Wall Street Titan

View Wall Street Titan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Athersys: Down But Not Out - An Interview With CEO Van Bokkelen [View article]
    "I see online all kinds of studies using MSC and a couple others. I see none using ATHX cells... Why ?" This is why: http://bit.ly/1lUmSZl, Athersys has built an IP moat around these cells.

1137,

"ATHX has not proven they work at all in a real study." On the contrary, they are being COMMERCIALLY used today in patients: http://map3.com/home

And don't forget, although the UC results were disappointing, the Pfizer scientists saw enough to invest their resources in the Phase II trial, an independent validation, IMHO.

I do agree with you that the paid for marketing is distasteful and problematic and should be stopped for all biotechs. However, Gill hasn't personally benefited as he has sold no shares other than to pay for withholding taxes. Shareholders did benefit by getting capital at over $4 per share.
    Jul 9 01:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GoPro Weak First Quarter - What Investors Are Missing [View article]
    Andres, thanks for your comments. Please refer to my response above.
    Jul 3 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GoPro Weak First Quarter - What Investors Are Missing [View article]
    Not to dismiss the delay of the Hero 3 which was a factor but did you watch the 60 Minutes piece? It was a marketing bonanza that surely introduced the company to millions upon millions of people who had never heard of GoPro. That kind of publicity won't soon happen again. Yet, a decline of 8% in revenues for a company priced for tremendous revenue growth. Doesn't add up.
    Jul 3 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Are you implying that there is some stroke trial data out there that is causing this momentary spike? I hope your answer is sheepish NO."

No, I am simply stating that the hope and potential of the stroke trial data is moving to the forefront of investors minds after an understandable emotional reaction to the disappointing UC results.

"I would love to see your $342 price target hit and give me a home run to cherish for the rest of my life. But lets face it, we have seen similar numbers prior to UC trial as well."

I have to disagree on this statement. UC success would not have created anywhere near revenue numbers that stroke can for two reasons: 1) No partner in stroke. 2) Stroke is a much, much larger unmet medical need. Sure, the stock would have rallied on good UC but a big part of that would have been because investors would have been more confident on upcoming stroke data.

"What common why the heck are we even concerned about some trivial movement on low volume for 2 days?"

I agree.
    Jul 2 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The upside is just too high if the stroke trial shows any signs of efficacy. Just review the published links above that demonstrate the role of the spleen in stroke patients and there is certainly a reason for optimism. Shares were oversold on the failure of the UC trial. In reality, when I came up with a 2017 valuation of $342 per share I was intentionally conservative as I only included the U.S. market. I had a hard enough time getting that price target through the SA editors for a $1.42 stock. If I had included the global market for stroke patients and not just the U.S., the valuation would have been even more astronomical. There is risk here but if it works out the upside is probably bigger than any other biotech stock on the market, IMHO. Do your own DD.
    Jun 30 07:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cytori Therapeutics Announces Date For Crucial BARDA Meeting [View article]
    Stehpen, a belated thanks as we approach the decision.
    Jun 23 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cytori Therapeutics Announces Date For Crucial BARDA Meeting [View article]
    Jay, a belated thanks as we approach the decision.
    Jun 23 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You were critical about Gil for being blunt about the failure in the UC results. Yet you claim they are overstating AMI Phase I results. Getting turned down on a grant happens way more often than not and when the CIRM is involved, politics is an important factor. Here is the link to the original release on Phase I AMI: http://bit.ly/1nnYG2x More importantly, here is a link to a succesful grant that funds Phase II work on AMI based on the Phase I data: http://bit.ly/1nnYG2z Keep things in perspective and do your own DD.
    Jun 20 09:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Justindamarket, I must agree that there are many shady aspects to CEOs talking up their stocks. One thing about Gil though is that he hasn't, to my knowledge, ever sold any shares other than for paying withholding taxes. I believe he is honest in his assessments. I can't say that for many of his peers. I've always said that the management of companies promising the next big thing (especially biotechs) should never be allowed to sell a single share until they have truly reached an inflection point, not just the promise of one. Investors hang on to every word of the CEO of these types of companies and there should be a self imposed embargo on insider selling until the company has created sustainable value based on more than a CEO's hopes, dreams and hype.
    Jun 17 11:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    11137741,

On June 2, I asked you to provide a link to substantiate your comment that Athersys was turned down on a grant. You stated that it was the explanation for a decline in the share price. Why no reply from you? On everything else you can believe what you ever you want but I can assure you that no one, other than Seeking Alpha, paid me to write this article or any other article. I think that should be clear to any reader based on my focus on the risks. Here it is again in case you missed it: "As stated above, trying to lay out the odds of success in the Phase II stroke trial is the difficult task and certainly the most critical aspect to evaluating both the upside and downside risk. The downside is easy, a dramatic decline in the share price to new lows. Athersys thought the Ulcerative Colitis trial would show efficacy and it failed to do so causing a substantial decline in shares. This could happen again if the stroke trial fails to show signs of efficacy." Having said that once again, the upside is huge with positive stroke results and I do not agree that the word would be out already. It is a double blinded study, afterall.
    Jun 17 04:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    justindamarket, I've been in contact with USA Biotech. although not in the last few weeks. I don't believe he was a mere pumper and his "disappearance", from my understanding, is personal in nature and not related to his views or position in Athersys.
    Jun 17 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital Corp.'s Dividend And Net Asset Value Sustainability Analysis (Post Fiscal Q3 2014 Earnings) - Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks for the article Scott. Although these accounting issues are extremely complicated and very difficult for the average investor to get his/her arms around, it is nice to see insiders stepping up to the plate with buys: http://1.usa.gov/SOoj47

That tells me that the situation at PSEC is better than current perception: MONEY TALKS.
    Jun 16 04:55 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: Why I Am Buying This Book Value Bargain That Yields Over 13% [View article]
    Nice timing on your bullish article. With such a lack of low risk yield plays, PSEC is a diamond in the rough, IMHO. No reason thus can't trade above book with this attractive yield.
    Jun 10 09:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    11137741, what grant are you referring to? DO you have a link?
    Jun 3 09:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    16 week data should be out shortly but I don't know when. COuld see news related to GvHD, AMI, Japan or some kind of deal at any time. The most important, Stroke data is set for later this year.
    May 28 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment