Wall Street Teacher

View Wall Street Teacher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CorMedix: Making Progress In Both EU Commercial And U.S. Regulatory Fronts [View article]
    Difficult price action last week. I added a few on Thursday . No clue if this has found a bottom but market cap seems pretty modest again given the recent haircut. Not sure how something with an approved product and a likely registrational trial commencing Q2 remains at this valuation for long but markets will do what markets will do.

GLTA
    Apr 18 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think CRMD likely has a carrot and stick approach. Prosl victory gives CRMD an EXTREME advantage in any potential legal proceeding. TP must know that and just might be in the mood to combine forces. Also, TP is private so there is really no way for those guys top cash out given that the Prosil IP issue makes the sale/absorption of their enterprise very unlikely to any party other than CRMD.

I trust that Milby and Co. will end up doing what is in the best interests of shareholders. Senior management has a lot of skin in the game and have shown themselves to be very shareholder friendly over the last 2 years. I believe the pattern will continue.

My disappointment is that Roth has not picked up coverage. I guess they raised the money and forgot to send flowers in the morning. Very bad manners.
    Apr 16 09:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think the selloff was likely due to peoples' expectations. They launched mid Dec and had virtually no sales in Q4. On the call, management provided very little in whe way of guidence re: how sales are currently progressing so folks assumed the worst and sold. That is my guess.

CEO also blew thru the potential for accelerated approval section and GAIN Act status. I had to read the transcript to make sure that I heard him correctly.

Q1 is closed. Hopefully these guys provide an update fairly soon.
    Apr 14 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you. I think it is funny that this issue is lumped together with "risky" biotech. Neutrolin is a pretty simple product with a known safety profile based on EU use. Hopefully our friends at the FDA grant them AA and if we are very luck Neutroling becomes eligible for GAIN Act incentives.
    Apr 14 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    Added today on the dip. Management seemed to indicate that U.S. trial planning is progressing and that Neutrolin has the potential for fast track status as well as GAIN Act inclusion(which would bestow an additional 5 years of exclusivity on the drug). Management also strongly hinted that we will see multiple additional distribution trials inked in Q2. The only negative on the call was that sales with Middle Eastern distributors have not yet commenced.
    Apr 1 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seeking Alpha Embraces Pseudonymity [View article]
    Maybe their sale and/or covering purchase becomes part of the disclosure. I would love to have a quantitative way to track authors. Perhaps a voluntary pilot program could be initiated.The legitimate authors would welcome the chance to be measured. The "for pay guys" ---not so much!
    Mar 20 01:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    I have been long ZIOP for years. Much disappointment from the legacy drugs but RJ Kirk got involved a few years back. The new mantra is DNA based medicines which, if effective, could be game changers. IL-12 is scary stuff but Intrexon(Kirk's company) has a rheoswitch to control expression. Fingers crossed on that one.

Selling here could also be from some of the guys who participated in the recent Roth raise. Velocity funds simply sell the common off and retain the warrants for a free upside bet.

I continue to hope that we will see something on the IP front soon. Tauropharm is stuck. There is no way they can partner with a large player due to the recent Prosl decision. I suspect part of the reason that CRMD raised the cash may be to fund a potential lawsuit. Fingers crossed.
    Mar 20 12:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seeking Alpha Embraces Pseudonymity [View article]
    Eli-

Perhaps an interesting metric would be to rank authors by how their picks have performed. Forget the short term spike that a "big authors" opining might create but look at price performance over a bit longer term (perhaps a 6 or 12 month period?).

It would also be interesting if you periodically ran a contest such as "Best 5 ideas over the Next 12 Months". Let people look at real time, documented performance of the authors' picks vs. the normally cherry picking we all see when folks are touting their investment prowess.

Good Luck

WST
    Mar 20 08:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seeking Alpha Embraces Pseudonymity [View article]
    Excellent statement of policy. I publish under a pseudonym due to my profession and have always found the SA editors to be fair and reasonable in their requests for backup information, sources, web links etc. Keep up the good work!
    Mar 19 11:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    I listened to the last cc. Management seemed very bullish on FDA meeting. FDA is under EXTREME pressure to reduce hospital acquired infections. I suspect we see a IND filed within the next month or so.

Price action baffles me. Hopefully Roth gets behind this at some point with research. The stock remains virtually unknown.

Re: Management--these guys are bright, able and honest. My only concern is how long will it take to get traction in the EU. 4th Q will be meaningless since they started selling in mid-Dec. I also hope we see label expansion granted in EU.

Good luck.
    Mar 19 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    Very odd trading the last few days. The stock looks dead then suddenly a buyer pops up and grabs 25K or so in a rush. This has happened three or four times over the past week. I am unsure what to make of it.
    Mar 15 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Following The Smart Money: The Small Cap Biotech Investments Of Randal J. Kirk [View article]
    I would also add that Kirk has proven himself to be fair in his dealings with legacy shareholders. My only caveat if that Kirk has a longer window than most shareholders. One needs to be patient and live with the bumps along the way.

Disclosure: Long ZIOP.
    Mar 11 09:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    CRMD did a raise yesterday with Roth. Deal seems to be well placed based on stock price action. Likely this let's them commence USA trial and look to partner down the road. My gut tells me that they were likely presented with inferior partnering terms based on the paucity of $$$ on the balance sheet prior to yesterday's raise.

Hopefully we soon get guidance on:

1) Sales
    2) Status of IP Dispute with Tauropharm
    3) Label Expansion into Oncology
    4) Additional Regional Partnerships
    Mar 6 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    CRMD had decent volume and price movement in a challenging biotech market this Friday. It touched near the annual high on no news. Very odd, indeed.
    Mar 1 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    8k released this week naming new BOD member. I think this is a step in the right direction.
    Feb 28 05:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment