Wall Street Teacher

View Wall Street Teacher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    Price action is baffling. I cannot believe that we have not seen a Form 13 fling yet. I am hoping that the share price appreciation is leakage from (assumptive) business development meetings. The company has stated that FDA notes are back. Perhaps they are moving right to PHIII. If that is the case, I will have to rethink what this is worth to a potential suitor.
    Jan 16 11:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synthetic Biologics: Randal Kirk And A Robust Pipeline For 2014 [View article]
    Kirk is one of the smartest guys in the room. Added to my ZIOP bet and am taking a hard look at SYN and FCSC. I may buy XON after the lock-up expires in Feb. Should be more supply then.
    Jan 16 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm releases slides from conference presentation [View news story]
    Still long ZIOP and added a bit today on the dip. Fingers crossed.
    Jan 15 11:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    It depends on how you do the math. There are about 16MM shares O/S now but there are also prefeereds and wts. that would kick in if we see a sustained price move (dilutive but adds cash to balance sheet). I am going to use the # 25MM shares O/S for sake of argument. If they mangage to gain traction on TP and cut a halfway decent deal on the US trial, this is worth at least $100mm. That puts us at $4 per share. If they eventually win an IP fight in court and TP goes away, the valuation could get silly.

My hope is that the U.S. trial partner aids them in EU expansion. . If that is a case any lawsuit is an afterthought.

Encouraged by partnerships in the Middle East. It is a good start. Hopefully more are coming.

Good luck.
    Jan 14 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    I missed it. Large Form 4s filed on Friday. COB, CEO, and CFO all bought the last private placement round(restricted Pfds) COB Dr. Gary Gelbfish bought $500K worth.
    Jan 12 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    I have spoken with them on several occasions. They are as open as FD permits. Also, they are not overly generous with their own compensation. Very good signs.
    Jan 12 09:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]
    Prosl patent issued today. This will help immensely in any potential IP fight with TauroPharm GmbH . Hopefully we soon get clarification as to whether or not the FDA permits the U.S. trial to move directly to PHIII. If so, CRMD will likely have quite a few suitors seeking to partner. Again, I hope they go with a broader catheter company such as Baxter or Becton vs. one of the two dominant dialysis providers. Management is executing. Exciting times.
    Jan 10 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spyglass Resources: 3 Different Insiders Have Purchased Shares During The Last 30 Days [View article]
    At what level were these shares purchased?
    Jan 8 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: An Interesting Play In The Catheter Care Space [View article]

CRMD announced the completion of its private placement. The language regarding the company potentially not needing additional funding since they anticipate getting to breakeven based on this tranche is interesting. If they are correct, this issue could end up with a very low final share count.
    Jan 8 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Stocks To Turn In 2014 [View article]
    Starting to get long the metal streamers here. Building a position in both SLW and SAND. I think the major producers with strong balance sheets and streamers will take advantage of this difficult financing environment to lock the juniors into some Draconian contracts.

I got the same response when he told a friend that I was planning on building a position in the metals over the next year. He simply asked why???? If oil cracks at least the miners may get a bit of relief on the expense side of the ledger. Labor costs should also ease as some of the marginal producers shutter operations.
    Jan 7 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primero Mining: Why I'm Having Second Thoughts After The Brigus Acquisition [View article]
    Thank you for another informative article. Accumulating as much knowledge as I can in the PM space. Adding slowly to a couple of streamer bets.
    Jan 7 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top 2 Gold Stock Bargains To Buy For A 2014 Rebound [View article]
    I am simply using "hope" as a catch-all phrase for things beyond our control or ultimate knowledge. Yes, I am a teacher who works on Wall Street. Yes, I can read an income statement balance sheet and am quite fluent in financial -ese. Not everything can be found in financial statements. The general tone of a given market and ability to locate capital are concerns for any ongoing entity.

Let me put my investment premise in simple terms. Mining is a tough business. All kinds of unexpected things happen during both the resource collection (floods, freezes, varying fuel /labor costs etc) and of course the ultimate sales price is unknown unless the miner has sold much of its production forward. My simple bet is that the well capitalized streamers come out on top as the juniors implode due to lack of capital. I see a consolidation in which the majors may join forces with $$$ providers (streamers) to cherry pick thru distressed properties. For me the streamers represent a sort of enhanced ETF since they often trade at prices in excess of NAV. Colossus will be an interesting case study as it is a fairly large property with tons of capex already spent. Let's see if Mr. Market puts value on the property of if it is simply absorbed and flipped by the note holders.

No ill intent here. I have been posting on SA for years--primarily in the biotech space. The PM arena has peaked my interest since I do not believe that QE Forever (current US Monetary Policy) is without an ultimate cost. I also have a different bet on which is looking for a tightening of the Gold to Silver spread. Currently we are far above historical norms.

Good Luck in your investing.
    Jan 7 04:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Junior Gold Rabbit Hole [View article]
    I think some are thinking that when SAND gets a cash infusion from the wts, they will be in a good position to buy assets on the cheap--hence the bloated multiple. Also buying a few SLW. Well managed company with a decent balance sheet. I will look into GDXJ
    Jan 7 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top 2 Gold Stock Bargains To Buy For A 2014 Rebound [View article]
    Nice article. Hopefully the stronger miners weather this storm. I think many of the juniors will go away and the majors will cherry pick the properties. I am long SAND and SLW since I am not smart enough to select individual miners!. Both have pretty strong balance sheets and should be able to pick up assets on this down leg in metals.
    Jan 7 10:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton: A Better Option Than Metal Miners? [View article]
    initiated a small position today. Will be adding a bit each month. Thank you for the informative article. SLW is a high quality stream and additionally a play on convergence of the gold to silver ratio back to traditional norms. Thanx again.
    Jan 7 09:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment