Wide Moat Investing
This user currently has no profile.
Wide Moat Investing (http://widemoatinvesting.wordpress.com/) is a blog written from Charlottesville, Virginia that wants to better understand what makes a good business great, and hopefully uncover some investment opportunities along the way. As Warren Buffett once told his shareholders, “I don’t want an easy business for competitors. I want a business with a moat around it. I want a very valuable castle in the middle and then I want a duke who is in charge of that castle to be very honest and hardworking and able. Then I want a moat around that castle. The moat can be various things: The moat around our auto insurance business, GEICO, is low cost.”At the blog, we will analyze and value businesses particularly by ...More examining their economic "moats." To do so, we will employ a variety of quantitative or qualitative methods, inspired by the methods of successful investors like Warren Buffett, Philip Fisher, Benjamin Graham, Seth Klarman, and Charlie Munger.
- Description: Hedge Fund Analyst. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest Comments more »
- "Correct me if I'm wro... on Three Reasons to Cast Back on Seanergy
- Recall the minority interes... on Three Reasons to Cast Back on Seanergy
- The reverse split should cr... on EDCI Holdings: No Fire Sale Here
- They keep having to raise c... on Artificial Life: Attractive Trade for the Boomi...
- Thanks for the write-up. I ... on Graham Corp.: High Quality Business With Free G...
Latest comments on Wide Moat's Articles
- extremevalue on Target: Customer Passion Still Compels Profits
- GreatStockPicks on Three Reasons to Cast Back on Seanergy
- The Rational Walk on Contango Oil and Gas: Two Improbable Statements
- Hester on Contango Oil and Gas: Two Improbable Statements
- ozzfan1317 on Contango Oil and Gas: Two Improbable Statements