Wes Blevins

View Wes Blevins' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Walgreen confirms full Alliance Boots takeover and U.S. HQ [View news story]
    10.3% drop in pre-market trading makes WAG a stock trading at 16.1X forward earnings and 14.6X the low-end of their 2016 projected earnings. Also puts the yield at just above 2 percent.
    Clearly some of the inversion hopes were already priced in, but not to the tune of 10+ percent. This seems like a fine buying opportunity to me.
    Aug 6 08:15 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Young Investors: Retire In Luxury Through Dividend Growth And Value [View article]
    Thank you for your feedback. Based on a couple of comments I've gotten, I hope the gist of my article is not being taken as young investors should throw caution to the wind and invest in cheap stocks because they are cheap. Some stocks are cheap for reasons that make them bad investments. I was simply trying to point out that there are high-quality dividend stocks that offer value as well as a solid yield.
    Apr 16 02:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could WhiteWave Foods Be The Next Acquisition For Coca-Cola? [View article]
    WWAV's rolling P/E over the last four quarters is 36. I prefer rolling P/E to fy; it more accurately reflects earnings growth.
    Aug 20 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Ignore These 4% Yielders [View article]
    "[COP] consistently and frequently raises its dividend payout. It has more than doubled its payout over the last 8 years."

The second statement is true; but COP hasn't raised its dividend since Feb. 2011. With a ~45% payout ratio, the company could afford a dividend increase.
    May 17 05:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could WhiteWave Foods Be The Next Acquisition For Coca-Cola? [View article]
    I would think KO could use the same distribution system they use for their Odwalla beverages. As for shelf life, WWAV's organic milk typically comes with an expiration date about a month and a half out.
    I don't think KO will buy WWAV, but some other company will.
    Aug 20 08:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago? [View news story]
    Yes, a 7.1 percent increase to $0.335 per share
    Aug 6 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Panera Continue To Outperform? [View article]
    Panera's market cap is $3.9 billion. Compared with Chipotle's $20.9 billion, PNRA seems undervalued.
    Jul 26 09:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Should Buy Chobani [View article]
    Alexander, thanks for your comment.
    Coca-Cola has already invested in Odwalla, which produces juice drinks that require refrigeration. Chobani already has a distribution network, so Coke wouldn't need to reinvent the wheel. I also think Coke could marry Chobani with Odwalla products by producing Greek yogurt and fruit smoothies.
    Aug 15 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay: A Compelling Buy On Recent Weakness [View article]
    I agree with your positive sentiment on eBay's long-term growth prospects, particularly with regards to PayPal. http://seekingalpha.co...
    I increased my position in eBay today by 50 percent.
    Apr 23 01:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If you were buying dividend stocks at 18, you have a good head on your shoulders for long-term investing. Thanks for your comment.
    Apr 16 02:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago? [View news story]
    Not often you find well-run companies on sale like this.
    Aug 6 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreaction to Walgreen staying in Chicago? [View news story]
    Trading in pre-market at 13.6X the low-end of the company's projected 2016 earnings. Yielding 2.3 percent at these levels.
    Great time to put in a limit order.
    Aug 6 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • B/E Aerospace: Buy The Dip [View article]
    Stock is trading at 16.5X forward earnings. Announced a great quarter with ~16 percent organic earnings growth YoY, and that's without any buybacks. Company announced plans to split itself in two, but Wall Street was hoping for a sale, and the stock is down ~15 percent over the last quarter.
    I just got in at $86 and change. I am optimistic based on the company's market share in the industry (>50 percent), and the company's huge backlog ($8.9B).
    Aug 1 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market On Spring Break [View article]
    SWKS board recently announced plans to initiate a $0.11 per share quarterly dividend. Should give DGI investors a reason to take a look at this growing company.
    Mar 10 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Young Investor Portfolio: Focusing On Dividend And Earnings Growth For Years To Come [View article]
    I am a follower of Mr. Carnevale's. One of his recent articles is where I first became aware of SLGN.
    Mar 8 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment