Wes Blevins

View Wes Blevins' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Young Investors: Retire In Luxury Through Dividend Growth And Value [View article]
    Thank you for your feedback. Based on a couple of comments I've gotten, I hope the gist of my article is not being taken as young investors should throw caution to the wind and invest in cheap stocks because they are cheap. Some stocks are cheap for reasons that make them bad investments. I was simply trying to point out that there are high-quality dividend stocks that offer value as well as a solid yield.
    Apr 16 02:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Ignore These 4% Yielders [View article]
    "[COP] consistently and frequently raises its dividend payout. It has more than doubled its payout over the last 8 years."

The second statement is true; but COP hasn't raised its dividend since Feb. 2011. With a ~45% payout ratio, the company could afford a dividend increase.
    May 17 05:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Should Buy Chobani [View article]
    Alexander, thanks for your comment.
    Coca-Cola has already invested in Odwalla, which produces juice drinks that require refrigeration. Chobani already has a distribution network, so Coke wouldn't need to reinvent the wheel. I also think Coke could marry Chobani with Odwalla products by producing Greek yogurt and fruit smoothies.
    Aug 15 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay: A Compelling Buy On Recent Weakness [View article]
    I agree with your positive sentiment on eBay's long-term growth prospects, particularly with regards to PayPal. http://seekingalpha.co...
    I increased my position in eBay today by 50 percent.
    Apr 23 01:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If you were buying dividend stocks at 18, you have a good head on your shoulders for long-term investing. Thanks for your comment.
    Apr 16 02:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market On Spring Break [View article]
    SWKS board recently announced plans to initiate a $0.11 per share quarterly dividend. Should give DGI investors a reason to take a look at this growing company.
    Mar 10 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Young Investor Portfolio: Focusing On Dividend And Earnings Growth For Years To Come [View article]
    I am a follower of Mr. Carnevale's. One of his recent articles is where I first became aware of SLGN.
    Mar 8 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    storm, I agree completely. I chose DIS for his dividend reinvestment account because it's a company he can relate to at a relatively early age. I look forward to teaching him about investing someday.
    Mar 8 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think I have a good mix of small- to mid-cap stocks. Three of my seven larger positions (SLGN, UNM and SWKS) have market caps between $3 and 9 billion. I actually bought SWKS as a pure growth play; if they want to pay me while they keep growing, who am I to complain?
    Mar 8 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and for the suggestions, blackvenom and tmoney. I have started a separate dividend reinvestment transfer-to-minor account in DIS for our 6-month-old son.
    Mar 7 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I stated, ONVO is my one speculative stock, and currently comprises a very small percentage of the overall portfolio.
    Mar 7 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Load Up On SodaStream Especially If It Drops To $30 [View article]
    Does anybody else see SODA being in a similar place that GMCR was 3-4 years ago with its Keurig brewers? People thought they were neat and they served a niche group, but most people thought they were an unnecessary fad item. Fast forward to 2014 and everybody and their mother has a Keurig.
    Jan 14 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE plans to exit retail finance [View news story]
    Excellent news for GE shareholders. Hopefully they will put some of that $$$$ to use with increased buybacks.
    Aug 30 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Should Buy Chobani [View article]
    Perhaps. Chobani's revenue passed $1 billion annually for 2012, but there's no way of knowing how much of that is profit, since Chobani is privately held.
    Aug 15 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ingredion: Sweetened Profits For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Another thing to think about: The things that make INGR attractive to me as an individual investor are the same things that would make it a potential buyout candidate at some point. Relatively small market cap, profitable, solid and growing dividend and a "boring" business model. It's the prototypical Berkshire buyout candidate; but could also attract suitors within the same industry. I'm perfectly happy sitting back and watching earnings and dividends grow over the years, but if some company wants to offer me a significant premium for my shares, that's just icing on the cake.
    Jun 13 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment