View From The North

View View From The North's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Arotech Corp. - A Lithium-Battery Stock Ready To Quadruple; $16 Price Target [View article]
    A company that is growing (revenues, positive profits), with no known negative catalyst on the horizon, imo, should be at 2x revenues. Plain and simple. I think this will hit ~ $9/shr.

That's before considerations of the %GM, segments, new contracts, etc etc. ie. a back of napkin basics.

Thanks for getting this stock some attention, agree with your 'find' that it was trading undervalued.
    Mar 25 03:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Any ideas on whether they could handle a contract above $20M? and whether their board or management is 'connected' to the right potential clients that they don't already have? I think connections are key in the security industry.. imo.
    Mar 25 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Stocks To Short In 2012 [View article]
    what does (still worth 6.5 bill) mean , next to lnkd? do you beleive that .. or is it sarcasm
    Dec 21 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look at 5 Stocks That Closed Lower Monday [View article]
    HOLI is down because of a Bronte Capital 'article' on their blog.

They/he is very good at identifying chinese fraudco's.

watch out below.
    Jul 26 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will China’s Potash Deal Stink Up the Fertilizer Market? [View article]
    wow.. you wrote that post without using the word Canpotex..
    or mentioning that there is ongoing negotiations with them and the China officials..
    Jan 18 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mosaic: Back in the Saddle [View article]
    disclosure and/or rec?
    Jan 5 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top 10 Stocks for 2011 (Plus 7 Honorable Mentions) [View article]
    hostility? it seems like I'll have to add a :) at the end next time.. it was ribbing.. purposeful ribbing.. *you* turned it hostile.

I admit to mistakenly saying he didn't own any, when SIRI is part of the article. I only read the paragraphs about companies I didn't recognize.

YOU, on the other hand, are actually the one with hostility. Anyone *assuming* something (negative) about someone has no class my friend.
    "many multiples over what you likely made"
    No reason for that

And I don't watch CNBC. I hate blowhards. I like reasonable people. And the article is reasonable.. until the end (disclosure).
    Jan 5 09:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top 10 Stocks for 2011 (Plus 7 Honorable Mentions) [View article]
    I have no negative comment about your picking ability.. but question how you can have 10 top picks and only own 1.
    .. and yes, I know other media whores do the same thing.
    But somehow, I think/expect better from smaller fish who seem reasonable.
    I presume you have a portfolio with more than 1 stock in it. So then why wouldn't some of the others be there?
    Anything else you are holding must then be considered a 'top pick for 2011' ahead of these picks .. you know, presuming you are a rational investor.
    Jan 5 08:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top 10 Stocks for 2011 (Plus 7 Honorable Mentions) [View article]
    how can you have 10 top picks.. plus honorable mentions.. and NOT be long in any of them yourself?

money where you mouth(keyboard) is!!
    Jan 4 08:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P Aristocrats Mystery Solved? [View article]
    I don't know the answer either.. but perhaps there is a difference in your interpretation of 'year' and theirs.

ie. fiscal vs. calendar? just a guess.
    Dec 24 09:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Insiders Are Snatching Up in December [View article]
    Rimage (RIMG) was a great pick.
    Actual earnings to support a real P/E (not like HPOL)
    No debt or financial instruments that could blow up (not like C or BAC)
    Over 2/3's cash, with earnings, and a new push for growth.

Check them out:
    seekingalpha.com/symbo...
    Dec 10 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks Insiders Are Buying Like Crazy [View article]
    Thanks IMonkey,
    Although the purchases were small, I checked out RIMG.
    Rimage Corp is more than 2/3's cash!.. and is trading at a very low P/E of actual earnings to entreprise value (ex cash).

I made a purchase after I read that they just secured IT development space in India. They are building out their next products, while still earning from the legacy stuff going into new markets (china!).

This one looks like it will easily get back to, and above, your $18 price.

Appreciate the tip.
    Dec 8 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: Record Storage, Record Production [View article]
    how big is 'the southeast' possible variation in NG demand this winter?

ie. when compared with a 5yr average winter, or even a cold one like last year, what is the extra supply that warmer/temperate weather in the southeast going to leave unused?
    are we talking +3; +5; or +0.5bcf/d

thanks,
    G2
    Nov 14 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Can Winter Natural Gas Prices Go? [View article]
    over on the FEF boards, and using Rob's data... it seems like the balance to have a 0 storage week stands at 120-122 Degreedays.. up from somewhere in the 105 area last winter.
    does this match the 3-4 bcf looseness figure?

Based on today's reaction to the storage, i think the real futures guys decided to stop baiting the silly money - for a moment - when they saw a 19 build on last week's DDs.
    It will be interesting to watch how many false starts up are created during cold forecasts this winter.. creating profits for the nimble traders.. as the withdrawals disappoint the bulls time and time again.

Looking forward to Dec comps! but first, a run up on arctic air?
    Nov 10 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Can Winter Natural Gas Prices Go? [View article]
    Nice.

I take it the 3-4 bcf increased s-d gap is provable by looking at the recent injections versus the 5 yr average, and dividing by 7?

Wondering your thoughts on this historical fact:
    the Dec contract has taken out the closing Nov contract price in all-but-one of the past 5 years.

g25591