This user currently has no profile.
I first became interested in investing when I was about 12 years old. My mom was telling a story about her best friend's husband, who had bought stock in Clearly Canadian, and was handing out bottles to friends at every opportunity. I wanted to know more about what it meant to buy stocks, so my parents encouraged me to contact a broker, who suggested I get my start in mutual funds. In ninth grade, I participated in a stock market simulation game in one of my classes. My team came in first place, due in part to our tech-heavy focus in the mid 90s. Several years later, after following the market further, and contributing periodically to my mutual fund account, I inherited a good amount of money when a relative died. So, I ...More opened an online account and started trading on my own around 2001-2002. Some of my initial purchases at that time included MO, AMZN and PFE. Unfortunately, I made some poor financial decisions during my college years and had to sell my positions to pay off some credit card debt. I currently manage the investments in my IRA, as well as those in my wife's. Since we are both relatively young, I look for stocks that offer consistent dividend growth, as well as companies that might be undervalued. I am currently long ETN, GOOGL, MA, GILD, TXRH and TWX.
- Description: Occasional Investor. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Energy stocks, Retirement savings, Stocks - long
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Latest Comments more »
- GILD is loved, for sure. Bu... on 42 Good Companies: Do They Trade At A Good Price?
- Thanks for the informative ... on 42 Good Companies: Do They Trade At A Good Price?
- I would think KO could use ... on Could WhiteWave Foods Be The Next Acquisition F...
- WWAV's rolling P/E over the... on Could WhiteWave Foods Be The Next Acquisition F...
- Yes, a 7.1 percent increase... on Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago?