View as an RSS Feed
View William Meyers' Articles BY TICKER:
Dot Hill Nears Inflection Point
- Dot Hill is introducing new advanced data storage technologies.
- New customers and new products for vertical markets should drive growth.
- Q2 results were weak due to a (likely) one-time event.
- Dot Hill's stock price is attractive if you assume a near-term positive inflection point.
Could GlaxoSmithKline Be A Better Investment Than Gilead?
- GlaxoSmithKline has declined this year while Gilead has risen.
- Glaxo has a new HIV therapy that could take market share from Gilead.
- Glaxo's pipeline should lead it back to growth in 2015.
- But Gilead is likely to continue to outperform Glaxo in the short run.
Mylan: Deeply Undervalued On Unwarranted Approval Concerns
- Mylan has a vast pipeline of generic drugs awaiting FDA approval.
- Concern about the timing of approvals has depressed the stock price.
- Patient investors are likely to see extraordinary returns in the next few years.
Will Inovio's Deal With Roche Lead To A Cancer Blockbuster?
- Inovio announced changes in its prostate cancer collaboration with Roche.
- A Roche checkpoint modulator will likely to be added to Inovio's DNA vaccine.
- Milestone payments should ease Inovio investors' painfully long wait for results.
Vertex's Price And Prospects Compared To Alexion
- Vertex's stock price already assumes a large expansion in patients treated for cystic fibrosis.
- Vertex's value is highly dependent on a $300,000 per year per patient price tag.
- Vertex could break up or down, even assuming FDA approval for Lumacaftor, due to pricing.
How Microchip Ramped Earnings With 8-Bit Devices
- Microchip EPS rose 19% y/y to $0.68.
- 8-bit microcontroller devices led revenue growth.
- ARM challenge was just in analysts' imaginations.
Can Biogen Idec Take Wing With Tecfidera?
- Biogen reported strong Q2 results and raised guidance.
- Tecfidera for multiple sclerosis was the key growth driver in the quarter.
- Using reasonable EPS growth estimates, Biogen looks attractive for longer-term investors.
Is Inovio Undervalued After Positive HPV Therapy Results?
- Inovio released positive topline Phase II data for its HPV vaccine.
- In addition to clearing up HPV, it results in cervical tumor regression.
- This confirms the possible efficacy of DNA-based vaccines in general.
- Inovio has a broad pipeline of early-stage DNA vaccines.
3 More Reasons To Stay Long AMD
- Market capitalization is well below 1 times annual revenue.
- Margins are likely to improve.
- Gaming consoles to ramp in China in 2015.
Gilead Down On Merck-Idenix Deal, But Little To Fear
- Merck is acquiring Idenix for its hepatitis C pipeline.
- Gilead, which had $2.3 billion in hepatitis C revenue in Q1, sold off on the news.
- The state of the combined Merck-Idenix pipelines indicates Gilead remains well ahead.
- The valuation of Idenix indicates its therapies are unlikely to beat Gilead's.
Seagate Adds Potential Value With SSD Capabilities
- Seagate is acquiring the SSD assets of LSI.
- HDD storage is still far cheaper than SSD.
- Seagate could return to growth, and a higher P/E.
Agenus Platforms Provide Many Shots On Commercialization Goal
- Agenus is a development-stage biotech with 3 therapy platforms.
- Cancer checkpoint inhibitor platform resulted in a partnership with Merck.
- A broad pipeline provides many shots at commercialization of therapies.
Celgene In 2015: $200 Per Share
- Using Celgene's guidance and current P/E, should approach $160 per share by end of 2014.
- Using Celgene's guidance and current P/E, should approach $345 per share by end of 2017.
- Expect strong earnings growth from sales of Revlimid and new products Pomalyst and Ortezla.
Regeneron Down 15% From 52-Week High: Buy?
- Regeneron has a high P/E ratio.
- Eylea revenue has been growing fast and should continue rapid growth through 2015, at least.
- Is 15% off the 52-week high a buying opportunity?
Dendreon Ready For A Rebound
- Dendreon has multiple positive potential catalysts in 2014-2015.
- The negative argument against DNDN has been over-hyped.
- The approval of Provenge in Europe reinforces the medical consensus about its efficacy.
- Diverging Strategies Make AMD, Intel And Nvidia All Buys
- Xilinx Has A Brighter Future Than Intel
- Akamai: Q4 Could Be A Catalyst
- Marvell Technologies Will Ramp Smartphone Chip Profits In 2014
- Nearly Quadrupling In 2013, Dot Hill Still Has 2X Potential In 2014
- Advanced Micro Devices Versus Nvidia: Is There Anything For Investors In Their Final Battle?
- Agenus Valuation After Positive HerpV Vaccine Results
- Cantel Medical: Proven Aggressive Growth And Stock Returns
- Biotechs In Nasdaq 100 Recap
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals: Dog Of The Nasdaq 100 Biotechs
- Regeneron Pipeline Worth Tens Of Billions In Market Capitalization
- Mylan Pursues Global Generics Dominance Strategy
- Intuitive Surgical Market Saturation Could Be Brief
- Amgen With Onyx Pharmaceuticals: Long-Term Analysis
- Adept Technology's Turnaround On Track
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Offers Long-Term Value
- Marvell Offers Long-Term Value Proposition