- Giant Banks Are Trying to Make Bailouts Permanent
- Volcker: Financial Innovation Is Worthless
Head of California's Cap and Trade Offsets Program: It's a Scam
Dec. 9, 2009 • 12 Comments
- CDS and Carbon Derivatives: Two Sides of the Same Coin
One Job Creation Proposal that Might Actually Work: A One-Year Payroll Tax Cut
Dec. 4, 2009 • 5 Comments
- Dr. James Hansen: Vehemently Opposed to Carbon Cap and Trade
- Goldman: Gold to Rise Above $1,400 an Ounce by 2011
- Reich: Don't Expect Lost U.S. Jobs to Return
Accounting Fraud and the Big Banks: Worse than Enron?
Dec. 2, 2009 • 6 Comments
Keynesians Are Wrong
Dec. 1, 2009 • 11 Comments
Robert Reich: 'Shame Won't Work. Only Political Muscle and Courage Will'
Dec. 1, 2009 • 7 Comments
The U.S. Tax Code Encourages Leverage
Nov. 30, 2009 • 5 Comments
- What Happens to Citibank's $8 Billion Loan to Dubai?
DuBubble DuBurst: A Brief History of and Fallout from Dubai's Bursting Bubble
Nov. 29, 2009 • 2 Comments
- The Fed Doesn't Really Want Banks to Increase Lending
Deficits and Massive Debt Overhangs Do Matter
Nov. 23, 2009 • 2 Comments
- Wells Fargo Thinks It Doesn't Have to Reserve Against Bad Loans
Obama, Biden, Holder: Reviewing Tuesday's Statements
Nov. 18, 2009 • 1 Comment
Fed Talking Leverage Reduction: Like a Crack Dealer Handing Out 'Just Say No' Stickers
Nov. 18, 2009 • 2 Comments
- Japan's Not Out of the Woods Yet
- Special Inspector: AIG Counterparty Volunteered to Take Haircut, Geithner Refused
Bernanke Blames Banks for Slow Recovery - While Patting Them on the Back
Nov. 17, 2009 • 4 Comments
South Korean Economy Grew at an 11% Annual Rate in Q2
Nov. 16, 2009 • Comment!
- New Legislation Targets Derivatives: But Will It Work?
- Mexico: Now the Cheapest Place to Manufacture U.S. Goods
- The Weak Dollar and the Too-Big-to-Fails
Sen. Dorgan: The System Is Rigged
Nov. 13, 2009 • 5 Comments
- Confirmed: Defense Spending Creates Fewer Jobs than Other Types of Spending
- Barrick Gold Confirms We've Reached 'Peak Gold'
- Military Spending Double Whammy: Increasing Unemployment and Reducing GDP
- Memo to Senator Dodd: Financial Reform Need Not Be Complicated
- Senator Dodd's Financial Reform Bill: Trying to Prop Up a Broken System