View as an RSS Feed
View Vladimir Zernov's Articles BY TICKER:
Silver Standard Resources: Was Marigold Worth The Money?
- The purchase of Marigold in April was a big move for Silver Standard Resources, as it added a second producing mine.
- First quarter guidance on Marigold performance disappointed investors and sent shares lower.
- Second quarter report revealed a significant improvement in cost guidance for Marigold.
Barrick Gold: Possible Upside Catalysts
- Barrick has been an underperformer this year, but the company is ready to take steps that will enhance shareholder value.
- Barrick's cost performance remains solid and provides the necessary flexibility for the company.
- Recent Ma'aden deal could be a precursor of a much bigger move.
Cliffs Natural Resources: Life After Casablanca's Win
- Casablanca Capital's win in the proxy fight marks a new era for Cliffs Natural Resources.
- The activist fund has previously outlined its agenda to change Cliffs.
- If Casablanca's nominees act according to all its proposals, Cliffs is not a good bet for a long-term investor.
Alpha Natural Resources: The Ship Is Not Sinking
- Alpha Natural Resources Q2 results were influenced by one-time items.
- Cost improvements in company's Appalachia operations strengthen its position.
- Alpha Natural Resources has enough liquidity to sustain the current market downturn.
Walter Energy: The Bottom Is Near
- Walter Energy's decision to idle cash-negative Canadian operations will improve its performance.
- The company was able to refinance its debt, and the first debt maturity is in 2018.
- Met coal market is probably at its bottom, and could start rebounding next year.
- The company has enough resources to last through a year of weak met coal prices, and will capture the met coal price rebound.
Teck Resources: Strong Despite Headwinds
- Weak met coal prices have put pressure on Teck Resources' earnings.
- However, copper and zinc segments provide support for the company's earnings.
- Thus, Teck Resources remains a rather safe bet on the met coal revival.
- Walter Energy's Survival Options
- Digging Into The First Quarter Gold Demand Report
- Boeing: Great Company, Little Upside
- Why Freeport-McMoRan Will Close These Deals
- Bullish On Silver Wheaton After Earnings Report
- Alpha Natural Resources Bets On Met Coal
- Time To Be Bullish On Walter Energy
- Gold Miners At Risk Of Cutting Dividends
- You Still Have Time To Buy Silver Wheaton
- Newmont Mining Delivers Moderate Results
- Why Cliffs Natural Resources Is A Buy
- United States Steel Looks Good After Earnings
- New Highs Ahead For Chevron
- 5 Most Punished Gold Stocks Over $5
- 4 Ways To Play A Silver Rebound
- AK Steel: Bleak Present, Promising Future
- Solid News From Arch Coal
- Halliburton Is Worth Adding To Your Portfolio
- Light At The End Of The Tunnel For Peabody Energy
- Consider Buying Freeport-McMoRan
- Consider These 3 Most Punished Silver Stocks
- Gold: No Need To Panic
- Time To Buy Silver Wheaton
- Wait A Little To Buy Silver Wheaton
- Is Southern Copper An Overvalued Copper Play?
- Scary Altman Z-Score For Walter Energy