VFC's Stock House

View VFC's Stock House's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Amarin Delay Piques Investor Interest And Sparks Debate [View article]
    All,

Some great discussion points in this thread. Appreciate it. Picked up a few shares myself.

Jan 18 05:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin Delay Piques Investor Interest And Sparks Debate [View article]
    @phubaiguy,

I will attest that it was merely a coincidence that my article posted at the same time that downgrade came out, my friend. I'm not a fan of analysts, those guys have agendas that do not coincide with the agendas of the retail guy - in this case the agenda, IMO, favors short guy who is still covering after last year's drop. I agree, no other reason for a downgrade.

I don't mind the haterz out there that sit in their boxers and have nothing intelligent to add to the discussion, like the couple that started this reply chain, but let's not accuse VFC of working with an analyst that issues a weak downgrade when nothing in the story changed.

Thanks for inputting into the discussion, though.

Good luck!

Jan 18 05:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin Delay Piques Investor Interest And Sparks Debate [View article]
    @hkng,

Thanks for the meaningless addition to the discussion. There's always one. Weak.

Jan 18 05:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Watch Friday, 10 January 2013: Mannkind Rallies, Sirius Should Satisfy [View article]
    @Jared,

True to a certain extent ... past trends and patterns can certainly influence future trading. The chart guys make a living off of it.

Investors following small biotechs also follow past trends of price spikes and dilution to tell them when to sell the next time it happens.

Capstone is in a similar boat as a developing biotech - great technology, just not at the point of profitability yet. Nothing wrong with buying and holding - I used to do that myself before I decided to play the trading game, too, in order to bank profits in the short term while waiting out the long term - but until profitability is met, there's not much to fight the shorts who tend to arrive each and every time $CPST approaches the two dollar mark.

Like you said, though, those not looking for a quick buck are not interested in the short term price movement- their eyes are on Capstone's trek towards profitability.

Nice post, thanks for adding to the discussion.

Jan 13 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @Redwood and Jared,

Yes, Capstone banked a great week. The markets are at record highs right now, or at least pretty close to them, and my point to that effect is that investors tend to come down with "everything I touch turns to gold syndrome," which keeps them from taking some profits off the table when they maybe should due to all the euphoria of the green portfolio. I discussed that syndrome here http://seekingalpha.co... a little earlier in the week.

Granted, Capstone is an independant story making great strides, but profitability is not there. I've followed and written about this stock since 2007, and until it proves otherwise, I will continue to believe that it is best to sell a few trading shares into these rallies because pullbacks always occur - until they don't. We haven't yet seen "until they don't" play out in the market yet.

Thanks for the discussion!

Jan 11 07:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mr. Mark,

I 100% agree with your points about shadiness behind the Mannkind story, and especially what you say about analysts and major media outlets ignoring those stories and the implications that they can have on material events and trading patterns. The Dendreon story, and all the conflicts-of-interest behind that one may take the cake.

It is true that these Mannking tidbits are a joke, too.

Another awkward twist in this story that may have hurt Mannkind's cause was the alleged fraud and coverup through the clinical trials. ALthough that suit was dropped, it was also a pretty shady chain of events. I briefly discussed that here: http://bit.ly/KbP91V

Thanks for adding to the discussion and sharing your views. I'd like to see Mannkind succeed, because I always like a good success story - unlike some more prominent writers out there who cheer for failure - but I also heavily entertain the other side, too.

Good luck! Have a great weekend.

Jan 11 07:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment

Thanks for the words, @tfrank.

@Jdoe and Stephen Faulkner - I don't know for certainty that this is his sentiment, I am making an assessment and forming an opinion based on common sense and his actions since making that SIRI deal, which was a precursor to his essentially pushing Karmazin out the door, too.

His actions speak to my assessment being correct.

Thanks for the comments and input!

Jan 10 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @Mr. Mark,

I've covered the topic for years, myself at VFC's Stock House, you're simply-rewording the point I made. The FDA required new tests with the updated inhaler. My point was, I believe that if the FDA were overly impressed, they could have conditionally approved either solely for use with the older model inhaler or condionally with the new generation.

I never could understand why Mannkind did not see that one coming, that the FDA may require additional results with the new inhaler.

Thanks for inputting into the discussion, and nice shout-out to the late Paul Harvey.

Jan 10 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @Googer,

Agreed, just picturing Malone's mindset behind his recent actions and decision making.

Jan 10 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @Mr. Mark,

You're re-stating what I'm talking about, and I've covered the topic for years, myself at VFC's Stock House. The FDA required new tests with the updated inhaler. My point was, I believe that if the FDA were overly impressed, they could have conditionally approved either solely for use with the older model inhaler or condionally with the new generation.

Jan 10 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Thanks for the comments and input!

Jan 10 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Watch Wednesday, January 8, 2013: Beware Of Overconfidence [View article]
    @chet,

Appreciate the input, the four billion number is, in fact, a reference to to the revenue number coming in.

Jan 8 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @Henry B. Thanks for the input, sounds like you've got a plan. And that's what it's all about.
    Good luck!
    Jan 8 08:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Upcoming Earnings Report Could Provide Catalyst For FuelCell Energy [View article]
    Nice. I'm still on a bit of an extended summer break. Good luck!

Sep 17 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment