Vegas Ben

View Vegas Ben's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: Already (Essentially) A Private Company [View article]
    The best thing a company can do for a stock holder is to concentrate on long term revenue and earnings growth, and ignore the stock price, except when the stock is low, then buy buy buy!
    Mar 5, 2013. 04:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Has Little Left To Lose [View article]
    Your sales estimates seem absurd to me! 1Q beat Y/Y by over $8 Billion with 1 less week, and you think 2013 sales will only beat 2012 sales by $2 Billion?
    Mar 4, 2013. 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After-hours top gainers, as of 5:15 p.m.: OUTD +13%. AVD +8%. ITMN +7%. JAKK +7%. GTI +6%.
    After-hours top losers: CRIS -13%. BPZ -10%. AFCE -8%. CRM -7%. MKTG -7%[View news story]
    CRM sold at yesterday's closing price? That has got to be a fluke!
    How many shares was it? 1?
    Mar 1, 2013. 05:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4-Year Stock Optimist Turns Negative - 4 Signs Market Is On Thin Ice [View article]
    I agree! It looks like a 7-day hiccup to me with a lot of mixed stocks. Maybe this year won't be as lucrative as last year, but I don't see any reason to sit on the sideline, especially when you have to consider inflation.
    Mar 1, 2013. 05:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'd prefer to roll the dice than to watch someone else do it. I appreciate the advice, but I'm going to continue to buy undervalued stocks and sell/short-sell over-valued stocks. I'm still young, so I'm looking for solid Y/Y growth, and I'm willing to take risks. 0% gains just aren't good enough for me!
    Feb 28, 2013. 08:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Dell At $14 [View article]
    What's the potential timeline look like? How long would our funds be tied up if the deal does get rejected?
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn (2013) Vs. Amazon (1999) [View article]
    I'll be retired by the time they make that much money! Those March 1 puts are looking fabulous!
    Feb 27, 2013. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • "High above the Alps my Gnome is hearing a rumor that Apple will announce a stock split at tomorrow's shareholder meeting," tweets Doug Kass. The rumor has led Apple (AAPL +1%) shares to spike higher. Update (2:24 PM): Kass is using the post-rumor spike to sell part of his trading position in Apple. [View news story]
    AAPL started spiking 8 minutes before his tweet. Find somebody else to blame!
    Feb 26, 2013. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It is more likely that it is a rumor about speculation!
    Feb 26, 2013. 03:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    A split seems irrelevant to me! I'm guessing somebody with a lot of financial power saw the ridiculously low price of Apple and saw a great opportunity to jump at a discount!
    Feb 26, 2013. 02:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Dell At $14 [View article]
    Thanks for the info! I like this idea. I'm starting from the sideline, and I just jumped in head first!
    Feb 25, 2013. 03:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn (2013) Vs. Amazon (1999) [View article]
    Thank you James! I appreciate the feedback from you and everyone else, even if I haven't specifically responded to them.

I understand the huge demands in staffing and recruiting, but I don't see LinkedIn as a recruiter, but instead I see LinkedIn is a tool for recruiters to use, which means that they would only get a percentage of the entire recruitment industry. If you have some additional insight about how LinkedIn can replace human recruiters, then I would very much like to hear about it.
    Feb 24, 2013. 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn (2013) Vs. Amazon (1999) [View article]
    At least modern day AMZN has a reasonable P/S ratio of 1.98. The LNKD P/S of 17.5 makes me think fund managers have been looking at the P/S and thinking it is the P/E.
    Feb 22, 2013. 04:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn (2013) Vs. Amazon (1999) [View article]
    At least NFLX and modern day AMZN have more realistic P/S ratios. NFLX has a P/S of 2.9 and AMZN currently has a P/S of 1.98. That is nothing compared to the social media champions. FB has a P/S of 12.77, and even after dropping from its high of 18.2 on Wednesday, LNKD still has a ridiculous 17.47.
    ZNGA and GRPN already popped, so they are currently sitting at 1.78 and 1.74 respectively.
    Feb 22, 2013. 03:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Boston Beer (SAM): Q4 comes in mixed, missing on its EPS but meeting revenue estimates. Total sales rose by 8% Y/Y strong demand for seasonal brews and newer products like Angry Orchard ciders, but net profit fell 5.1% as margins slid to 52.1% from 56.4% and prior-year results included a tax-settlement gain. Core shipment volume grew 9%, while depletions increased by 16%. FY13 EPS guidance of $4.70 - $5.10 straddles the $5.00 Street view. Shares -2% AH. [View news story]
    I'm disappointed. I expected better than an 8% Y/Y increase.
    Feb 21, 2013. 05:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment