Vladimir Zernov

View Vladimir Zernov's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Coal Miners Under Pressure: Arch Coal Edition [View article]
    BTU looks better managed in my view + they still have a credit line. Personally, I won't take positions in any coal miner without a protective stop, and, in case of upside, I'll unload part of the position. This has saved me (and made some money) multiple times.
    Jun 25, 2015. 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coal Miners Under Pressure: Arch Coal Edition [View article]
    I will soon do this in an article.
    Jun 25, 2015. 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM Inc.: Retail Forex Is In Global Regulators' Crosshairs [View article]
    There's nothing wrong with Forex. If people want to lose their money, they will find their ways - Forex or something else (cockroach races, maybe).
    May 12, 2015. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Confusion Causes 12,000% Run Up In Riviera Tools Company [View article]
    That's amuzing!
    May 8, 2015. 12:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alpha Natural Resources: No Bankruptcy Risk But No Near-Term Upside As Well [View article]
    CLD is much smaller, $168 million is very good for them. BTW, CLD was the best report among coal producers this season in my opinion.
    Apr 30, 2015. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill, North Atlantic Drilling, And Rosneft - A Long-Term View Of Perspectives In Russia [View article]
    They won't do it until absolutely in dire straits.
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    In my view, Crimea will be a long story. You can't get away fast with things like that.
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AK Steel: Q1 Results Look Good [View article]
    It's not a strategy, they have to do it once they realize the value of their investment has decreased.
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Reverse split makes sense.
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Teck Resources: The Reduction Of The Dividend Is A Prudent Move [View article]
    TCK produces met coal. The war is on thermal.
    Apr 21, 2015. 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: My Thoughts On Recent Developments [View article]
    A symbolic position after Q4, and much more at recent lows when the stock found a local bottom near $4.25. Will be trading around the position, as always.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: First Takeaways From Q4 Report [View article]
    3Q: Seadrill Limited's order backlog as of November 25, 2004 is $18.3 billion. 4Q: Seadrill Limited's order backlog as of February 25,2015 is $11.6 billion. Apples to apples.
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • North Atlantic Drilling's Q4 Report: An Amazing Difference From Seadrill's Report [View article]
    One important clarification. The topic of the backlog was raised in the comments section of my article on SDRL. A reader argued that Rosneft's contract was never included in SDRL's backlog. This is not the case. Straight from SDRL 3Q: Seadrill Limited's backlog as of November 25, 2004 is $18.3 billion... These figures INCLUDE $4.1 billion of backlog related to Rosneft and exclude backlog related to pipelay vessels and Sete newbuild drillships. Straight from the 4Q report: "These figures EXCLUDE backlog related to Rosneft contracts, pipelay vessels and Sete newbuild drillships".
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:28 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: First Takeaways From Q4 Report [View article]
    I don't understand one thing. SDRL excludes, while NADL includes. The comment made by sibo made me return to SDRL's third quarter report as I was afraid of misleading my readers. Fortunately, I was not misleading. Straight from SDRL 3Q: Seadrill Limited's backlog as of November 25, 2004 is $18.3 billion... These figures INCLUDE $4.1 billion of backlog related to Rosneft and exclude backlog related to pipelay vessels and Sete newbuild drillships.
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: First Takeaways From Q4 Report [View article]
    Straight from the report: "These figures exclude backlog related to Rosneft contracts, pipelay vessels and Sete newbuild drillships" BTW, I find it intriguing that Seadrill excluded Rosneft while Nadl decided to keep them in.
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment