Vinayak Maheswaran

View Vinayak Maheswaran's Comments BY TICKER:
  • IBM: Excellent Value For Money [View article]
    Hi,

It is basically a transition from the g1 (implied by the PRAT model) to the g5 (implied by the Gordon growth model).

You would subtract the g5 value from the g1 value and divide by 4 which is the intervals between them.

(60.44 - 8.04)/4 = 13.1.

Now that you point this out, I've realized that I have made a slight mistake. g2 should be 60.44 - 13.1 = 47.34%, g3 should be 47.34 - 13.1 = 34.24% and so on.

I've done it right on my other dividend discount model article, though: http://bit.ly/10Bi800

Regards,

Vinayak
    May 16, 2013. 03:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Discount Model Reveals SAP AG Is Undervalued [View article]
    Hello ZaVodou,

The dividend of EUR 0.85 or USD 1.11 was approved for the recently concluded fiscal year 2012.
    For fiscal year 2011, in addition to the regular dividend of €0.75 per share, SAP also paid a special dividend of €0.35 in celebration of SAP AG's 40th anniversary. This comes to USD 1.48 when taking into account the EUR/USD exchange rate at the time.
    I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Vinayak
    May 2, 2013. 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP's Rise To Profitability And Beyond [View article]
    I went with the technical analysis and the fact that the stock was trading at 5 times 2013 EV/EBITDA and 8.5 times 2013 P/E.

I have been proved right so far as BP is currently trading at $43.53 a share.
    May 2, 2013. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard: Liquidity Analysis Paints A Bearish Picture [View article]
    Great stuff! Thanks for sharing all of this here. Our readers will benefit greatly from the wealth of information that you shared and also your insights.
    Mar 11, 2013. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard: Liquidity Analysis Paints A Bearish Picture [View article]
    You are right. I have made a mistake. Thanks for pointing this out. The quick ratio is calculated as cash and cash equivalents plus receivables divided by current liabilities.
    Although, I stated it wrong, I made the calculations correctly.
    Mar 11, 2013. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Company: Ratio Analysis [View article]
    They probably will. I expect the old rivals - DELL and HPQ - to get in on this mobile game. The PC will not go away for quite some time, though.
    Mar 6, 2013. 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Company: Ratio Analysis [View article]
    Your right! That was an error during the write up of this article. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Mar 5, 2013. 01:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysis Of The S&P 500: Where Is It Headed? [View article]
    Check my comment on top which is also the author's pick where I am using a straddle strategy as I expect volatility in the index even though I am bullish on the whole.
    Feb 27, 2013. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysis Of The S&P 500: Where Is It Headed? [View article]
    I am bullish on the SPY, but I have a smaller sized long position on the SPXU to mitigate risk. I have discussed in the article the volatility the SPY will see in the coming weeks (retail sectors earnings, US macro data, March 1 spending cuts, etc).
    A part straddle strategy makes sense, don't you think?
    Feb 27, 2013. 04:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • USD/JPY Running Out Of Gas [View article]
    There is actually a quote that he did set it at 90 on CNBC two months ago: http://bit.ly/YkHwHV
    There was also a deduction by analysts last month: http://bit.ly/VW2bFZ
    I would be happy if you could share where you found this target of 100.
    Feb 15, 2013. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil: Overvalued According To Net Asset Value? [View article]
    Great stuff clogger! Thanks for sharing here.
    Feb 13, 2013. 05:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Low-Profit Margin Model Is Key To Future Growth [View article]
    I will look to do better dharmi. I appreciate your comment and I hope you check back on my next article and let me know how I did then.
    Jan 16, 2013. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Low-Profit Margin Model Is Key To Future Growth [View article]
    Haha! No problem. Thanks for driving traffic there. I am looking at the YouTube video as a way to show how I've evolved in making videos from the false starts to the limelight (if I make it with YouTube).
    Thanks for the wishes! I wish you the same.
    Jan 16, 2013. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Low-Profit Margin Model Is Key To Future Growth [View article]
    I always like constructive criticism and I am happy to hear what you have to say.
    Jan 16, 2013. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Low-Profit Margin Model Is Key To Future Growth [View article]
    I've investigated the stock and I believe it will make money in 2 years. Of course there are the issues with cost management and competition it faces which I mentioned in this piece.
    Still, that doesn't takeaway from the fact that most analysts have a "buy" rating on the stock with Bank of America-Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs having a price target in the $300 region.
    Again, something I mentioned in this piece.
    Jan 16, 2013. 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment