Wes Blevins

View Wes Blevins' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Could WhiteWave Foods Be The Next Acquisition For Coca-Cola? [View article]
    I would think KO could use the same distribution system they use for their Odwalla beverages. As for shelf life, WWAV's organic milk typically comes with an expiration date about a month and a half out.
    I don't think KO will buy WWAV, but some other company will.
    Aug 20 08:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Could WhiteWave Foods Be The Next Acquisition For Coca-Cola? [View article]
    WWAV's rolling P/E over the last four quarters is 36. I prefer rolling P/E to fy; it more accurately reflects earnings growth.
    Aug 20 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago? [View news story]
    Yes, a 7.1 percent increase to $0.335 per share
    Aug 6 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago? [View news story]
    Not often you find well-run companies on sale like this.
    Aug 6 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago? [View news story]
    Trading in pre-market at 13.6X the low-end of the company's projected 2016 earnings. Yielding 2.3 percent at these levels.
    Great time to put in a limit order.
    Aug 6 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen confirms full Alliance Boots takeover and U.S. HQ [View news story]
    10.3% drop in pre-market trading makes WAG a stock trading at 16.1X forward earnings and 14.6X the low-end of their 2016 projected earnings. Also puts the yield at just above 2 percent.
    Clearly some of the inversion hopes were already priced in, but not to the tune of 10+ percent. This seems like a fine buying opportunity to me.
    Aug 6 08:15 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • B/E Aerospace: Buy The Dip [View article]
    Stock is trading at 16.5X forward earnings. Announced a great quarter with ~16 percent organic earnings growth YoY, and that's without any buybacks. Company announced plans to split itself in two, but Wall Street was hoping for a sale, and the stock is down ~15 percent over the last quarter.
    I just got in at $86 and change. I am optimistic based on the company's market share in the industry (>50 percent), and the company's huge backlog ($8.9B).
    Aug 1 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Panera Continue To Outperform? [View article]
    Panera's market cap is $3.9 billion. Compared with Chipotle's $20.9 billion, PNRA seems undervalued.
    Jul 26 09:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market On Spring Break [View article]
    SWKS board recently announced plans to initiate a $0.11 per share quarterly dividend. Should give DGI investors a reason to take a look at this growing company.
    Mar 10 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Young Investor Portfolio: Focusing On Dividend And Earnings Growth For Years To Come [View article]
    I am a follower of Mr. Carnevale's. One of his recent articles is where I first became aware of SLGN.
    Mar 8 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    storm, I agree completely. I chose DIS for his dividend reinvestment account because it's a company he can relate to at a relatively early age. I look forward to teaching him about investing someday.
    Mar 8 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think I have a good mix of small- to mid-cap stocks. Three of my seven larger positions (SLGN, UNM and SWKS) have market caps between $3 and 9 billion. I actually bought SWKS as a pure growth play; if they want to pay me while they keep growing, who am I to complain?
    Mar 8 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and for the suggestions, blackvenom and tmoney. I have started a separate dividend reinvestment transfer-to-minor account in DIS for our 6-month-old son.
    Mar 7 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I stated, ONVO is my one speculative stock, and currently comprises a very small percentage of the overall portfolio.
    Mar 7 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Load Up On SodaStream Especially If It Drops To $30 [View article]
    Does anybody else see SODA being in a similar place that GMCR was 3-4 years ago with its Keurig brewers? People thought they were neat and they served a niche group, but most people thought they were an unnecessary fad item. Fast forward to 2014 and everybody and their mother has a Keurig.
    Jan 14 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment