VFC's Stock House

View VFC's Stock House's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Weekly Stock Watch: Week Of July 30 [View article]
    @Shane - Nice, thanks for the comments.

@ Stogiees - I compare AMRN right now to HGSI when it was at seven bucks - It's just a matter of time for this one, especially with the catalysts still pending. I'll have more out tomorrow on this one.

Jul 31, 2012. 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sunshine Heart Soars On Milestone Approval News [View article]

I think we're still in the latter stages of an accumulation period for stem cell companies. Once the technology is just a tad bit more mature, then I think that sector will boom.

Good luck,

Jul 25, 2012. 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergy Pharmaceuticals Strengthened By Merger Agreement [View article]
    To Concerned,

Hopefully you got an 'A' in Sociology.

Jul 24, 2012. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergy Pharmaceuticals Strengthened By Merger Agreement [View article]
    Thanks, Shane, I did mention the lockup above, but yes - that is another key point to emphasize. Significant opportunity and potential for this one, in my opinion.

Jul 23, 2012. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin Buzzing With Key Date Pending [View article]
    Moosh - I can see a true long case for holding all the way through, given the prospects of big sales and a buyout/partnership, but I'm also a fan of taking some profits off the table at opportune times - not all, but some - because it's a highly volatile and unpredictable sector. There's nothing wrong with selling a few 'trading shares' into any spike in order to realize some gains, and you're sitting on some hefty ones right now.

What gives the short side of the argument some credence is that the blockbuster sales will not start immediately, so there will be some time for them to drop the stock, get in and then let it run again. Quick buyout/partnership news could alleviate that opportunity, but ya just never know.

AMRN ran to twenty once and then dropped when a partnership/buyout didn't materialize and look at DNDN - a supposed blockbuster approval drove it to nearly fifty bucks before weak sales dropped it to seven again.

Just sayin, entertain all aspects and make an educated decision about when to sell. I like to play with some trading shares, make sure I'm banking some gains, then I can sit back on the Grey Goose and see what happens next.

But that's just me.

Either way, AMRN looks like a winner - and for you, it already is. Congrats.

Jul 21, 2012. 05:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin Moving Big And Other Healthcare Sector Notes [View article]
    I think AMRN will be fine in the end.

@ Jack Wild - thanks, always like input. Will take a look.

Jul 19, 2012. 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sunshine Heart's Pullback Offers Investors A Second Chance [View article]

Appreciate the comment. "Minimally Invasive" is a relative term to more invasive alternatives.

Also, When discussing speculative and developmental companies, we're talking potential. Very few companies that have not yet commercialized a product have revenue before an approval. Even the big names right now like VVUS, ARNA and AMRN. Even PCYC has a multi-billion dollar market cap and has no revenue stream.

By the time these companies bank revenue, they're more often than not trading for market caps and stock prices waaayyy higher than when they were still developmental, meaning the potential monumental gains sought for in the biotech sector have long passed - Hence our efforts to find them early and look to bank gains on the way up.

In the case of SSH, if that technology makes it to market, it could be huge. The last few weeks was a nice gift for anyone long, and I doubt anyone who was long is complaining.

Jul 19, 2012. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Agenus Inc: More Than Just A Stimulon Play [View article]
    Indy, thanks for the comment - and for pointing out the fact that the focus for this sector should be the advancement of medicine and bringing life-saving and life-extending new treatments to market.

That fact is often lost in the investing and trading communities.

Jul 19, 2012. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Stars Of Profitability May Be Aligning For Capstone Turbine And Other Energy Sector Plays [View article]
    Agreed, effeff, it's been a nice trade at quite a few different points over the years. My fave was when it hit below seventy cents at points during the recession. Nice.

Good luck, I also agree it'll be bought eventually.

Jul 17, 2012. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Week For Healthcare: Stocks To Watch [View article]
    True, Stuck, is worth watching. I often mention the company and stock on my website,, as I've followed the company for years.

Thanks for the input.

Jul 17, 2012. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekly Stock Watch: Week Of July 16 [View article]
    Benny B,

Yes, I'll be getting back in. Just issued an update on my site:

Thanks for the comment.

Jul 16, 2012. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekly Stock Watch: Week Of July 16 [View article]
    Thanks, AppHead, good input and nice write-up on your part.

Jul 15, 2012. 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyout Talk, Catalysts And Clinical Results Can Move These Healthcare Stocks [View article]
    Thank you Thomas, I have followed and commented on the company for years at my personal site,

Thank you for the contribution.

Jul 14, 2012. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pharmacyclics Is Flying, But There Are Reasons To Be Wary [View article]
    Nice one, briankswain, those along for the duration of this quick ride are living large.
    Jun 25, 2012. 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekly Stock Watch: Week Of June 25 [View article]
    And this coming from a guy who does not believe that windows-based computing was innovation?

Jun 25, 2012. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment