Vegas Ben

View Vegas Ben's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Boston Beer: Buy The Beer, Sell The Stock [View article]
    I rode SAM from around $90 to $150. I was a huge bull on SAM, and it went up faster than I ever imagined, so I took most of my money out. I left some shares in my daughter's education account, where I expect it to grow quite nicely over the next 17 years, but for the short term, I don't expect much out of it.
    Mar 11 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Buy Apple Now [View article]
    It was trending upward when it hit $700 per share... enough said!
    Mar 11 12:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Apple [View article]
    Yikes! Good catch! The 2009 max is actually $188.90.
    Mar 7 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Apple [View article]
    Actually, the city analyst reduced the target to $480.
    Mar 7 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Worth $265 [View article]
    Oops, their guidance is $2-4 Billion in increased sales, not $1-3Billion, as I wrote when I responded too quickly.
    Mar 6 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Worth $265 [View article]
    Antonio, Apple has guidance for $41-$43 Billion in sales for Q2, which is an increase of $1 to $3 Billion for Q2/Q2, and their estimates are likely to be on the conservative side. How is it that you know more about Apple stock than the CFO of Apple?
    Mar 6 05:15 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Apple [View article]
    madhuriD,
    Cash to market cap is not useful by itself, which is why I stressed the importance of the EV(Enterprise Value)-to-earnings ratios in this article.
    Mar 6 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Secret Weapon Will Yield All-Time Highs [View article]
    You should read it and then say, "don't buy Apple calls when the stock price is at $700."
    Mar 6 04:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Secret Weapon Will Yield All-Time Highs [View article]
    It is likely that you'd still be able to see what time it is, even if you can't do anything else when the juice is used up. There could be a secondary battery (possibly rechargeable) that is only used to display the clock, similar to normal watches.
    Mar 6 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney Showcases Apple's iWatch Potential [View article]
    Ha! I haven't been to Disneyland in some time, but it sounds similar to self-check out at grocery stores. 1 employee and 4 machines can take the same place as 4 employees, assuming that the machines cooperate, and Apple is one of the best in terms of reliability.
    Mar 6 02:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Secret Weapon Will Yield All-Time Highs [View article]
    I love this article, which shows the iWatch as both a watch and an exercise device, like Fitbit, which would make it trendy, as opposed to the nerdy calculator/radio watches of the 90s.
    Mar 6 01:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Apple [View article]
    I did indeed read the transcript.
    Q2 of 2012 had extraordinarily good results, but my projections are based on annualized Q1 2013 results with adjustments for the weaker Q2, Q3, and Q4 seasons. We already made $13,078M, so in order to reach the $44,445M earnings, we only need on average $10,455M for each of the remaining 3 quarters. I didn't see them specifically point out earnings guidance, but based on my math on their revenue and margins guidance, I'm seeing a possible range of $9.35B to $10.54B. Based on previous conservative guidance from Apple, results will likely be towards the higher end, which is in line with my projections.
    The Q2 2013 results will be incredibly important to the share price, and I look forward to seeing them!
    Mar 6 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Apple [View article]
    You are correct, lotaKnowBetter! Sorry for the mistake.
    Mar 6 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Already (Essentially) A Private Company [View article]
    Growing revenue and earnings shows me that they care!
    Mar 5 06:30 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Already (Essentially) A Private Company [View article]
    Why? Unless you are getting ready to sell your shares, then why should he prop up the price for you? If you are getting ready to sell your shares, then why should he care about you?
    Mar 5 05:34 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment