This user currently has no profile.
Founder of Koldus Contrarian Investments, Ltd, which was incorporated in the spring of 2009. Made money in 2008 with a net long portfolio, deploying capital in some of the market's darkest hours. Shorting, hedging, and option strategies also helped me in 2008 and 2009, and these are skills that I have developed ever since I started trading heavily in 1996. I am a market historian, and I enjoy putting this knowledge to work in the active capital markets. To this day, I continue to learn, and some of these learning lessons have been hard ones. The capital that I accumulated and the confidence gained in navigating the treacherous investment waters of 2008 gave me the confidence to launch my own investment firm in the spring ...More of 2009, right before the ultimate lows in the stock market. At the time I was working as a senior analyst at one of the largest RIA's in the country, and I felt strongly that the market environment was the best time since 1974/1975 to start an investment firm. Prior to starting my firm, I was a senior analyst for three different firms over approximately 10 years (Charles Schwab, Redwood, Oxford), moving up in responsibility and scope at each stop along my journey. Since I was a paperboy, I have always had an interest in the investment markets. I love researching and finding opportunities. I am a Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA, as well as a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, CAIA. After starting in the teaching program at Ball State University, I switched to a career in finance when I turned a small student loan into a substantial amount of capital. I graduated summa cum laude with a degree in finance from Ball State.
- Description: Hedge Fund Manager. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: Bonds, Commodities, Developed International Markets, Dividend stock ideas & income, Energy stocks, Gold, Options, REITs, Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
2013 - My Toughest Year As A Money Manager http://seekingalpha.com/a/1580h Dec 31, 2013
Latest Comments more »
- Enjoyed the discussion. Thx... on What Exactly Is Risk?
- Yueping:Very good article a... on Bullish Aspects Of Vale S.A.
- Excellent and well written ... on Energy Price Spread: Natural Gas Vs. Crude Oil ...
- Eric:Enjoyed the article an... on The Pain Has Only Just Begun
- Jake:Excellent article…shou... on The Crisis Of Modern Economics
Latest comments on William Koldus, CFA, CAIA's Articles