Wall Street Teacher

View Wall Street Teacher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CorMedix Poised For A Strong Finish To 2014 [View article]
    The other overhang remains the status of IP dispute with Tauropharm. On the last CC, CEO Milby asserted that CRMD prefers to negotiate vs. litigate. Fingers crossed that we get an upside surprise.
    Aug 18 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: Making Progress In Both EU Commercial And U.S. Regulatory Fronts [View article]
    Saw it. Frustrated as heck here. Still waiting on our multiple Q2 deals mentioned in TWO separate conference calls.
    Aug 5 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    2 weeks to the CC and as yet no news on distribution agreements being inked by CEO Milby. Disappointing............
    Aug 1 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, we have one month or so until the next conference call. I am hopeful that we get clarification on the FDA trial design and CEO Milby FINALLY comes through with a deal or two. My other nagging issue remains the status of the Tauropharm IP dispute. It is time to either break bread or take off the gloves.
    Jul 15 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CEO MILBY bought a few shares last week. Hopefully that bodes well for the future.
    Jul 5 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparison Shopping For Small-Cap Biotech Deals [View article]
    Hopefully we will start to see some decent news flow out of CRMD. I think there is usually a 30 day response period then they can move forward with formalizing the IND. If we see PATH/GAIN Act extension granted, this may not remain free standing. I still think there is a 10% chance that U.S. partnering talks lead to something larger. GAIN/PATH inclusion likely puts those odds north of 20%.
    Jun 28 08:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    No clue. Proxy votes as expected. I remain hopeful that these guys deliver good news on bioth the EU and US fronts. This week's FDA progress is a good start. If they can get a clean IND and snag a trial partner, that will give them enough breathing room to solve whatever sales issues exist.
    Jun 26 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    This is good news. Once everything is locked down with the FDA, CRMD can begin to engage in serious partnership negotiations. Market cap remains silly given size of dialysis, oncology, iCU and feeding markets but who am I to say?!?!?! EU progress to date is disappointing. It would not surprise me if proxy votes are a bit skewed. Time to produce something on the sales side.
    Jun 24 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Annual meeting on Wed. . It will be interesting to review the vote tallies. Likely some unhappy campers out there given the slow progress to date in the EU.
    Jun 23 05:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix out of compliance with NYSE MKT listing requirements [View news story]
    This liability is based on the Elliot and Kingsbrook positions. Both are major shareholders so I assume it will be worked out.
    Jun 11 08:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Proxies' are out. Please remember to vote early and often!
    Jun 11 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparison Shopping For Small-Cap Biotech Deals [View article]
    I own both and agree that CRMD is a low risk play with a much more limited addressable market while ZIOP is much harder to gauge investment given RJ Kirk's penchant for operating in "stealth mode". I shares Mark's frustration that PICASO III data was never released and that the SCLC trial seems to have disappeared. I guess that is water under the bridge since folks are now betting on the synthetics.

I think ZIOP is at that point where they need to explain to folks in clear terms what the plan is. They did not have an investor day this year and I have never seen RJ Kirk at a Ziopharm event. I have seen Dr. Reed speak once and was quite impressed with the man's obvious intellect and vision. Kirk has proven himself to be a fair partner in the past so I suspect he will do the same here. I think Dr. Broder is engaged to lubricate the FDA process, if needed.

I agree with Biothoughts that ZIOP's ownership of 1/2 of all cancer rights is likely what saved this company from demise. People are not betting on the current ZIOP management since they have not managed to do much (at least what a public shareholder can see) in close to 10 years. People ARE betting on RJ Kirk. RJK needs ZIOP to work or his whole Intrexon (XON)model will be under severe pressure. Remember, XON has recently cracked it's IPO pricing on several occasions so I am sure there is plenty of motivation to get things done on the partnering front. SYN blew up, HALO has had a set back so I am hopeful that if ZIOP does have partnering options, we will hear about them soon.

I remain hopeful in brain cancer and wonder if there might be several arms in the eventual trial design. Obviously you would need SOC plus in any human trial but I didn't see any such arm in the early data. VERY ODD indeed.

I remain hopeful on all three of these.

WST
    (Long ZIOP, XON and CRMD)
    May 24 07:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tough CC on the sales front but they seem confident on the FDA side. Share price remains under pressure (understatement). This could be a tough slog until we get some news. Hopefully CEO Milby's prediction of additional distribution deals prior to end of Q2 proves prophetic.
    May 20 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No. These guys typically report on the final day and do a CC the following morning. My guess is release Thursday (15th) after the close and CC the following morning.

I am hopeful the CEO Milby has made progress on both the sales and partnering fronts. In the last CC he stated that he expects to ink several new distribution deals in Q2. We are now half way thru Q2. Also, I am very hopeful that he has launched sales in the middle east.

The other side of the equation is FDA progress. Again, I was expecting the IND to have been filed but I see no news to date.

We are not in a market environment that treats delays kindly. Let us hope there is substantive news brought to the call.

May 13 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, we are less than 2 weeks out from the Q1 CC. Let's hope that CEO Milby and crew deliver on the sales and/or US trial front(s).
    May 6 11:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment