View as an RSS Feed
Trying For Alpha Of 10% In A 3 Month Period
Wed, Dec. 10 • 2 Comments
- Wrapping up the mid-year portfolio suggestions.
- The best performing constant alpha portfolio revealed.
- A suggested portfolio going into Q1 2015 is based on earnings upgrade cycle.
All Stock Lists Need Risk Control
- A review of portfolio selections show an unexpected dumbbell outcome with heavy losses in four stocks balanced by moderate gains elsewhere.
- Reasons for poor outcomes are canvassed. Similar outcomes may be avoided by a more extensive research effort, but loss limits are essential in a small portfolio.
- A more detailed analysis of two stocks indicate where additional research may be directed to improve outcomes.
Evolving Portfolio - Identifying New Ideas
- The portfolio construction methodology is clarified, portfolio performance is reviewed and despite a correction, the portfolio is in front.
- Suggestions as to which stocks to liquidate and which to consider as replacement.
- It is strongly suggested to review earnings as a core process in stock selection.
A Simple Indicator To Identify Trading Opportunities
- A very simple buy indicator (which is not that easy to formulate).
- Using Seeking Alpha articles to support a trading decision (or reduce anxiety).
- A trading portfolio.
- Appendix on methodology.
- The Challenge In Rebalancing A Portfolio
- High Beta Is Doing Well, But Special Situations Are Doing Better
- Terex: Profiting From Outliers
High Beta Investing: Tips For Budding Hedge Fund Managers
Nov. 14, 2012 • 2 Comments
Combine Low Volatility And High Beta In This Market
Editors' Pick • Jun. 22, 2012 • 5 Comments
- Caterpillar Is Reacting To Financial Risk - For Now
- Are Pharmaceuticals Set For A Run?
- Picking Stocks With The Right Characteristics
- Financials Making A Consistent Comeback?
- 5 Specialty Chemicals For A Small, Diverse Portfolio
- Evolving Portfolio (Number 6): Quiet But Active
- Evolving Portfolio (Number 5)
- Evolving Portfolio (Number 4): U.S. Rules OK
- Building An Evolving Portfolio (Part 3)
- Building An Evolving Portfolio (Part 2)
- Whether A Correlated Event Can Be Beaten
- Building an Evolving Portfolio
- Consistent Alpha: Taking Volatility Into Account
- Consistent Alpha: Seeking More Enduring Solutions
- Consistent Alpha: Comparing Two Portfolios
- Consistent Alpha: Out With the Old, In With the New for Portfolio
Hedge Fund Cloning: Suggestions on What to Look for
Apr. 14, 2011 • Comment!
- Consistent Alpha: A Review (And Possible Replacement Stocks)
- ADRs or ETFs? Assessing China-Focused Investments Options
- Stock Picking or Hedging in a Correction
- Alpha in a Correction: Identifying a Portfolio for Today's Market
- Choosing Stocks for Consistent Alpha
- One Way to Achieve Consistent Alpha