How does it prevent a hostile takeover?
    Mar 26, 2013. 02:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BlackBerry A Buyout Candidate? [View article]
    i7up2001, that is much more promising information than the Amazon listings!!! I'm glad to see that!
    Mar 26, 2013. 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BlackBerry A Buyout Candidate? [View article]
    What truthfirst posted is complete nonsense! Do you guys believe this statement: "top ten most sold unlocked cel phone in Amazon history"?
    Mar 25, 2013. 09:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BlackBerry A Buyout Candidate? [View article]
    Please stop using so many big words! Me no understand!!!!
    Mar 25, 2013. 08:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BlackBerry A Buyout Candidate? [View article]
    allstar0088, the point is that you are looking at listings by SurgeTelecom, whoever that is, through Amazon and not by Amazon. I'd be surprised if they sold more than a couple of dozen Z10s, which is incredibly insignificant. If you want to see what Amazon is actually selling, you need to look at the AmazonWireless page, where the phone is ranked 54th!!!! I'm long on BBRY, but stop pretending like the Z10 is a huge hit, and be happy that they finally got a BB10 phone released after tons of struggling.
    Mar 25, 2013. 08:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BlackBerry A Buyout Candidate? [View article]
    Scratch that! It appears to have dropped to 55th!
    Mar 25, 2013. 07:06 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BlackBerry A Buyout Candidate? [View article]
    On AmazonWireless.com, it is ranked 54th. I believe the Amazon.com rankings are only 3rd party companies selling through the Amazon marketplace. For the real sells, look at AmazonWireless.
    Mar 25, 2013. 06:56 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment