View as an RSS Feed
View Vuru's Articles BY TICKER:
J.C. Penney Has Plan In Place, Investors Should Still Stay Clear
- J.C. Penny's share price has seen a steep drop since reaching a five-year high in 2012.
- Recent trouble has forced management to consider growth initiatives with a focus on increasing online earnings.
- In a highly competitive, fragmented and economically sensitive industry, the risk to investors is high.
Cloud Solutions, Big Data And Storage Shifts All Poised To Help EMC
- EMC sells the IT industry’s broadest range of information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, services and solutions.
- The company is the No. 1 storage vendor globally with over 30% market share and is poised to continue being a leader.
- The company is well positioned to benefit from an eventual increase in storage investments as CIOs refine their strategies around cloud, big data and new architecture investments.
Model Streamlining Will Reward DuPont Investors
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Co. (DD) is a 36B manufacturer of agricultural products, photovoltaics and consumer electronics such as TiO2, refrigerants, protection products and construction.
- Our grade shows a reflection of the company’s financial strength, economic moat, management ability and dividend/buyback trends - and indicated theres more to the story.
- DuPont provides potential for investors in the long-term as agricultural business should have improved performance, benefits from streamline are realized and the global recovery boosts earnings.
Aetna Has Potential For Investors At A Fair Price
- Aetna Inc. is one of the leading diversified healthcare benefits companies, serving an estimated 44 million people across the globe.
- AET looks fairly valued at current levels, with potential over the long-term.
- This potential is on the basis of pressure from escalating commercial cost trend and a balance sheet that will allow for acquisitions.
FedEx Expected To Continue Rapid Growth As U.S. Economy Recovers
- FedEx Corp. is a global leader in parcel delivery services and provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services.
- As the US economy continues to improve, FedEx expects the US economy to continue to lead the way in terms of growth for top line revenues.
- FedEx provides potential upside from current levels over the medium- to long-term, as expectations about a stronger y/y peak season and international volumes continue to improve.
Medical Breakthroughs On The Horizon For Merck
- Merck (MRK) is a global health care company that includes prescription medicines; vaccines, biologic therapies, animal health and consumer care products.
- 3Q results overshadowed Keytruda receiving a broad breakthrough therapy designation for advanced NSCLC that’s progressed after platinum-based chemotherapy.
- The Oct 2013 restructuring has laid a foundation for better than anticipated EPS growth as faster than expected cost cuts will place an upward bias to MRK’s EPS outlook.
UPS Sensitive To Industry Competition And Macro Factors
- UPS offers customs-cleared, door-to-door delivery and is among the top providers in most international markets.
- UPS plans to focus on growth in both the B2B and B2C channels.
- Limited potential over the long-term because industry fundamentals have been deteriorating .
Dow's NPV Projects And Proceeds Will Reward Shareholders
- Dow Chemical is the largest US chemical company in terms of revenue.
- DOW plans on creating positive NPV projects and divest in unneeded assets to create shareholder value.
- The company has plenty of upside in the long-term on the basis of earnings, dividend yield and proceeds from sale of assets.
Superior Business Model Gives Costco Competitive Advantage
- Costco has seen over 100% share price growth in the past five years.
- Costco focuses on managing inventory and prices, employee empowerment and consumer membership.
- Costo warrants a premium valuation (P/E of 28.79) and will continue to reward investors.
P&G Will Reward Shareholders Through Portfolio Consolidation And Cost Saving Measures
- Growth in PG's top line revenue and margins has stagnated in recent years.
- The consolidation of the company's portfolio was made necessary by the lack of overall earnings growth.
- PG should become a much more nimble and responsive player in the market that could reward shareholders in the long-term.
Mosanto's Solid Fundamentals And High Growth Should Entice Investors
- Monsanto has seen strong growth over the past years including share price growth of ~148% in the last five.
- Strong management, financials, economic moat and dividends should lead investors to expect continued growth.
- Share price looks fairly valued, although future growth leaves opportunity for investors in the long-term.
Target Will Not Abandon Canada, Neither Should Investors
- Target's share price has lost ~16% since entering the Canadian market.
- New management has gone to great lengths to ensure they will make their Canadian operations profitable.
- Canada only represents a small portion of the company's operations, and TGT's focus on dividends and digital growth will ensure Canada will not ruin the whole company for investors.
General Electric Remains A Safe Income Play In Market Turmoil
- 3Q results for GE were mostly inline with estimates, bright spot was an increase in net earnings.
- Large focus of the company's margins and earnings is the risky capital segment.
- With little potential for capital gains because of slow growth and a shift of focus, investors should only consider GE for a guaranteed income stream above inflation.
Q3 Results Reaffirm Delta Air Lines' Potential For Investors
- Q3 Results for Delta were above analyst estimates in EPS, Revenue and EBITDA.
- Share price catalysts include lower crude prices, strong economic moat, and insulation from geopolitical factors.
- Delta remains a compelling investment in the airline sector given its corporate share gains, operational reliability and benefits from industry trends.
Looming Pullback And Competitive Industry Can't Scare Investors From Cardinal
- Cardinal Health's strong performance in the past five years has many investors predicting a looming correction.
- Valuation metrics show CAH is trading well above its intrinsic value.
- 30-year trend of dividend increases and potential from acquisitions and repositioning will continue to entice investors.
Verizon Leads The Telecom Sector For Investors
- We have seen strong ratings for Verizon and believes it is the clear leader in the Telecom sector for investors.
- Investment rationale includes dividend yield, attractive entry and valuation, strong management and expected earnings growth.
- 3Q announcement of earnings should be positive for Verizon.
Mixed Signals From McKesson Corporation Confuse Investors
- McKesson is a key holding in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector that many investors have rode to a large gain in recent years.
- The company has given mixed signals as to where the share price will head in the coming months.
- The time is now for investors to lock in the gains they have received in the past five years, as the markets are becoming increasingly volatile.
After Large Oil And Gas Industry Pullback, The Time Is Now For Chevron
- Large pullback of both small and large market cap oil and gas companies presents opportunity for investors.
- Chevron looks poised to grow and rebound from 15% loss in the past couple of months.
- Investment is based on strong financials, economic moat, and dividend trends.
Royal Dutch Shell Looks Promising On Expectations Of Continued Growth
- Despite being one of the largest companies in the industry, Shell is still attractive.
- Strong 2Q2014 results likely to replicated in 3Q2014.
- Positive trends in free cash flow and dividends will continue to reward investors.
Exxon Mobil Warrants Premium Valuation Despite Volatile Financials
- Exxon Mobil warrants the premium valuation on the basis of strong brand equity, despite declining 2013 revenues.
- Diversified product lines will insulate the company from macro events.
- Fair valuation with limited potential for upside in the next 6 to 12 months.
Fastenal Presents Opportunity For Investors In The Medium Term
- Strong balance sheet presents the company with the opportunity to fund future growth.
- Y/Y revenue growth is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
- Current price is attractive for investors to be able to see returns in the medium term.
- 3 Billion-Dollar Dividend Stocks With Shark-Filled Moats
- 5 'Rocketship' Stocks Deservedly At 52-Week Highs
- Jim Cramer's Most Recent 'Buys' - And Their Flaws
- 5 Billion-Dollar Companies With 5%+ Yields
- 6 Overlooked Stocks That Got Killed In The Housing Crash
- 6 Micro Caps Trading For Less Than Net Cash
- 6 Undervalued Tech Giants With A Sustainable Competitive Advantage?
- 7 Sinful Stocks Buffett Would Love
Top 3 Investment Books To Navigate 2012
Jan. 17, 2012 • 3 Comments
- 3 Undervalued Large Caps With A 10+ Year Dividend History
- Credit Card Spending Growing At An Alarming Rate