Vladimir Zernov

View Vladimir Zernov's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Barrick Gold: Possible Upside Catalysts [View article]
    See this note from world gold council for clarification: http://bit.ly/1mM8eEV
    Aug 14 06:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barrick Gold: Possible Upside Catalysts [View article]
    Easily. No costs to replace depleting reserves and no interest costs are included in AISC. The key is "sustaining" - that's money spent to maintain current production, without thinking about the future. However, I find it a useful measure, and so does the World Gold Council.
    Aug 13 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barrick Gold: Possible Upside Catalysts [View article]
    I think you last sentence has an important point. Government does not have to be fair or reasonable because it is government. I do not think Indonesia did the right thing, but they can do it as long as they want even at their own expense.
    Aug 12 03:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barrick Gold: Possible Upside Catalysts [View article]
    Interesting thoughts. However, I think Indonesian government could be as stubborn as it wants, so that's why I think Newmont increased its risks.
    Aug 11 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barrick Gold: Possible Upside Catalysts [View article]
    Thank you for kind words. I believe SP will be churning with little upside, and investors will turn their focus to beaten sectors like mining. I believe that many companies (tech especially) has gotten to valuations that are dubious at best. That said, it would be a stock picker market rather than "buy it all" in my view.
    Aug 11 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: Life After Casablanca's Win [View article]
    Agree. In pursuit of fast share appreciation the new team could make wrong decisions. The biggest warning sign for me was the initial "double the dividend" proposal. This one surely came from a dream world and raised doubts about Casablanca's competence.
    Aug 11 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: Life After Casablanca's Win [View article]
    Mark, it worries me that when Casablanca first came with its agenda, it wanted to spin off Australia together with Canada. This would have been a very troubled spin off in my view, at least the ratings would have suffered for sure. Hopefully, they changed their mind and do not plan to do it like that.
    Aug 11 03:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alpha Natural Resources: The Ship Is Not Sinking [View article]
    Not yet, but we'll see more coming soon. They've already waited for too long. Once the system gets through inventories, the upside is inevitable. It's a question of when, not if.
    Aug 8 12:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Walter Energy: The Bottom Is Near [View article]
    Ebola would kill mankind if it's an event. X is self-sufficient in iron ore, and I don't think they want to repeat this in met coal in the near term. MT could be a better option, but, I guess, not now.
    Aug 4 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walter Energy: The Bottom Is Near [View article]
    Sure, that was just generalization.
    Aug 4 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walter Energy: The Bottom Is Near [View article]
    IF met coal prices do not rebound, it does not make sense to put money in virtually every met coal miner except diversified giants. More, if someone thinks met coal prices stay where they are now for 3-5 years, they should short met coal producers.
    Aug 4 03:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walter Energy: The Bottom Is Near [View article]
    CDM Capital, I've read your short thesis. However, I do not view Walter Energy as a gamble. Just the risk is very high, but so is the reward if the company stays afloat.
    Aug 4 03:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Teck Resources: Strong Despite Headwinds [View article]
    Yes, zinc in agriculture is an interesting development. We'll see how this plays out.
    Aug 2 02:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging Into The First Quarter Gold Demand Report [View article]
    Yes, costs are high... It would be an interesting move if all gold miners suddenly reported the "most true costs". While it would be short-term bearish for their stocks, it could end up lifting the gold price. However, I don't think this is likely to happen.
    May 17 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Freeport-McMoRan Will Close These Deals [View article]
    How long? - you need at least one full year to see the impact.
    Dividends - no, I'm not concerned at all. I'm concerned about the rise of the share price, dividends for me are just bonuses. Sometimes there are bonuses, sometimes there aren't. I know that people are very concerned about dividends. However, a typical dividend is worth a two days stock move. This is why stock moves matter more for me.
    May 14 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment