Vladimir Zernov

View Vladimir Zernov's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Yamana Gold: Not Impressive Once Again [View article]
    "If they execute". This has been a big "if" for a while.
    Jul 31, 2015. 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil - Prices Will Not Rebound [View article]
    Totally agree, especially on the kleptocrat thing. This should not be underestimated.
    Jul 31, 2015. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peabody Energy - Thoughts About Bankruptcy And The Hedging Program [View article]
    MTL is not comparable. Lots of politics and "behind the curtain" moves in MTL. Pure casino, in my view.
    Jul 31, 2015. 05:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vale: Another Record Does Not Make It A Buy [View article]
    It's just earnings season, and companies that I follow I packed in just a handful of days. No rush here.
    Jul 30, 2015. 03:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinross Gold Q2 Results: Good Performance [View article]
    Big trouble, of course. But that's not even a big "if". That's unrealistic.
    Jul 30, 2015. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arch Coal: The Story Continues [View article]
    -$4.2 mln in Q1. -$125.6 mln for first half. The title specifically says "cash used". Where is the positive number?
    Jul 30, 2015. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Agnico Eagle Mines Q2 Results: Strong As Always [View article]
    I think that it is because AEM shares held so well in the current environment. Better valuation leads to big expectations, and ultimately to punishment if the street does not like the report. That's why I am a bit cautious about AEM despite the fact that it is one of the best companies in the mining space: if prices wall further, the shares could underperform.
    Jul 30, 2015. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinross Gold Q2 Results: Good Performance [View article]
    I believe there are no specific risks. The market thinks that there are risks - look at KGC chart when things in Ukraine got ugly and sanctions against Russia were introduced. Those are risks that Kinross' Russian mines could be nationalized in case of an ultimate battle between Russia and the West. This is an apocalyptic scenario, this is not going to happen.
    Jul 30, 2015. 08:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cloud Peak Energy Q2 Earnings: Decent Performance Despite Headwinds [View article]
    Thank you for you kind words!
    Jul 30, 2015. 08:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Not bad at all, just a modest cut in guidance, which appears to be weather-related. The stock trades like it is in someone's huge basket of "short coal".
    Jul 30, 2015. 06:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Charbon, my strategy in any stocks is very humble - I put stops, I cash out when I see gains for at least part of my position. Yes, the short side would have brought better results, but I made money. Even on WLT. I often used words as "speculative" in my articles - to me, this means trying to find the ideal point to enter while being ready to sell and then re-enter. This also protects from the lack of management action, WLT once again. I've never believed in buy and hold. I think it's sheer luck - in bull market all buy-and-hold are wizards, but the strategy is very weak against bear or range markets. Maybe I'm biased because I come from a day-trading background, so I'm trained not to worry about losses and just cut them, as well as lock in some profits. My approach has its flaws, and I'm yet to find a perfect balance between profit protection and letting your winners run.
    Jul 30, 2015. 06:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm equity only. Think this will change with time, but for now it is like it is.
    Jul 29, 2015. 06:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Harmony Gold Mining Enters Dangerous Waters While Captain Leaves The Ship [View article]
    Interesting idea.
    Jul 29, 2015. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RSX: Expect More Weakness [View article]
    USD/RUB is still to reach levels that I expect. Maybe its just summer.
    Jul 28, 2015. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peabody Energy Q2 Results: It's Still Alive [View article]
    I think that they want to do this before the stock goes under $1 to save time. They want to have this weapon, but this does not mean they will have to use it.
    Jul 28, 2015. 12:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment